Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100% Homes

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by yootohpeega View Post
    Sorry, can you explain what a homes pump is?
    i am not entirely up to date with all the slang terms of this game as i use my phone for now and i dont go into the chats ... but i assume Homes pump is when a player uses high Homes to produce lots of gcs through extra peasants and builds up high Building Efficiency before switching Homes to other buildings for War ...
    Live long and prosper

Quote Originally Posted by The Moon of Earth View Post
    i am not entirely up to date with all the slang terms of this game as i use my phone for now and i dont go into the chats ... but i assume Homes pump is when a player uses high Homes to produce lots of gcs through extra peasants and builds up high Building Efficiency before switching Homes to other buildings for War ...
    I see, thanks. I guess it never quite feels like this is necessary because of the boosts that eowcf gives, but yeah, makes sense. A temporary peasant pop boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    the high pop means faster drafting at a lower draft rate.
    Ahh, that would help a lot. I think I'll start doing this.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by yootohpeega View Post
    I see, thanks. I guess it never quite feels like this is necessary because of the boosts that eowcf gives, but yeah, makes sense. A temporary peasant pop boost.

Ahh, that would help a lot. I think I'll start doing this.
    If you do it right, you'll never turn back.
    You can easily draft to about 5% less than your target (more or less depending on how many homes you use) then when you raze and your peasants die off, you'll find yourself at right about your target draft.

Strategy Moderator
    Banks are better for straight income. The real benefit to homes is to draft fast and high while keeping BE up. The optimal pump method is to stock a log of gc, then put in a lot of homes and E+P draft and then train. Of course, this works best if you don't get robbed and plundered while doing it which is part of why top kingdoms like cf's so much. If the kingdom you are about to war can do a proper pump, and you can't due to lack of other cf's, you'll probably lose.

Post Fiend
    AquaSeaFoam - what do you mean E+P draft?
    Live long and prosper

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon of Earth View Post
    AquaSeaFoam - what do you mean E+P draft?
    Emergency draft + patriotism spell.

It is almost always more economically efficient to stay at no draft rate and high pes for a while, stock some gc, and then switch to emergency draft + pat. This guarantees you hold high pes (and thereofre high income) for as long as you can, which more than offsets the higher draft cost.

High home pump is situationally wonderful. If your population is far higher, you can draft a far larger army than your opponents. However, there is a further level here which says 'how many pes do I have, and thereofre how many jobs should I hold?' You want to try to have all your peasants employed, rather than unemployed, as this produces far more gc. Check your building advisor - if you have lots of unemployed pes, raze homes and add jobs. If you have lots of unfilled jobs, raze 'job buildings' and add homes. Try to match them up.

I am at times on 70% homes. I am at times on 40% banks. It depends on how safe I am, what my timeline looks like, and what my goals are. The majority of your income comes from employed pes, and the other things modify those numbers, so keep an eye on your pes and try to make sure every one of them is useful to you.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    Emergency draft speed and patriotism

Needs to get out more
    Most of us down in the guts of the charts can't homes pump in the fashion a top kingdom can.

Essentially you do as the big guys say; job balancing, razing, yada yada. But it's important to understand that after the raze your army functions on the gold accumulated in prep.

When I ran an orc cleric in Pyro I pulled about 8.3 million in one war prep. After training, razing and rebuilding I sent gold to the less prepared provinces and to our t/ms to protect our dragon gold. I was left with a large sum of gold that would degenerate because, like a chained province, I didn't have enough peasants to generate positive gold. Leadership instruct you if and when to lower your wages.

Our war with Freeakstyle was so long I ended up going positive gold because I was above core containment priority and chosen to grow as a landlust farm. This is the preferred demise of a growth kingdom core attacker, IMHO. It was an economic gift and I held good tax acres for BeastBlood after the loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information