Thread: Do Hospitals protect Wizards from Massacres?

Post Fiend

Do Hospitals protect Wizards from Massacres?

Yes? No? (Would the Elf casualty bonus?)
    Live long and prosper

No and no.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

No, but avian's -gains penalty affects it. If you get massacred by avian the dmg would be smaller compared to race without it(und for example).

Scribe
    massacre is affected by gains so orcs have stronger massacres.. it'd make sense that guard stations would reduce wizards lost, but not completely sure on that

Post Fiend
    Nah GS is just for acres ... cheers all
    Live long and prosper

Postaholic
    I'm like 95% sure that Guard Stations reduce any of the extra damage effects of attacks, whether it be land from traditional march, pez/thief/wizzie kills from massacre, gc/food/runes from plunders or (this is the one im not sure of) scientists on abducts.

Kills and gains are different things. In a massacre it says you massacred (example) 9000 peasants thieves and wizards. You killed 1500 enemy troops.
    That 9000 number is effected by GAINS which is affected by the gains formula as well as +gains (orcs, war heros, +hours), -gains (Avians, -hours, anonymity) those things will directly affect the % of peasants/thieves/wizards you kill. In addition Guard Stations % will directly lower those peasants/thieves/wizards gains that you kill.

the "you killed 1500 enemy troops" portion is the kills formula. which is a SEPERATE formula affected by things like Cleric, Elf Bonus, Hospitals, Orc, Bloodlust, pitfalls, bribe generals (im probably missing some)

The key point is that gains and kills are completely different formulas if you do a massacre against a province that only has 100 defense, you can still send like 104 offense and kill thousands of peasants/thieves/wizards, because (just like a land hit) you successfully completed the attack, and gains are a % of their total formula.
    Last edited by jmiedema; 16-03-2017 at 13:35.

Post Fiend
    Ahh well if this be correct then i am confusing GS not effecting Learn with not effecting any but Traditional March ... hmmm
    Live long and prosper

Regular
    I would say university and universities alone are the only thing that protect scientist.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe View Post
    I would say university and universities alone are the only thing that protect scientist.
    and you would be wrong

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    and you would be wrong
    Well that's something I'm glad to be wrong about. Are you confirming gs do also help protect scientist?
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    and you would be wrong
    Think he not so sure too. Otherwise, he will say "you are wrong" instead "you would be wrong"

Sounds more ambiguous. So if it turns out to be that he isn't right, he isn't wrong too...Title of being a strategist is at stake

GS protect everything. Unis protect only scientists at much higher rate.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    Think he not so sure too. Otherwise, he will say "you are wrong" instead "you would be wrong"

Sounds more ambiguous. So if it turns out to be that he isn't right, he isn't wrong too...Title of being a strategist is at stake
    sory not meant to be ambiguous. GS protect science. My kd has tested this both when science was books and when science was scientists.

Post Demon
    I find it harder to believe that gs should protect against massacres as it is not a captured resurce as such but one you try to destroy if it is true however, logic dictates it also protect agains raze and stuff like lightning strike and AW since you are trying to destroy other resurces.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I find it harder to believe that gs should protect against massacres as it is not a captured resurce as such but one you try to destroy if it is true however, logic dictates it also protect agains raze and stuff like lightning strike and AW since you are trying to destroy other resurces.
    Guard Stations 0 0.0% 0.0% lower resource losses when attacked (1.56%)

Thread Information