Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty disappointed

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Pretty disappointed

CR couldn't even top TFC's #5 finish with a better roster, better leadership, and less competition.

Low energy! Sad!
    #OriginalGangsterFaeries

(But really, good job faeries)

I would be relatively confident that there would have been an all faery kd before TFC Palem, most likely only single ages though
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    CR couldn't even top TFC's #5 finish with a better roster, better leadership, and less competition.

Low energy! Sad!
    #OriginalGangsterFaeries

(But really, good job faeries)
    You really think I'd let them beat my favorite forum mod <3

Luv u Palem and Taylor!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    I would be relatively confident that there would have been an all faery kd before TFC Palem, most likely only single ages though
    Not to my knowledge. People have used a faery core. One age Tivoli went 24 faeries (I think the monarch was a human).

Not saying 100%, but I'm fairly certain we were the first ones dumb enough to go all faery lol

Forum Fanatic
    Pansies age 20 started as 25 fae but got a deletion and the random was a human. (did crown though). There was also a 25 prov fae kingdom age 23 (check honor charts, I feel like they were t5. Were also a TR kingdom). GA did it in the 30s as well.

We did 24 faeries one suiciding dwarf one age. Faery's basically had no off. We won one war by ll alone.

Still remember converting all of our attackers to 100% EPA with extra TGs to get all that land from TFC (Going almost full suicide was the only way to break them). The only real problem that remains is that once all of that land have been digested you gonna be stuck with 25 nasty faerys on some sick wpa stats to op you non stop. In the end of the day its not worth all that land. It is still a good uto memory to keep. But looking back at the situation you probably would need to have an end of the age age-off kind of game to have better success, being able to pull off lots of mass/learn waves prior to taking all that land. It would still be troubling to have 25 faerys opping you non stop and if say the fight had gone on for a month without war we would have been stuck with no science, no army and no econ at all and ready for the faerys to return all the land and crush us. A really good experience. It was fun and i could for sure see myself have a KD going 25 faerys every age while slacking. TFC was a ****ty KD, they had no activity and no real coordination when opping. It would have been a sweet thing to see a 25 man active top KD go full faery, outside of war a faery KD could hold their ground forever and beat anyone if properly organised. It is a shame that we dont see more things like this more often. I did 25 orcs one age and 25 halflings one age and pretty much full KD of every other race except for faery. Those kind of ages use to be extremely fun, the 25 orc age was probably the most insane one - Its a extremely interesting setup if you dont care for winning the wars - We ran the setup entirely based upon how much land we could farm in 48h from any opponents in min time wars. We WD and re-organised even in wars we were winning to move on quickly towards next target. When there was still no WW bonuses in the game this made it an extremely fun way to play. A orc setup with lots of rax/tgs/gs that plays only to come out with landgain from all conflicts makes a dangerous bunch. I remember that not until we had pissed of a bit to many KDs with our constant WDs and taking their land our fun came to an end when we had to go b2b a few times to many for our econ to last. Had we done 24 orcs and 1 bank we could have had far greater success and i am looking forward to see people being able to make these kind of setups again, not because they might win an age with such a setup but because it is fun and challenging to play something different.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Still remember converting all of our attackers to 100% EPA with extra TGs to get all that land from TFC (Going almost full suicide was the only way to break them). The only real problem that remains is that once all of that land have been digested you gonna be stuck with 25 nasty faerys on some sick wpa stats to op you non stop. In the end of the day its not worth all that land. It is still a good uto memory to keep. But looking back at the situation you probably would need to have an end of the age age-off kind of game to have better success, being able to pull off lots of mass/learn waves prior to taking all that land. It would still be troubling to have 25 faerys opping you non stop and if say the fight had gone on for a month without war we would have been stuck with no science, no army and no econ at all and ready for the faerys to return all the land and crush us. A really good experience. It was fun and i could for sure see myself have a KD going 25 faerys every age while slacking. TFC was a ****ty KD, they had no activity and no real coordination when opping. It would have been a sweet thing to see a 25 man active top KD go full faery, outside of war a faery KD could hold their ground forever and beat anyone if properly organised. It is a shame that we dont see more things like this more often. I did 25 orcs one age and 25 halflings one age and pretty much full KD of every other race except for faery. Those kind of ages use to be extremely fun, the 25 orc age was probably the most insane one - Its a extremely interesting setup if you dont care for winning the wars - We ran the setup entirely based upon how much land we could farm in 48h from any opponents in min time wars. We WD and re-organised even in wars we were winning to move on quickly towards next target. When there was still no WW bonuses in the game this made it an extremely fun way to play. A orc setup with lots of rax/tgs/gs that plays only to come out with landgain from all conflicts makes a dangerous bunch. I remember that not until we had pissed of a bit to many KDs with our constant WDs and taking their land our fun came to an end when we had to go b2b a few times to many for our econ to last. Had we done 24 orcs and 1 bank we could have had far greater success and i am looking forward to see people being able to make these kind of setups again, not because they might win an age with such a setup but because it is fun and challenging to play something different.

None in TFC had more than 4.5rwpa except for me and kes before you started hitting us that age. Not only did we have zero leadership, we weren't even enough pumped to successfully cast ops on your dwarves. The only leadershipping that went on was Palem making absurd threats to real KDs trying to secure free CFs. I

would definately like to see more real KDs with these crazy setups, would be alot of fun to follow.

Make dice great again
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @Zauper- fair enough. None as great as TFC though ;)

@Minty - hey...we got those CF's :p. Just goes to show ya that you really don't have to be a good kingdom to secure cf's.

@Anri - it was an interesting age. Particularly watching people react to our existence at the top. Most were just happy to CF us and mostly forget that we existed. Some were pretty hostile (like Simians). Watching Jdorje in particular try to figure out the puzzle of how to farm us and not deal with the repercussions of giving a kingdom of faeries a huge hostile meter was amusing.

Overall 9/10. Would do again (although not in today's utopia)
    Last edited by Palem; 10-03-2017 at 13:55.

@Minty - hey...we got those CF's :p. Just goes to show ya that you really don't have to be a good kingdom to secure cf's.

@Anri - it was an interesting age. Particularly watching people react to our existence at the top. Most were just happy to CF us and mostly forget that we existed. Some were pretty hostile (like Simians). Watching Jdorje in particular try to figure out the puzzle of how to farm us and not deal with the repercussions of giving a kingdom of faeries a huge hostile meter was amusing.

You got those CFs, and TFC was what you said it would be. It was chill. Just very funny to me that Simians needed to go out of their way with 100% elites etc to get our land.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    You got those CFs, and TFC was what you said it would be. It was chill. Just very funny to me that Simians needed to go out of their way with 100% elites etc to get our land.
    Anry is always willing to spend a week and $.99 to make $1
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Different approach and mindset in the top. Up until i left the game i was always willing to fight anyone, for me it is a question about earning your spot in the top. You dont deserve to be in the top ranks IF you cant fight your opponents and just want to CF everyone. Every last KD that tries to be in the top without deserving it is just a waste of space and should be put down like an old animal. It just makes the game sad. I dont care if the KDs are named CR or Emeriti or whatever. If they are on age-off or if they are trying their best, if KDs want to be in the top they should consider competing. It is part reason why the top became dead, as soon as people let KDs get free CFs to just pump for entire ages while farming smaller KDs for land - without any kind of risk from having the other top KDs raping them. While i was around i had non of that behaviour and it pissed off a bunch of people in the top that felt they were somehow entitled to get free CFs in the top while not competing, even getting 1st, 2nd or a 3rd rank without even trying to fight anyone and acting as if if they dont compete they are free to make the biggest banks on the server without having anyone hit them at any time. Such a load of crap, sad stuff to see, i dont know how it got to be that way. Maybe to few Anri in the top and to few Elit etc etc. Hope the game one day returns to competition instead of everyone acting and caring more for slacking and getting the CFs to last you for a top rank or even some crowns. The day i see some KD actually fight and beat all other KDs on decently fair grounds and then crown that be the day, long time no see....
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

And getting 100% leet army was worth it. I could mention that we once won a war vs BF because we had nearly 100% leet army and the only reason we could win was because we did not have to send our troops out during war, something BF never anticipated. We had about 4-5 people sending out during 48h and meanwhile BF could not break a single prov on our side because we kept leets home, it was really a jawdropping moment for them when they came to realise they got outsmarted by Simians and had to WD. Just another way of using full leet army now that we speak about it.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

I like to post

Its good to see you dont remember our "litle" hostile :)
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information