Thread: Where did the Humans go?

Where did the Humans go?

This age, Humans make up less than 3% of the server. I've played Utopia for years, and I've never seen such a small presence for a race. The weird part is that on paper, Humans look like they should be one of the stronger attacking races. I saw it as a rival to Avian. What am I missing?

Post Fiend
    Avian is much more adaptable and flexible. Also gets off to a much better start. I am human though, and come mid age we should be highest off race on the server. Income benefit is also not as attractive, as its hard for players to visualise unlike no ambush and elite creds.

RIP to the Humans

Veteran
    The developers and to a lesser extent the elite player base underestimates the "pizzazz" factor of race selection. Human has a solid income bonus and a decent elite. Undead has a crazy elite and a bunch of "cool" bonuses.

Post Demon
    well it won't be a real fantasy world unless humans are only a few compared to other races. I don't think they have that bad buffs and drawbacks really, maybe they are only capable of filling a role that few are looking to fill.

Veteran
    One of the problems with humans is that they are weak OOP. Putting train elites with spec credits back into the game was a bad move. The only other race that can compete with avian OOP is undead. So building your attacker core around humans/orcs will make you a prime target for waving due to having half the offense. Nobody wants to be the kingdom on the island that everyone is going to wave.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    One of the problems with humans is that they are weak OOP. Putting train elites with spec credits back into the game was a bad move. The only other race that can compete with avian OOP is undead. So building your attacker core around humans/orcs will make you a prime target for waving due to having half the offense. Nobody wants to be the kingdom on the island that everyone is going to wave.
    Planning a kd setup of a 12 week game based on the first week would be poor decision making. For the growth guys they can fill that bank role and not worthless as a core in that regard either, but I think dwarf probably fits better there. For the warring tier it's not terrible, but I'd run the core as mystic so I could at least take advantage of their bonus in war. The human/orc leet costs are completely manageable, but if you're trying for most wars or more frequent uptime on war readiness then comparatively avian/undead look more palatable. If your kd has the capacity to run avians, then there's really no need to not run them with the cheaper leets and easier to utilize war bonuses.

i think they are too similar to avian as someone already stated. you can get very similar numbers, but with some arguably more useful warring perks on a bird

In whatever way/role you want to play a human, another race can do it better :-)
    They gave Pandora a box. Prometheus begged her not to open it. She opened it. Every evil to which human flesh is heir came out of it.
    The last thing to come out of the box was HOPE.... It flew away.

Pandora's Box aka PB

Needs to get out more
    In The Virtual Kingdom there are always at least 3 humans. ;-)

No one fight harder than "you think you're better than me?!" guy.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 14-03-2017 at 21:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    well one top kd found them usefull enougth to add 10, a few more kds with a smaller number + a few randoms I guess, maybe that core will benifit the top kd in comparison to others somehow, warring against a human core seems to be a onetime chance for those who ends up even getting it this age.

+30% income is great and is a big deal if you're running low draft and is big enough as a bank. Most of the server are in the war tier, and you'll really shine when it's eowcf and you're pumping gc in the high 6 figures, but when it comes to fighting a war, that +30% is only a slight upperhand. Avians elite credits would count for more then +30% income in wars.

Most notably, human elites are less net worth efficient than last age; and what xcross said, the bird just has much better benefits over all. Wish they had given humans +10% science bonus (lowered income to +20%). Would have made them a more interesting combination especially stacked with sage (37.5% science boost, or 35% if they had made it additive). Increase their -spell success to -25% and it would have been a good trade off, and maybe made it into the big three this age (avian cleric, undead war hero, halfer rogue)

Thread Information