Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hybrid Viable?

This is my halfling hybrid A/T for now... only gets better with age, more sci, more elites. Can pump very well too. <p>

Halfling elites are about the same as dapecs in terms of NWPA impact, slightly better. Elites are better for high Dpa/lower DPNW. Ignore the 0% BE below. It's 93%<p>

Halfling - War Hero - Lord/Noble Lady - 957 Acres @225 NWPA; 216k NW; 200% Wages; 67.2% Draft rate; 18% Max Science <p>
    0% Buildings (@0%BE): 35%Homes; 10%Farms; 14%Training Grounds; 11%Forts; 10%Guilds; 8%Towers; 12%Stables; <br>
    Economic: 18972gc Net Income; 19.8gc Net Income PA; 92.9% BE; 10k Peasants; 10 Peasants PA <p>
    T/M: 4.8 mTPA; 1.2 mWPA; 2.4k thieves; 1k wizards <br>
    Military (all numbers mod): 152OPA; 80DPA; 0.675OPNW; 0.355DPNW; 146k Off Points; 76.56k Def Points <br>
    Military Units: 2.5k defensive elites; 6.3k def specs; 10.4k off specs <p>

Military Flexibility | Max Offence <-- Default --> Max Defence <br>
    DPA Range: (65%) 52 DPA <-- 80 DPA --> 80 DPA (100%) <br>
    DPNW Range: (65%) 0.232 DPNW <-- 0.355 DPNW --> 0.355 DPNW (100%) <br>
    OPA Range: (115%) 175 OPA <-- 152 OPA --> 152 OPA (100%) <br>
    OPNW Range: (115%) 0.774 OPNW <-- 0.675 OPNW --> 0.675 DPNW (100%) <br>

Post Demon
    Well not that familiair with hybrids, but I think Humans with extra income could be one pick for hybrids, Halfing, Dwarf and even Avian are also presented with some flexible elements I think.

I'm curious to hear how other people define hybrids thougth personly I think I'm an attacker running good tpa and wpa at most times, but would only call it a hybrid strat if it reflected in build strategy so I'd like to see some of those from the people who knows how to hybrid well.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

I'm curious to hear how other people define hybrids thougth personly I think I'm an attacker running good tpa and wpa at most times, but would only call it a hybrid strat if it reflected in build strategy so I'd like to see some of those from the people who knows how to hybrid well.
    That's not a hybrid. A hybrid is much more complicated and takes a balancing act to run.

ETA;
    From the Guide -
    Hybrid
    As explained above, any player who uses only one discipline (attacking, thievery or spellcasting) is known as a pure member of that discipline. Conversely, any player who uses two or more disciplines is known as a hybrid. Hybrids are normally differentiated by a slash (/) between the two chosen disciplines, and are often referred to ingame by the first letter of each style. For example, an Attacker/Thief is known as an A/T. If the attacker/thief is more geared towards thievery, they would be designated a/T, a strong magic user who also uses thievery on the side would be t/M. The possible variations are:

Attacker/Thief
    As expected, attacker/thieves both hit for land and use their thieves to steal, kidnap or kill enemy resources, peasants and troops (respectively). Halflings and Humans make excellent attacker/thieves, whereas Dwarves make poor ones, and virtually any personality bar Mystic comes recommended. Rogue, once again, is especially useful.

Attacker/Mage
    Using both armies and magic, attacker/mages are often deployed against an enemy's economy as well as their lands. Elves make excellent A/Ms. Mystic isn't a requirement to be a useful A/M, but without it many struggle to build up the necessary number of wizards to be an effective mage and therefore need more time to get ready.

Thief/Mage
    Thief/Mages (T/M) rather obviously utilize both thief operations and spells. They seldom send out troops (often not having any useful offense whatsoever), instead focusing on crippling enemy provinces with spells. Normally this is done through extensive Nightstrikes, Meteor Showers, Fireballs and other assaults from several players onto one enemy province. Once their target has been sufficiently softened up, the attackers move in to take the acres. Halflings and Faeries make strong T/Ms.

Attacker/Thief/Mage
    Seldom seen, the A/T/M is a challenging effort to play all three disciplines at once (most who attempt it fail... most being more than 99%). Due to space and income limitations it's currently extremely difficult to play as an A/T/M, but it can be done. At the players own risk. The writer is nowhere near skilled enough to guess what the "best" choice for this playing style is. If you're new to Utopia, it's highly recommended you don't try to play as this.

Explorer/Bank
    Normally only attempted by top kingdoms, a bank is an extremely large province that from early in the age is made to grow to tremendous size with the aid of the rest of the kingdom. He or she then performs many useful tasks, such as paying for and killing dragons and aiding the growth of the smaller provinces in the kingdom. Humans make excellent banks, as do Dwarves, usefully combined with the Sage or Merchant personalities.
    An explorer is related but different. While banks are a kingdom-wide effort, explorers normally involve one player growing exclusively for his/her own benefit, often to the detriment of their kingdom-mates. Explorers are generally regarded as "useless" as they do not attack, perform ops or cast spells. Explorers are considered selfish and undesirable by most kingdoms. Dwarves are excellent explorers, but any race can do it, as can any personality.
    Last edited by Panthira; 24-03-2017 at 20:45.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Well not that familiair with hybrids, but I think Humans with extra income could be one pick for hybrids, Halfing, Dwarf and even Avian are also presented with some flexible elements I think.

LoL. I'm the guy who war builds like so:

Raze guilds to 15%.
    Build watchtowers to 15% ish

My war build.

Almost never look at enemy kingdom page till declare. Then I figure out what to do.

I'm like "Oh, these guys. They're pretty good and they like to abduct."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    LoL. I'm the guy who war builds like so:
    Rofl, reminds me of a convo I just had with a friend XD I'm completely the same way

"raze guilds and banks, build Wts and GS"

Going into Fort: "Raze Wts and GS, build Guilds and Banks"

Why do you still have TGs, DM? gains are -50% in fort?", Uh that's glass half full to me, Bob; Ghouls are horrible housewives xD

-DM<3

Great responses from everyone, thanks! The definition was also useful, always thought that hybrid meant all 3.

I tried Elf Heretic in Age 69, as a T/M at the beginning and then tried to move to A/t/M, but imo failed horribly at it since I hated getting hit.
    Started Age 68

Thread Information