Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New age changes, and why they should be altered

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    When deep chained I always chose keeping offense over keeping defense. Wasn't that common? Wasn't even really a choice IIRC, release as many thieves into soldiers as needed for the desertion until army came back with land. You didn't really have a choice on releasing offense since it was out on attack. Maybe I'm wrong on this though. Even if you kept a small defense it'd get pummeled by the extra generals sent your way as a chainee. I guess, what you're describing to me just sounds like any old age.
    It is tough to explain and while it may not be that big of a change, it certainly feels different to me at least. Yes, the conventional wisdom is to release defense and maintain offense like any old age, however the ability to hit up feels to be over-rewarded. It just feels different.

Now that Munk is integrated, couldn't it be used to evaluate the effectiveness of these changes. Surely there must be data available for some analytics to be run on to see how the changes have effected the game instead of anecdotally or such a small sample size from individuals?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I was saying the 170 acre province took 56 acres from a 1k acre province in one hit. 170 acre province with over 60k offense even after 3 days of extensive pummeling and due to early age not much help as far as soldier aid to prevent desertion. Not complaining, I think it's kind of fun. It does make wars at least this early in age longer though.
    I used the 170 acres as example because Madchess used acres before. The important factor though I think is the nw, the 170 acre province with almost full leet army has comparably higher nw than that 1k acre province pumping def specs to try to get away. That should not be as big an issue in later wars when provinces are fully trained from start of war.
    A 170 acre prov should not be able to hit for 56 acres in one hit -- if it did, that would be a bug. Can you provide additional information so we can vet this potential bug? Support ID and provname/loc would be helpful.
    Last edited by JeffT; 21-03-2017 at 12:57. Reason: Clarity

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    A 170 acre prov should not be able to hit for 56 acres in one hit -- if it did, that would be a bug. Can you provide additional information so we can vet this potential bug? Support ID and provname/loc would be helpful.
    info sent to you

Our Kingdom experienced a similar stalemate, but the number of avians in both kingdoms seems to be the problem. We have 25% avians, 15% undeads with 50% tms while our opponents had 60% avians and 40% tms. With two active groups, sustainability was paramount. Result was a week of trading acres and a mcf. I blame this on super sustainable avians more than anything.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by davejboehm View Post
    I blame this on super sustainable avians more than anything.
    I think this is more the problem than changes in top/bottom feeding. We just finished a 9 day OOP war and the ability for Avians to sustain and recover quickly from deep chains is very different from past experiences fighting avians. Couple that with 1/4 of the server picked Avian means wars may just be longer this age.

That being said, I agree with others who posted that maybe you just need to rethink your war strategy from prior ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Drys View Post
    That being said, I agree with others who posted that maybe you just need to rethink your war strategy from prior ages.
    It'd be sad if wars just come down to who has more Avians though. Definitely felt like it for us last war, hoping next war is better.

Thread Information