Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Lust is now Fading...how does that work defensively???

Blood Lust is now Fading...how does that work defensively???

So I might be totally wrong, but I thought Blood Lust use to be single use, not complaining.

So as of now blood lust shows up as a fading spell with the follow effects:

• +10% Offensive Military Efficiency
    • +15% Higher Military Losses for the caster
    • +10% Military Losses for the enemy

With this being a fading spell, I'm wondering if enemies attacking a prov with blood lust active if they will lose an additional 10% of their offensive forces? I highly imagine the caster will always loss the 15%.

Previous effect (from guide) for reference: 15% more kills and suffer 5% higher losses on their next attack. Available to Warriors only
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 12-03-2017 at 14:33.

Scribe
    Pretty sure the 10% are extra kills as it says losses for the enemy.
    Being a fading spell, as long as it is active your OME stays at +10% but when someone hits you, you lose 15% more troops.
    I don't have is so I can't see if fading is a different category than duration spells. So the OME and incoming losses may fade out over time.
    but we won't know anything for sure till the first one uses it :P

yeah "fading" is the same category as "duration spells" (ie: MP, IA, Pat, etc).
    Curious what the "duration" for blood lust will be. Curious if it's closer to Fanaticism (max 12 hours) or War Spoils (max 6 hours).

I'll know when I cast it for the first time. but all good questions

Post Fiend
    Probably less than 5-6 hours so it cannot be used for 2nd unique (in case you're avian). Or i might be wrong OFC

Our armies crave the scent of blood. They will savage the enemy, or die trying for 7 days. :-\ (15% guilds)

Scribe
    thats long

Post Fiend
    Hey,

This is a joke right .... it's now a duration spell ?!?!?!?!?!? Why the F werent we told about that change? We shot down Avians due to high rune-requirement to keep BL up. This adds a whole other dynamic to their play. Seven hour duration, might get lucky and get two uniques on a single cast. Rather than having to recast it 10 times as Warrior.

How can this change NOT be posted, after there's such a large overhaul of the spell ??

Regards,
    NighT

Administrator
    The language for blood lust was specifically crafted to be clear as to who is affected by the spell and how. It was intended from the first draft of the spell to be duration. From great strength comes great sacrifice. Just as race bonuses come with penalties that must be strategically dealt with so too must powerful spells be. Just as fanaticism gives +offense and - defense it must be balanced, the choice is yours!

I do apologize if there was confusion as to blood lust being duration instead of single use, that was not specifically stated and it likely should have been. To let you into our thought process, it was mostly compared to fanaticism. Fanaticism is and always has been a duration spell that grants both powerful offense with a negative penalty to offset it's power. We wanted to offer another unique powerful offense spell with great advantage and great negative penalty. It is the choice of the user how to use it.
    Last edited by DavidC; 12-03-2017 at 22:04.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Forum Addict
    15% greater losses on defense for 7 days is never ever worth 10% OME and 10% enemy casualties on offense for likely one attack. Not in a million years. That's one round of hits from you with the bonuses, then 7 hours of hits ON you from countless sources with the penalty. Sorry... not even a question, would never use Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    The language for blood lust was specifically crafted to be clear as to who is affected by the spell and how. It was intended from the first draft of the spell to be duration. From great strength comes great sacrifice. Just as race bonuses come with penalties that must be strategically dealt with so too must powerful spells be. Just as fanaticism gives +offense and - defense it must be balanced, the choice is yours!

I do apologize if there was confusion as to blood lust being duration instead of single use, that was not specifically stated and it likely should have been. To let you into our thought process, it was mostly compared to fanaticism. Fanaticism is and always has been a duration spell that grants both powerful offense with a negative penalty to offset it's power. We wanted to offer another unique powerful offense spell with great advantage and great negative penalty. It is the choice of the user how to use it.
    A question regarding this:
    +10% Military Losses for the enemy

Does this mean when a person attacks a bloodlusted target he will also have losses? so the defender and attacker both have losses?

Quote Originally Posted by miilits View Post

Does this mean when a person attacks a bloodlusted target he will also have losses? so the defender and attacker both have losses?
    I assume not but I'd also like to know?
    As mentioned, 7h of +15% losses is crazy for a spell you can probably only make use of for 1 unique.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by miilits View Post

The language was very clear that the caster (throughout duration) will receive additional losses on both offense and defense. Any enemy of the caster will also receive additional losses.

Such is the risk you take for casting Blood Lust. If you choose not to cast it, then the choice is yours.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Needs to get out more
    I kind of like a "Caution! Break Glass in case of emergency!" spell.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'll encourage the devs to keep doing these volatility dynamics in the mechanics. It's not that I'm anymore fond of them than others, but I'd like to see the devs signature on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Can't speak for everyone, but I'll encourage the devs to keep doing these volatility dynamics in the mechanics.
    Bring back freak?

Enthusiast
    Orc and avians have BL? Both will be running crazy hospitals most the time anyways, the +15% self losses aren't even that big of a deal if you have 20%+ hospitals.

Thread Information