Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: umunk in game

Scribe

umunk in game

so maybe I am the only one, but if umunk is linked in the game in preferences then a seperate log in/registration should not be required in my opinion.

just another thing to disadvantage new players that have no idea what it's for and how to use it, all to make life easier for the old lazy player base.

loving all the rest of the work that has been done and I am glad munk is in the dev team if it helps the game. But either integrate it or leave it out, no in between mumble jumble

Forum Addict
    Previously to get a new user on munkbot they needed the following:

1. Register on umunk
    2. Download an extension
    3. Set up the userscript in the extension
    4. Login ingame to 100% utilize the munkbot features

By removing the 2. I believe alot of users will have a MUCH easier time to get munkbot loaded in-game because 1) some browsers dont have an extension 2) some worry about security 3) mobiles can't do it.

So the new change fixes the above 3 things. There has to be some auth between game server and munkbot server and it cannot be 100% secure without the layer of login.
    Last edited by munk; 10-03-2017 at 12:18.

Scribe
    the issue is that a new player wouldn't know what umunk is, nor will they know where or how to register it.

half information is worse than no information.

I really appreciate all your work but for the game to promote something that is really only accessible to a fraction of the player base is bad business as people will quit if they think someone, anyone, has an unfair advantage.

it shouldn't be about making life easier for umunk customers, it should be about making life easier for utopia customers. An added useless button does nothing positive for utopia customers
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 10-03-2017 at 12:21.

Why not try to see the positive aspect in it rather than be a negative Nancy? Everyone that wants have access to munk.

The bulk of the customers (non ad sense) likely already use Munk or other third party add ons. So making it easier for your customers as apposed to consumers isn't a bad policy. I don't have the numbers but I'm fairly certain on this assumption of customer vs consumer.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    just another thing to disadvantage new players that have no idea what it's for and how to use it, all to make life easier for the old lazy player base.
    New players don't know about it when its external, at least now they can find out. Honestly people will complain about anything.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    I am not saying including it is bad. When you include it, add enough information so new players can actually use it.
    there is as far as I can tell no information how to obtain an account or a hint about what it does.

I'm going to have to agree about the lack of info. I've been playing for many years and use the site for target finding. My KD as a whole wasn't interested, but it sounds like now is a good time to jump in. But....I just looked for info on how to set it up for my KD, i still haven't found it. Just a forum link with instructions would be a good start.

Administrator
    We will work to add some additional information there about how to get access to some of the third party resources -- the longterm goal, of course, is to replace a lot of the need of something like umunk, and we'd like to focus our efforts there while at the same time making use of third party resources easier.

Along those lines, we're looking to see if Stinger has interest in having a similar easy way to load his extension ingame, and if there are other third party sites (or similar) with an interest, feel free to approach us and we can work on empowering access.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why not try to see the positive aspect in it rather than be a negative Nancy? Everyone that wants have access to munk.
    that is exactly the problem, they do not have access, nor do they have any information on how to get access or even information why they should have access.
    they have a button that does nothing for them at all

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    We will work to add some additional information there about how to get access to some of the third party resources -- the longterm goal, of course, is to replace a lot of the need of something like umunk, and we'd like to focus our efforts there while at the same time making use of third party resources easier.

Along those lines, we're looking to see if Stinger has interest in having a similar easy way to load his extension ingame, and if there are other third party sites (or similar) with an interest, feel free to approach us and we can work on empowering access.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Post Fiend
    Perhaps a better starting point would be to thank munk for his work and then suggest what you think would improve it? Rather than lead with accusations.

Regular
    Thanks Munk for the in-game integration. My thoughts are that if we are going to offer it in game, there should also be a way to easily register or get a hold of you for non-IRC users. Just streamlining the process, but again thank you. We're trying to set it up right now. :)

Veteran
    Girl just wants SSO at no cost

Grats mr minkey!
    Age 69 Goal: Make Korp lul

Scribe
    BoH customers keep your lights on, consumers pay for improvements , both are important.
    Bishop they will be able to find out about it after information is added, excatly why I posted in the first place
    FATstrat, perhaps you should read a whole post before replying, I did say that I appreciate all of the work. Here and in irc.
    jwuzi, you should know me better than that.

I have new players and each of them has clicked or will click on the link and will be lost. So maybe I was a bit annoyed at the time I was writing the post. I could have worded a thing or two different. But the issue has very little to do with personal motives and yet "the community" reacts in their usual loving fashion.

Thank you Munk and JeffT for taking the time to look into this :) much appreciated

at any rate problem is in the process of being fixed. So thread could be closed I guess.

Thread Information