Thread: Countering Avian/Clerics

Countering Avian/Clerics

So it seems like the birds are really strong this age.

Whats gonna stop an active avian cleric that army in/out and cant be ambushed?

Chaining them all the way and making their armies run away

Overpopulation, fireballs, chaining. NS is always an option.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Giant nets. In the sky.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

SAM sites work wonders, I've heard.

Needs to get out more
    Presenting the elf cleric. I invented it:

You're fast and you like pain. You eat it like candy. I've seen a few cases like that in my time. The more they get hurt, the more dangerous they become. But you got to be durable, too. Real durable. Most ain't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

A way is to NS the enemy's solds so avians can't train back their elites. Avian/cleric can retrain more elites than he is losing in his attacks. It's hard to deep chain avian(fast attacks and ambush immunity) so ops are your best approach. GA their most important buildings, fb them, keep ms/chastity on.

Scribe
    burn their watch towers or raze them, wait till army is home and then ns them...bit of a pain with the oops thing but still doable, just have to be persistent and coordinate your actions in a concentrated manner. With any luck they get the oops on their attack instead of you on your ns. If you have enough thieves and stealth and they thought a minute or two between hits you can ns partial army home in hopes they panic and send out partial armies, leaving them short of hitting your well defended ones at least. Do that a few times and their armies will be far enough apart to make it easier in the future.

Later on you could have your TMs quadmassacre when close to land def prior to army returning to stop LL effectiveness. An Avian with decent wpa will be fairly annoying to overpop overwise. Especially if you are unable to control soldier/rune supply.

Choose ~2 of the larger Avians on lower offense and throw a few 1x general massacres their way to make LL'ing them easy for your chained provinces. Keep them on minimal peasants. Let them grow fat while you deal with others. If you can get away with it make this a task for a few of your chained provinces

Avians stack up on peasants quicker and is pretty prone to getting army overpopped when chained because of it later on in war.

I don't agree with NS. You wont get alot of offense because elites are more resilient, and it seems like we could see alot of Avians on ~20% WTs which makes softening them up prior to a wave less attractive.
    Last edited by Minty; 22-03-2017 at 13:37.

Scribe
    Elf rogues!

GA farms, steal food, cast gluttony/drought. Builds can have a hard time catching up to those attack times, so starvation could be a thing or just disrupting their build in general. They dont have stables so hitting training grounds and guilds (bloodlust + fanaticism) takes away their main offensive modifiers. One good greater arson run could drop more offense than a nightstrike run.

Needs to get out more
    One of thevthings folks might not factor in is that undead and avian cleric can share core duties. This is one of the reasons I ran elf cleric and have found it effective.

I'm not saying you can run an elf cleric core but that the correct elements are in place to key foundation strategies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    You have to Chain them and attack them with there amires home. Lots of NS Prop and Arson.

They are by far the superior attacker this age and Halfling is last age Feary

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Giant nets. In the sky.
    I've heard tiny nets are far more deadly

I'm currently running Avian Cleric and starvation was the only way I lost significant leets in first war. Once chained and birth rate pumps peasants, a few razes and camping of food stores is deadly.

Thread Information