Thread: Dspecs vs Elites to defend

Dspecs vs Elites to defend

Hi everyone, do you guys have any opinions on this?

I.e. 5/10 fae, 6/8 halfling, 8/7 elf elites vs 0/6 dspecs

Elites has lower defense per nw but raises dpa. Dspecs has higher defense per NW, but results in lower dpa... How would you guys choose?
    Started Age 68

Strategy Moderator
    Elites for fae and halfling. Elves should have at least some elites even if they are mostly turtling.

ok, thank you
    Started Age 68

Quote Originally Posted by LochNess View Post
    Hi everyone, do you guys have any opinions on this?

I.e. 5/10 fae, 6/8 halfling, 8/7 elf elites vs 0/6 dspecs

Elites has lower defense per nw but raises dpa. Dspecs has higher defense per NW, but results in lower dpa... How would you guys choose?

I see you are trying to manipulate raw numbers vs nwpa. Generally speaking you should go with the raw numbers. By manipulating nwpa you just put yourself at risk from people of your nw at lower acres (which results in higher acre losses I believe), equal acres, and obviously those are bigger.

However, if you are in a warring kingdom and playing a race with offensive elites. There is much less risk associated with dspecs for defense (e.g Nightstrike/Nightmares/Propaganda chains and attacking/overpop chains).

Enthusiast
    The more elites = more upkeep cost = more skill in micromanagement of econ/pop.

Elves can easily attack and defend with elites. Now Halfling/Fae has a different picture being their elites are more suited for def being their off stat is either = or less than their specs.

I attack so I personally prefer elites as an Elf and always have more elites than Dspecs, but if you are turtling and not as skilled in econ, Dspecs are more common for an Elf.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 07-04-2017 at 20:58.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Regular
    I think with the exception of attackers it's always good to have at least some elites for def. you lose less to things like prop and ns. They're more resistant to attacks and ms as well. The biggest downfall imo is that if you do get chained with a mostly leet def, you're going to be dropping a lot of nw. In war that's obviously a bad thing.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe View Post
    They're more resistant to attacks and ms as well.
    That's not true...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    That's not true...
    I don't have a formula for a lot of these things just experience.

So if you can explain or show how you lose just as many leets as you do dspecs when attacked I'd love to see it.

I know ms also has a random factor. So it would be much harder to show. However since you're saying I'm wrong id love to see how here as well.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Thread Information