Thread: Honor among thieves

Veteran

Honor among thieves

I know that there is another thread just for honor, but it's all over the place. Thief ops are just as hard as mage ops, even harder really, and more risky. I'm suggesting that sabotage ops like NS and prop should have more honor in them then what they do. I don't have specific numbers to toss at you, just the raw idea.
    Long live Mehul!

No.

I'm not against nerfing the honor gains from instant spells like fb/et/ll etc. But sabotage ops are instant dmg they are pretty strong and are targeted at specific provs(ms/chastity/greed are targeted at everyone). No need to increase the honor gain from them. Also you mentioned they are harder than spells - which is wrong. There are more mods for thievery(TD) which also decreases your losses. Getting thieves is also easier than getting wizz.

tl;dr - thievery is not magic.

Enthusiast
    Just because they arent the same doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated as if they were. Some ops are generally unused because they are too random and weak. Take the standard Arson op, for example. Even at 1k acres, you only get 6 to 10 buildings per op - and you dont even know which buildings they are. If anything the output should say something like "we burned down 3 homes and 5 stables." I mean, how do the thieves NOT know what they are burning down? The randomness of the op combined with the lack of honor it gives, means it goes relatively unused in the warring tier.

The same goes for bribing thieves. The only thieves that really do much damage are those of TM's, and trying to run TM ops on a TM is generally not done because of the extremely high failure rate. Releasing Prisoners and Stealing war horses are both also ops with low returns. My kingdom plays in the warring tier and rarely ever see any of these ops used. They're too random, the damage is generally low and they get borderline no honor.

There is absolutely no reason thievery should get just as much honor as magic. Both are equally destructive if used correctly.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    There is absolutely no reason thievery should get just as much honor as magic. Both are equally destructive if used correctly.
    Should what you said yourself not make the argument that ops SHOULD get as much honor as spells? If they are both equally destructive.

Scribe
    The difference is you can buy thieves, and if they die you just buy some more. You can raise TPA by a substantial amount in a few hours, not so with wizards.
    I am not opposed to giving some thievery ops more honor, but to say they are just as hard as mage ops is going too far.

Thread Information