Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Vision for the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    But of course, the problem of inexperienced kingdoms shooting up only to be stomped down by far superior kingdoms needs to be addressed to be avoided to some extent as well. I just don't get how you can argue for a artificial tiering systems...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    And you knew that the larger you were, the harder the wars you fought, and the more prestige by the community you gathered. 5 wins playing in the top 50 would always be better than 8 in the top 100-50.
    Meh, yes and no. Due to the sheer number of kingdoms, there were a lot that stayed out of the top 50 for the most part that were still good. And every t50 kingdom, or 48/50, were 25 prov kingdoms. So were dozens of others (and I'm just thinking back to ~10-12k players).

But in general you're right, and I especially agree with your assertion that there is a need to maximize interaction with just 3k players. Unlike with 10k, where it was easy for KDs to tier naturally and compete against numerous KDs of similar ability, this is entirely absent now. The problem is that no mechanics (that I can fathom) can make up for the vast skill gap that exists between the majority of kingdoms and the few good ones, and its abundantly clear the majority have no interest in improving.

Regular
    Remove land and nw charts (maybe just for a while). :)
    Maybe remove honor too or change it significantly.

Mod the ww value with 1/x, where x is the number of kindoms within ~10% (a percents significantly smaller that declare range and bigger than average real declare range server wide ) range of the average land (or nw? I think land would be better?) of the 2 kds warring in 4-5 days time before declare.
    :p

Thread Information