Thread: Starting build? Old player from 5 years ago restarting.

Starting build? Old player from 5 years ago restarting.

Hi guys.

I have decided to have another bash with Utopia.

I played this game for about 4 years but havent played now for 5 years and I have noticed that quite a lot has changed for example only 24 hours instead of 72 in protection, lots more OPA and DPA etc around these days so I am looking for some tips before I create my province to ensure I dont get off to a bad start in terms of my first 4 or 5 days. Il soon get used to the numbers again :)

Thinking of playing halfer/rogue.

Thanks guys n gals

I'd start as attacker if I were you, use most spec credits on off specs. Depends what the KD you land in looks like though. If they can protect you just double up, then maybe even slap another 400a on.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    I would suggest high % Homes, Mills, Banks and (depending on if your Kingdom is in Fortified Stance or not) Armouries ... i would suggest exploring early and letting GBP and (hopefully for you) high activity on your part to protect your acre growth ... Once you have achieved your desired acreage swap your Mills to Forts for defense or Guilds for wizzy pumping ... the 24 hour protection is a bit of a rush but as long as you explore and train you can get growing quickly ...
    Live long and prosper

There is no need of early Mills. Probably he will be the smallest in the KD so exploring would be 4 solds/acre. Exploring in fort is not needed really. Starting as attacker instead of a full t/m is advised. Best options for attacker this age are und and avian.

Also talk with your monarch. Does he/she has any requirements.

Post Fiend
    Indeed but Mills are good when cost of exploring rises as it surely will and perhaps not all the acres MH1 explores at the start shall be kept safe ... Mills now also cheapen building construction and this helps with swapping builds as province grows ... Exploring increases income as peasants grow and casually exploring small incriments is a viable strategy ... but that all depends on how speedily he wishes to grow ... t/ms have to start their provinces at some point ... turtling is a good skill :-) ... it is good to see the Utopia player base getting some new players ... welcome back MH1...
    Live long and prosper

Veteran
    Just for the sake of helping MH1, I agree with Matija and Bo To - there is no need to run mills OOP. I would add to Bo To's comment on races that IMO hafling is strong too.

Strategy Moderator
    No matter what you play a "pump" build is easy. Homes/banks/arms/guilds+enough farms to not starve and enough towers to cast self spells.

Once u get trained up to the 70-85% draft rate (assuming u had 0 homes) you can switch out of arms, remove some banks and just keep the high homes/guilds untill you think your kd is going to war :D

Yeah pretty much still the same then il be cool.

Have gone Dwarf Cleric in the end with leet attacking army so I can be safe when building, still have good attack power and really durable during wars. Enough thieves as well so that I can switch to running TD OOW to help fund my growth and still have some fun :)

Think it was probably the best option for my first age back to find my feet again. :)

UD just seems so much easier in so many ways :/

Thread Information