Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Homes

Post Fiend

100% Homes

If a province, lets say Undead as they need no Farms, has 100% Homes what occurs? BE is meaningless and it would recieve +40% Population from the Homes ... ... has this ever been tried? Does it have any worth or advantage? I wouldn't recommend it i don't think im just wondering if anyone has ever tried it ... ofcourse the player would have to forgo magic...
    Live long and prosper

You could go high homes, draft like crazy and then rotate homes into good builds, while keeping the high BE. That would allow you to run a huge army and effective buildings for a short time.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They would have an inflated nw, no magic protection, and would be absolutely obliterated in a chain (assuming you're all drafted up)

Strategy Moderator
    Jobs help a lot for income and it's nice to have income to pay your military unless you have gc stocks you can protect.

As Bishop says, running very high homes during a military pump in preparation for a fight and then converting out the homes for war buildings can be a great tactic and is one that top kingdoms often use prior to wars. This works best if you have some stocked up GC or can safely rob/plunder well.

The homes let you draft up fast and to a high level of military while also keeping your BE high. After you convert the homes out, your BE will fall, but this takes time.

Post Fiend
    I was just wondering about the peasants and the fact they'd all be jobless ... i am not defending it at a suggested setup ... twas just a ponderance ...
    Live long and prosper

Needs to get out more
    Lurking raze monster strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon of Earth View Post
    I was just wondering about the peasants and the fact they'd all be jobless ... i am not defending it at a suggested setup ... twas just a ponderance ...
    Riots, drug abuse and lots of peasant growth?

I've ran 90% homes before. It works, just as bishop described.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Location? Maybe I can help test the theory :-D
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    Just run a sub-core prior to war. These guys will eat most of the ops because they're such easy targets, but the strat should prove resilient and may outlast mana/runes/stealth of your enemy.

Brilliant guy in Villains ran a similar strat. He had the right idea but his kingdom was slightly short on activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

It's probably a bad idea on an Undead since they have to attack to get elites ergo they can't efficiently homes pump.
    There's no reason you couldn't be aided food on another race.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Why couldn't you homes pump with undead? If you're past the whoring plateau, you gonna just draft to 70% and try to complete with 115% pumped provs? ��
    #Beastblood

No respectable whoring KD picked Undead this age for that reason. The whole point being past the whoring cap is that you can't attack for gains anymore which means you can't pump elites anymore.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Your reasoning is simply because they can't train elites. That is beside the point. People didn't pass up undead simply because they couldn't train elites, they picked other races because they were better choices than ud. If ud was the best race, people would have picked them despite not being able to train elites.
    #Beastblood

I'm talking in terms of being able to efficiently homes pump elites, they can't do that. Stop putting words into my mouth, or should I say words into my posts? People haven't picked Undead for various reasons. Respectable whoring KDs haven't picked them for many reasons, one of which I've already mentioned.

Thread Information