Faery heretic ~ Deep Mona Phenomalies *

Division 5

Elf mystic ~ Starfall Execupro Orb & Scepter*
    Halfling rogue ~*Shadowgrin Antiquities*
    Human tactician ~*Swordstone Attorneys
    Orc cleric ~ Throaty Mid's Broadcasting *
    Undead war hero ~**Spice Mummy Candies
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Before I continue, I'd like to thank Persain for his TVK 71 submission in the Strategy Forum.

Persains fluid understanding and experience are evident throughout his template. If you ever have time to note the nuances and attention to detail it certainly is worth a look. Strategically I barrowed cues but retained a portion of my ham handed strat and roleplaying bias. If you're a student of the game you'll note Persain quietly confronts the defensive aspects in a very cohessive manner; not just from a kingdom page perspective but in timing and motion.

For my part, the elf cleric was not a strategic decision but a genuine love for playing one of these tanks. When elves have had damage reduction in past ages I've run them prominently without regret.

There were some important spell changes and percentages of note that shed light on some of my previous race and personality choices. Greater Protection for cleric was big in a dynamics aspect, as was the avian -10% gains. Before, I was satisfied with orcs being forced to outblast(yes blast) their opponents, but the intent to defend them was always on my mind. With avian gains dropped from -5% to -10% I knew reaching out of their net worth range was going to present a problem.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 13-03-2017 at 22:05.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    What The Virtual Kingdom Is:

The Virtual Kingdom is an idealized kingdom template consisting of 3 of each race and 3 of each personality. This total of 24 provinces is completed by a 25th province that is not represented among the 24. In this case the elf cleric is the anomaly.

The purpose is to demonstrate both a cultural and strategic direction for fragmented kingdoms that would best be served by merging. In this template I use 5 divisions to represent a 5 kingdom merge. By deploying the full array of available races and personalities my endeavor is to offer a cultural signature. This is pageantry; a celebration of the game.

My travels have taken me all over the game. I've journeyed through war, top, honor, casual and kingdoms torn by civil war. I've seen the struggles to keep healthy via recruits and the depressing loss of good players. I've seen leaders lost with no hope struggling to play in futility. I've seen top leaders driven to retire, unable to reach their former accomplishments.

Over the next few entries I'll try to reintroduce what I've learned in more concise fashion. I realize reading my posts can be numbing so I'll attempt to cut the strategic principals down to function more so than purpose.

Thank you for your time and attention. All comments are welcome.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The Division System

My interest in division systems is several fold.

1. I've been in several small kingdoms that were unable to wave like organized kingdoms. The division system micros the wave model in accordance with various GMT.

2. The organizational prime directive is to have attacker and t/ms work closely together. Each division is assigned particular objectives within the capability of the given race, personality and tactical prowess. This isn't a perfect science so divisions can also assign themselves to reinforce particularly tough objectives.

3. Since each division is ideally a fragment of a former kingdom, the teamwork should be as close to seamless as possible. Nuances lost on players unfamiliar with the mode of operation are minimized.

4. Divisions from different kingdoms can invoke healthy rivalry in competition to complete their objectives. In turn divisions can learn from each other. We encourage each division to recruit their choice of player if replacements are required.

5. Divisions conventionally won't have the impact of an organized wave, but can impose constant pressure depending on their prime activity insofar as GMT. Ideally the divisions include Asian, European and western GMT. This is what I've termed as elliptical waving.

6. Each division has a seat in council. This helps in keeping strategies realistic and sympathetic to the odd circumstance such as European drinking festivals or typhoon season.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The Concept of Triangulation by Color

Red = unbreakable/virtually unbreakable
    Yellow = breakable by some means
    Blue = breakable by all means

In this kingdom template we will use the word 'triangulation' to define the 3 aspects of breakability. Breakability is both a qualitative and quantitative analysis. Imagine each aspect being one side of a triangle. These aspects are applied to both your defensive and offensive integrity and the target defensive and offensive integrity.

1. Breakable by march. How breakable are you? How breakable is the target? The quality aspect includes how far above and how many taps. The higher the tap count the more options become available such as massacre/raze. This also accounts for you and your targets ability to resist chaining etc.

2. Breakable by magic. This is the ability to resist and cast. High quality casting equates to reliable meteor landing etc or nightmare/fireballing.

3. Breakable by sabotage. The ability to resist assassinate wizards/propaganda and the ability to reliable do the same insofar as rogues. Nightstrike, theft, general arson by non-rogues.

By using intel the kingdom can assess realistic objectives and objectives that may present a struggle. Beyond these aspects are such things as meter control, ceasefire environment and economic security.

The color system offers a quick glance to evaluate the strategic theater for those who may weary number crunching.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 14-03-2017 at 05:30.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Division Array

Divisions are arrays in 2 premier spearhead divisions(1,5) a central spearhead division(3) and 2 control/logistics divisions(2.4).

Divisions 1 and 5 are fortified with three of the highest penetration based provinces which include elf mystic, halfling rogue and orc cleric. This combination offers the highest aspect ratio to satisfy the triangulation concept illustrated in post #5. The two additional provinces, human tactician and undead war hero, offer utility in gathering intel and running divisional interference to protect the 3 primaries.

Division 3 is decidedly biased toward higher durability. While it retains solid marching capability the magical and sabotage aspects are slightly muted in the interest of higher defense and malleable sustain.

Divisions 2 and 4 are designed for general engagement and stand as the bulk of the net worth salient control compliment. Their purpose is to augment a central control mechanism and advance the work of the 3 spearhead divisions while bolstering economy.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The Analogy Dump

We all think and learn in different ways. So I figured I'll set a post for movie, music and scripted quote analogies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nifWUdAZRcY

Brick Top: It can get you in a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it.

"I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson." — Emo Philips
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-05-2017 at 05:20.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Culture

This mightn't seem important. My fondness for different areas of the game knows no bounds, but one of the more interesting is the old kingdoms. These are organic cultures born from like minded style and moral equilibrium. One of the mightiest was Simians who had an incredibly long run at a high level.

The Virtual Kingdom can't suddenly achieve a heritage so the merge strategy I propose is to bring small kingdoms together without diluting their uniqueness. The sustainability of the kingdom template is a very important program to the character of The Virtual Kingdom.

The basis for my decision to compartmentalize kingdom fragments into divisions is to mock the districts of long running cities; Cities that remain economically relevant yet still have a rich cultural heritage. The full roster of race and personality is the signature of the kingdom, but the divisions are its culture.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Division Tactics

Global Division Tactic: each province chooses or is assigned 1 kingdom from which to Snatch News throughout the age. Boredom determines reassignment.

Fly Paper: select kingdoms may Snatch our News to see who attacks us for resources and are welcome to take those resources from our aggressor(s). Coop: what comes around...

Division Chaining Option: cross chaining in nw max and/or gains order. Division 1 example, 2taps:
    1st attack - Orc cleric
    2nd - Human tactician
    3rd - Undead war hero
    4th - Undead war hero
    5th - Human tactician
    6th - Orc cleric

Division NW Zone Option: essentially playing nw wackamole.
    A nw zone is determined of say 20k +/- of our principal attacker vicinity.
    Any enemy inside that nw/acre gain zone is attacked till they are no longer in that nw.

Division NW Zone Chaining Option: hybrid chaining where an attacker variable(1 or 2) will concentrate on 1 chain target while the other(s) focus on nw sweep.

Multi-Division Spell Blanket Tactics Option: fader spells cast along the wave ellipse determined by GMT. Example:
    GMT 0 - Division 1: meteors, chastity, gluttony
    GMT -5 - Division 2: chastity, amnesia, blizzard
    ~ Etc; as divisions attain prime activity, casting specialty/sabotage.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 15-03-2017 at 23:29.
    ________
    Weed bowls

I like to post
    Keep up the good work! I might consider running a virtual kd setup next age :)

Postaholic
    Incoming virtual deal break haha

Needs to get out more
    Thanks guys. I noted your 5 Guy setup as the prototype Bart.

I've been wiki reading and watching YouTube videos of starfish and octopi; if that tells you how my strategic mind works :D ~ if scallops are the classic clamp formation...
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Cute Little Things

Since the majority of this template is aimed at the lower tier player, and kingdom struggling to pull it all together, I want to highlight some of the basic synergy I seen left on the table; as it were.

Avian birthrate bonus - you can generate soldiers or income to aid others. Elite credits add to this economic engine.

Dwarf free build - you can build anything and can build it fast. Think about the kingdom.

Elf towers - think about your population challenged faery and help them with runes.

Faery tree of gold - find out about soldier swapping. You're nerfed but not ineffective.

Halfling population bonus - be the go to soldier dump. Keep resources in kingdom.

Human income bonus - you can draft deep and can almost go full elite.

Orc free draft - soldier up your friends. Reflect is kingdom good, so 24/7 when it counts.

Undead sustain - attack what might compromise a kingdom mates offensive/defensive prowess.

By working together and being aware of the kingdom strengths and weaknesses we can be better as a team. Races and personalities that offer stackable defense should be encouraged: force your enemy to use more troops because retraining takes valuable time. Reduce enemy effectiveness insofar as uniques.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-03-2017 at 00:04.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Divisional Phalanx

As intended, the divisional system involves varying degrees of overlap. I'm familiar with this, tactically, from the many games I've played over the years. What I mean by this is any number of division may be targeting the same enemy targets, depending on objectives.

In D&D our sessions had 8 players. Some of us had area effect powers that might work together or cancel each other out. Thus, it was important to know what I could do and be familiar with what the other players could do. This type of familiarity can reap benefit or failure, and this is universal across most any community based gaming.

Example - How might one deploy undead attackers? Well, you know what they do within convention, but let's do this: let's have our undead spread their attacks across as many non-plague immune targets as possible and prudent. Any target contracting plague is left to the orc clerics to multi-tap. Unaffected targets are then engaged by our non-immune segment of the core. By spreading plague we can relieve mystics of casting chasity.

The t/ms and hybrids have a myriad of engagement options and things can be done to compound the damage of the other. The reason I point out amnesia as one of the spells of the wave ellipse is because it doesn't have to be spammed for effect. In my experience I'd cast a few amnesia spells at my leisure, knowing the ongoing effect. You can revisit targets to keep them in check or drive them further down in science effect. If tornadoes are cast on an enemy you can loosen up their defenses so rogues can use greater arson more reliably. Fools gold is another that can be used periodically because gold takes time to regenerate. You steal gold if the target is strong against magic. It's simple, but these things can come up in conflict and your actions should reflect a knowing of the team.

When clearing nw zones the best option might be chaining, if there isn't a glut of enemy attackers in the zone. Attacks can be conducted in a way that benefits other divisions or individuals. Let's say a relatively safe attacker is lead off and a secondary attacker is in the process of being chained or a high probability chain target. We can envision a collection of taps that are part trad march, part alternative(raze/mass). This offers the ailing province to take a higher ratio of acres. The idea is to force the enemy into likable range for your fellow provinces.

There are too many options to mention, but part of the divisional effect is the ability to adapt quickly to situations. This matters to the lower tier because the common system is to follow the royal commands which often go stale long before orders are changed. The objectives remain but the targets and how they are dismantled will be in constant flux. I wouldn't pretend there won't be growing pains in learning to work as a total unit. The key here is to keep it small; within 5 provinces, so that implimentation will not be the problem.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Understanding The Faery Heretic

Very little in Utopia is as bad as it seems. I've run just awful combinations of race and personality, and frankly excelled if I so wished. Those who know me and my location age to age might note me wallowing in inconsequential low mediocrity. I'm not a horn tootin' player because I play under my self inflicted challenge idioms and I follow orders despite my intuition. I'd rather get along than go freakshow and I'm not that great anyway. I'm good enough to play tops without a hitch. Even not being able to calculate ratios I've mustered superior numbers to my contemporaries in top kingdoms. My point here is that anyone should be capable of doing what I do, but many don't because they have a basic need to clutch onto resources. Release yourself from the need to protect goals in progress in the interest of greater objectives.

First is not too be afraid. Second is embrace challenge. Third is don't be angry or narrow minded about how you function vs disparity. This applies to faery heretic because the secret formula is patience and striking when the iron is hot.

In this Virtual Kingdom we don't backseat anyone, but we do practice progression of purpose. A realization of feary heretic importance is paramount to efficiency. While the bulk of the attacking core may be aimed at defending the elf and halflings, the elf and halfling are here to make the faery heretic have a nice day. In turn the faery heretic is here to offer unprecedented leverage to our attacking core.

First we all must bow our heads to the negatives associated with the age 71 faery. In knowing that we will project target reductions in enemy wpa/tpa. We do this because once the faery can reliably break the enemy attacker we will see marked reduction in enemy attacker effectiveness. And this is a global strategy. Even if our elves and halflings are reduced to rubble we maintain pressure on enemy wpa/tpa through raze/mass/amnesia/abduction and runaway fatty ladlust farms. Because the faery damage equivalent surpasses all damage equivalence in game, we would be daft to force them to sit ineffective for any length of time.

I've run faery on a few occasions and I've run them as attackers with the fringe benefit of doing great damage to attacker periphery. That's not even what we're doing here, but I've run faery cleric and done well enough. Faery cleric has no bonuses, so let's look at that as the template for base "good" in that faery suffers a couple of negatives that put it in that ballpark. I didn't have anyone doing razes or massacres for me. In here we will raze/mass with the focussed purpose of assuring faery heretic effectiveness.

As you can see, all things are circular. We can't have attackers doing exclusive razes and massacres and expect them to stay on their feet. In turn we aren't asking our faery heretic to nightmare crush enemies. We want nightmare to create additional taps so our attackers can maintain relative safety. We must consider the enemy factor in rune theft and expose thieves/sabotage.

Operationally, I'm a strong believer in a rune feed scenario. You send runes from various provinces in the time the t/m must go on offense. We want to reduce the effect of rune theft or lightning strikes. Conversely, we can steal runes and even plunder if safe taps are available.

In this Virtual Kingdom there is compromise, but there are strengths in versatility. Unpredictability is a good strategic capability. I'd like to think we can t-bone crash enemies who can't predict what the next action might be.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 26-03-2017 at 17:31.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information