Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vision for the Game

Veteran

Vision for the Game

What's the new overlords' vision/positioning for the game? Haven't created a prov, but thinking of coming back to play. It would be great to have a manifesto of sorts, so that players know what direction the game will be taking in trying to expand.

Listen to the podcast!

Director of Age Changes
    Are you finally gonna be active nm? :P
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Forum Addict
    Nowhere in the podcast did they say that "having only 3 race/personality combos over 200 provinces" was their vision for the game. We've seen tweaks and changes before leaving some combos better than others, but I can't remember the last time that only 3 combos made up almost half the player base. This metamorphosis is very underwhelming so far, though I at least trust Dave and Jeff to figure it out down the line. Just, right now, yikes.

Needs to get out more
    We(I) was frankly too lazy to switch, or debate switching, from my avian vanilla cleric to something else.

I think the options are pretty fantastic as I assembled The Virtual Kingdom.

While many of the standards might be considered the norm by weight of numbers, I gather some have already navigated a strategy against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    What's the new overlords' vision/positioning for the game? Haven't created a prov, but thinking of coming back to play. It would be great to have a manifesto of sorts, so that players know what direction the game will be taking in trying to expand.
    Find me on irc <3

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Nowhere in the podcast did they say that "having only 3 race/personality combos over 200 provinces" was their vision for the game. We've seen tweaks and changes before leaving some combos better than others, but I can't remember the last time that only 3 combos made up almost half the player base. This metamorphosis is very underwhelming so far, though I at least trust Dave and Jeff to figure it out down the line. Just, right now, yikes.
    Power creep. The strongest elite value used to be 8, and that was 1/8. Orcs were 7/2. Values have gotten out of control, and the final changes don't jive with the feedback on proposed changes. I'm surprised anyone is playing UD at all.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Forum Addict
    It's not even the numbers, it's the utter lack of variety and options for success in the game. Three choices among so many combos? More need to be viable.

Enthusiast
    I am confused at why only 3 races with 3 personality got picked. I mean orc cleric is a beast, elf rogue is viable, humans are viable also. Honestly I think people where so excited to play undead warhero, avian cleric, halfling rogue. That alot of kingdoms over looked good combos. I mean look at the number of elf mystic vs halfling mystic. Halfling mystic destroys elf in about every category.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 12-03-2017 at 05:00.

Lets play a while before starting to whine, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    Lets play a while before starting to whine, shall we?
    Now where is the fun in that?
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    That alot of kingdoms over looked good combos. I mean look at the number of elf mystic vs halfling mystic. Halfling mystic destroys elf in about every category.
    Halfling/Mystic FTW! Stoked about mine this age. First to Marq last age, hope to be first to Prince this one. Couldn't agree more though. Even in my own kingdom I had trouble convincing mates of very workable combos like Dwarf WarHero/Sage or Orc/Cleric as mentioned above. Undead looks awful to me personally.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I just hope we get more players. It would be great to get up over 10k players again.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Most players are pretty n00b, including myself. Of the top 3 combos, ud/wh is pretty bad, halfer/rogue is decent, and av/cleric is actually good (though other combos with av are probably better, depending on your goals). I think people are playing lots of halfers because they've been utter **** the past 2 ages. Now that they are usable people are flocking to them again. Rogue is the obvious combo with them.

I feel like the balance this age is better than usual. Nothing really sticks out as unplayably bad and nothing sticks out at completely broken. There's a few nice combos that are underrepresented for their power.

Thread Information