Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: undead/warhero build playing help

undead/warhero build playing help

A little help for playing style undead/warhero .building strat in war and out of it...advices pls,army,draft,sciences
    tnx !

War build would look a little something like this:

20% TGs
    10% Raxs
    10% Stables
    7% Guilds
    3% Dungeons
    10% Towers
    10% Banks
    10% WTs
    10% Hospitals

extra 10% can go into either more hospitals, raxs, WTs (considering the amount of halfers this age, I'd advise running high WTs) depending on KD layout and focus.

Draft 72-75%. Your OPA and DPA would be whatever requirements your KD is running. Whether it be 30 DPA and 150+ OPA or 40 DPA and 120+ OPA

Science sucks for UD this age with the penalty. I'd focus on Military, Housing, Tools & Alchemy

You always want to be attacking army-in, army out for both elite conversion and to avoid getting hit with armies home and losing elites

This is just my 2cents, hope it helped!
    Last edited by Moppy; 13-03-2017 at 14:56.

Here's and example of a fairly pumped UD leading into war...

Undead - War Hero - Lord/Noble Lady - 600 Acres @251 NWPA; 100% Wages; 70.1% Draft rate; 65% Max Science <p>
    100% Buildings: 33%Homes; 15%Training Grounds; 10%Forts; 8%Guilds; 7%Towers; 15%Watch Towers; 12%Stables; <p>
    T/M: 3.5 mTPA; 2.9 mWPA; 1.2k thieves; 0.9k wizards <p>
    Military (all numbers mod): 243OPA; 80DPA; 0.97OPNW; 0.319DPNW; 146k Off Points; 48k Def Points <p>
    Military (All elites home): 46OPA; 92DPA; 0.184OPNW; 0.366DPNW; 28k Off Points; 55k Def Points <p>
    Military (All elites out): 243OPA; 80DPA; 0.97OPNW; 0.319DPNW; 146k Off Points; 48k Def Points <p>
    Military Units: 5.3k attacking elites; 6k def specs; 0.8k off specs <p>
    Economic: 8359gc Net Income; 13.9gc Net Income PA; 96.8% BE; 5k Peasants; 8 Peasants PA <p>

Feel free to play around with it at:
    https:// docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SSAEXkWCi92DPtgXmG5sYX2lgveU7fbdXaeTeCI461k

[QUOTE=rob418;15421909]Here's and example of a fairly pumped UD leading into war...

Undead - War Hero - Lord/Noble Lady - 600 Acres @251 NWPA; 100% Wages; 70.1% Draft rate; 65% Max Science <p>
    100% Buildings: 33%Homes; 15%Training Grounds; 10%Forts; 8%Guilds; 7%Towers;

How smart is it to run so many homes as an attacker? I was always under the impression that heavy attackers should stay away from homes, or at max 10%? Is that not the case anymore?

Wouldnt a stronger, more straightforward build be
    20%tg 20%rax 15%banks 10%stables 15%wts 10% guilds 7%towers 3%dungs?

Im new to the game so im not sure

Same with avian cleric. Is it smart to run homes and hospitals? I feel those buildings are better used elsewhere, like tg maybe 7%rax even gs maybe?

So avian have +% birthrates and cleric -% losses. So is it better to double up on those with homes and hospitals, or stack on more offensive power(tg) or sustainability(gs)
    And with leets being able to be trained with credits, it seems like you already have military sustainability without hospitals, no?
    Last edited by Horus85; 21-03-2017 at 11:18.

Here's what no homes would look like:

Undead - War Hero - Lord/Noble Lady - 600 Acres @193 NWPA; 100% Wages; 59% Draft rate; 65% Max Science <p>
    100% Buildings: 15%Banks; 20%Training Grounds; 20%Barracks; 10%Guilds; 7%Towers; 15%Watch Towers; 10%Stables; 3%Dungeons; <br>
    Economic: 20546gc Net Income; 34.2gc Net Income PA; 91.9% BE; 6k Peasants; 10.5 Peasants PA <p>
    T/M: 3.5 mTPA; 1.9 mWPA; 1.2k thieves; 0.6k wizards <br>
    Military (all numbers mod): 150OPA; 60DPA; 0.774OPNW; 0.31DPNW; 90k Off Points; 36.k Def Points <br>
    Military Units: 2.9k attacking elites; 5.4k def specs; 0.4k off specs <p>

As you can see it's much weaker military but stronger economy. Allocating more peasants to military to increase offence starts to hit BE pretty hard.

I don't play undead so not the best person to speak to it, but generally I think you need some homes to maintain BE at higher draft rates.

With your suggested build I don't think prisoners can use horses and with the super efficient offensive units, undead typically need a lower % of stables. 6-7% would have been sufficient.

I've only just gotten back into utopia after a long time so not sure how the homes vs no homes argument has evolved. I would say that 35% is absolute max you'd want to run to have the strongest military at the expense of your economy. I wouldn't run 0% homes either.

High homes will make you extremely vulnerable to overpop, especially with the constant animate dead. If you can convert a good amount of elites and run a lower draft, you will save econ and be more sturdy in war. I'd run GS and Hospitals over homes. In war, run a healthy amount of Ospecs (1k), so you can send 1 gen with the spec army for maximum converts. Converting big in war to increase OPA while having resilient defense will drive your opponents crazy.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjor View Post
    High homes will make you extremely vulnerable to overpop, especially with the constant animate dead. If you can convert a good amount of elites and run a lower draft, you will save econ and be more sturdy in war. I'd run GS and Hospitals over homes. In war, run a healthy amount of Ospecs (1k), so you can send 1 gen with the spec army for maximum converts. Converting big in war to increase OPA while having resilient defense will drive your opponents crazy.
    Dont run homes.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Forum Fanatic
    also running 100% wages isnt recommended either unless your chained and cant pay.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

I've been running 15% banks, 20% rax, 20% TrG, 10% GS, 16% guilds, 10% towers, 7% stables and 2% dungeons. I call it my ghetto sustain build (enemy KD is also ghetto KD, and low on TMs. Been keeping the basic offensive spells up while doing intel runs)

Pump:
    40% homes
    30% banks
    25% guilds
    5% towers
    ^can be adjusted to your needs as well as peasant count, swap in armories when training larger amounts of military

For war swap into something like this (swap homes last and gradually if needed to not go over 115% maximum population):
    17% Training Grounds
    17% Barracks
    17% Guard Stations
    8% Guilds
    7% Towers
    10% Hospitals
    10% WT
    12% Stables
    2% Dungeons
    ^it doesn't matter what you build for war though, with the current top feed mechanics your war will last so long you will end up on 100% barren anyway ^^
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Pump:
    40% homes
    30% banks
    25% guilds
    5% towers
    ^can be adjusted to your needs as well as peasant count, swap in armories when training larger amounts of military
    I don't think und needs 40% homes and 30% banks. It trains only specs so I would go with less homes/banks and more guilds to pump wpa.

Oh, if you got GC to spend go 80% homes and drop in steps after drafting :P
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Oh, if you got GC to spend go 80% homes and drop in steps after drafting :P
    This.....once u get above 1.5 wpa your can just run guilds to "sustain" unless your kd has "plans" that require higher wpa.

RIP all those would-be converts when you get NS'd.

Forts are the most underrated building in the game

I've whored to my whore cap (currently around 4500a due to cfs) in like 10 days using heave tg/forts build with most sci in military and just focusing on power per nw where UDs are excellent. High off strat hitting t/ms and if bit by attackers I can always hit them 1-2 times more then they can hit me cause like everyone else in the game they run totally unbalanced provinces with way too little def specs and no forts. Hosps are also underrated on an undead that hits twice a day and takes stupid random hits from poor players who cant whore for sh*t (99% playing this game) cause hes in a ghetto. As whore build I run-

15% tgs
    15% hosps
    15% rax
    15% forts
    15% banks
    10% guilds
    10% stables
    4% towers
    1% dungeons

for war u just tool in 20% wts and 10% gs on the banks and hospitals.

GS oow is worthless as gb prot is based on land lost, and gs lower land lost but also gb prot. also if u whore right u only take the occasional stupid randoms for which u double them back and take alot more land (and hp). In war they are better as gb prot is reduced

Start with 10 off specs and 10 def specs per acre. wh ud conversion rate on someone on the same nw (exactly 100% of ur size) is 25% roughly which means u convert most off specs to elites in a few days. once u are on like 10 epa 2 opa with full stables, and good honor mods u have better offense then anyone (except for the ones running suicide offense but still can only hit u 1 or tops 2 times since u got forts, while u quad them back).

Hit high honor t/ms. That way u can get to viscount/count while whoring to 4-5k land without doing nw manipulation. If ur in a good kd and can do nw manipulation u can get marq/duke at this stage. That gives u pretty sweet mods for an ud wh. Im 1 hit from count atm but have 2k more to grow so im hoping I'll hit marquise without nw manipulation before I reach my whore cap.

Pump builds are just high homes and like 20% banks since u only train specs. its easy to overpump as undead.

in fort periods and eowcf (or once u reach whore cap) u run 50-60% guilds to get wpa at around 3 raw, more just cost to much military power and then it drops to like 2 at rapid whoring
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Thread Information