Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove Munkbot "Activate" Button

Post Fiend

Remove Munkbot "Activate" Button

As a past user of munkbot, I'm accustomed to logging in and having everything there. This new thing not so much...

Can we eliminate the need to hit the button, and just have it always on....or is this even possible? With an option in preferences to use it or not, this seems redundant...worsened by the fact that it will randomly turn off in the middle of playing for no obvious reason. It just seems rather awkward.

I fully agree. Tho I'm told its because "you might not want your intel sent at some point" and SoTs are sent upon login.

I see the point when stealing pool/dicing or casting FL in war, but are there any good arguments for wanting to keep your intel from your kd? From a team perspective?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    From a team perspective? No

But some people don't don't want to play as a team and they aren't bound by any rules do so.

Scribe
    "Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game. " could fall under that? but that rule is a bit vague, so idk...

Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    "Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game. " could fall under that? but that rule is a bit vague, so idk...
    Lmao 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    From a team perspective? No

But some people don't don't want to play as a team and they aren't bound by any rules do so.
    That's true.

A checkbox for "Activate munkbot on login" would fix the whole issue.

Better question: Why is there a suggestion for munkbot on the utopia forums?
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Since munk can be integrated to utopia i guess and munk is staff.

Forum Addict
    I will look into making this automatic for those who wish so. My worry is for people around new age forgot to turn off their munkbot, and then end up sending their new locations. But maybe it's a bit excessive of a worry.

nah it's a good worry, and in good form. just don't understand why suggestions for it are here =P
    #Beastblood

It's a valid concern. Could be set to default off when creating prov?

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    I will look into making this automatic for those who wish so. My worry is for people around new age forgot to turn off their munkbot, and then end up sending their new locations. But maybe it's a bit excessive of a worry.
    Isn't it set to default off during the prov creating process?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    nah it's a good worry, and in good form. just don't understand why suggestions for it are here =P
    The issue is how the integration is implemented into the game, not the bot in itself, no? So should be fine here?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    It is a good worry, but it would also be their own problem for not keeping up on it. The inconvenience to a neglectful few is a good trade off for improving the functionality for the many.

As for Palem's argument, that holds no water because those people could easily just disable munkbot.

As for why a munkbot suggestion is here, I'm going to assume you don't play Utopia anymore. Because munkbot is a part of the game now. Also munk is on staff. And find ally, because the functionality in question is about the integration with the native Utopia UI.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    As for Palem's argument, that holds no water because those people could easily just disable munkbot.
    Seems a little silly to opt out of a feature that gives me the intel on my opponents at will and has tons of great features outside of acting as an Intel repository.

Munkbot is not part of the game. I do play, and do not use munkbot. Yes, munkbot is a game tool, and munk is part of "staff", but the two are mutually exclusive. Until munkbot is required to play the game, suggestions for things that do not fall under the scope of in game development, should probably be left off the Utopia forums.
    #Beastblood

Thread Information