Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War win bonuses

War win bonuses

We removed option from kd that won war to go for honor or for land. From what I read in forums the purpose was to decrease gap between growing and warring kds. Is this working?

I have seen 3 kds coming out of war last 24 hrs, all got fed on from bigger kds. Might be a fluke. Are you biggies just waiting for smallies to get leave EOW CF to get free acers? I would if I was a growth kd.

As a warring kd, we never liked extra acers as a bonus, We got what acers we needed from opponents anyhow.

Positive, we dont need to resize. Negative, a kd with 0 wars can win honor crown..

Anyone have opinions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrr View Post
    We removed option from kd that won war to go for honor or for land. From what I read in forums the purpose was to decrease gap between growing and warring kds. Is this working?

I have seen 3 kds coming out of war last 24 hrs, all got fed on from bigger kds. Might be a fluke. Are you biggies just waiting for smallies to get leave EOW CF to get free acers? I would if I was a growth kd.

As a warring kd, we never liked extra acers as a bonus, We got what acers we needed from opponents anyhow.

Positive, we dont need to resize. Negative, a kd with 0 wars can win honor crown..

Whine whine whine your kd saltily down the charts, merrily merrily merrily merrily ghetto life sure sucks

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:34.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

They've always kind of done that. Even when you could pick honor, you'd still have overgrown provs that they'd trim up for you. They've gotten better at knowing exact time for eowcf to drop though.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Haha, well at least your argumentation are solid. I used the same ones when I was 8.

Haha, well at least your argumentation are solid. I used the same ones when I was 8.
    "I dont want land it means I have to play with others in an MMO"

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    They've always kind of done that. Even when you could pick honor, you'd still have overgrown provs that they'd trim up for you. They've gotten better at knowing exact time for eowcf to drop though.
    By better do you mean they type .plunders in IRC and Munkbot does the rest?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    "I dont want land it means I have to play with others in an MMO"
    Yeah, how dare the kindergarten kids complain when they have to share recess with the fifth graders and never get a turn on the monkey bars. Entitled little whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    By better do you mean they type .plunders in IRC and Munkbot does the rest?
    Ah yes that is precisely what I mean ol' chap.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I've tried to arrange wars. Would have given them full fort or whatever. No ball. So they got waved.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Scribe
    I have always been opposed to forcefeeding acres to kingdoms. It's not that I am opposed to growing, we don't land drop, not on purpose anyway, but to be fed acres just so the big guys have more fodder to me is a silly mechanic. It does nothing to make Utopia more competitive. And actually makes warring slower. Kingdoms now have to fort after eowcf, yes Zauper, I know you'll say provinces can be fully drafted within 72 hours...drafted does not mean trained, drafted does not mean war ready. And after fortified they get waved for acres and it takes another 3-4 days to adjust to that and close relations and all that jive. Then after almost 2 weeks of dealing with nothing but no fun crap you can finally try to get activity to pick back up and say you might be war ready.

It is what it is and we'll deal with it, but it doesn't mean it's a good mechanic. Bringing up the issue doesn't mean people are whining. There are simply better ways to inject acres into the game without making it a chore for warring kingdoms.

And to those above with the never ending supply of trolling remarks and memes, go get yourself the first war and see how you like it before you spit crap. Armchair warriors that do nothing for the game but always there to discourage discussion by people that dare suggest there is an issue. Just because it isn't your problem doesn't mean the concern is invalid.

Goodwitch we've waved 2 KDs like this so far. To both of them war deal was offered well in advance which would have let them have their full fort. Like I've said, no ball. These kingdoms didn't want to war us, they wanted to stay big hovering the ranks like that without conflict... Now they have eaten one wave by us, I don't see anything wrong with that either... They can still war in the range they have been lowered to in which they are more likely to find targets (maybe even wave us back if they outgrow us later). The size dimension shouldn't be completely separated from the warring dimension in my opinion. Being either small or big has both advantages and disadvantages.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Goodwitch we've waved 2 KDs like this so far. To both of them war deal was offered well in advance which would have let them have their full fort. Like I've said, no ball. These kingdoms didn't want to war us, they wanted to stay big hovering the ranks like that without conflict... Now they have eaten one wave by us, I don't see anything wrong with that either... They can still war in the range they have been lowered to in which they are more likely to find targets (maybe even wave us back if they outgrow us later). The size dimension shouldn't be completely separated from the warring dimension in my opinion. Being either small or big has both advantages and disadvantages.
    I am not saying waving a kingdom in range is bad. I am saying feeding a kingdom that already grew in war acres is bad. We had some that doubled in size or more last war and then got the "bonus land". Expecting someone like that to get enough wpa and enough draft and enough gold within 7 days (including fort) to compete with a kingdom that has been sitting waiting for them for days at size is just not realistic.

I like to post
    Waving Kingdoms after war is often the best time because the acres are quite undefended. Now, Octo would scold me for saying this because according to him waving KDs that just entered war gives lowest chances of retals!

Thread Information