Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building Queue

Regular

Building Queue

I feel like there needs to be a way to 'raze' buildings while in queue that can't be abused.

For instance, I derped today during my pump, razed buildings to convert to Armouries. Put 250 buildings into TG instead on accident, so now I wait 8 hours for buildings I don't need then have to raze and rebuild.

Yes, it was my mistake, but I feel like there could be a mechanic, that if you put buildings into the queue, you can switch them around during the same hour you put them into queue (at a cost, or however you want to do it). After the initial utopian hour, the queue will go forward as normal, but that gives you at least some amount of time for putting the wrong building into queue.

Just a thought!

Regular
    I like this suggestion. I'd imagine going into Internal Affairs advisor, scrolling down to the exploration/constructions schedule chart and clicking on an incoming building to cancel it's construction. But no refunds.

it may not be an easy thing to do with the code that utopia is built on. Maybe have an input field beside each building type in the construction schedule with a "Raze" button.

Regular
    More or less that idea.

I'm thinking maybe even simpler. Just on the Raze tab, any buildings put into Queue during that tick would show up available for raze, until tick is over.

Post Fiend
    "I feel like there needs to be a way to 'raze' buildings while in queue that can't be abused."

What abuse is possible? I'm curious.

Regular
    I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like if there is a flaw in anything in this game, it is bound to get exploited.

Post Fiend
    I like the idea, we've all been guilty at some point of building something by accident/mistake and yes it's human error but an option like this will at least give you the chance to fix it.

Razing before the next tick with no refund is probably the way to go, but if you're worried about abuse make it so you can't use credits to raze buildings in progress.

Post Fiend
    Being able to raze in-progress buildings 100% of the time would be nice. I don't see why it's not in the game already other than a "what kinda box/button would work" problem.

I think every EoWCF I've been in I've wanted to raze out in-progress buildings.

Regular
    @Devs!

New Patch! :D

Post Fiend
    I'm sure there's an abuse issue here somewhere, and I'm kind of surprised it hasn't shown up yet.

That said, I'd like to modify the suggestion a bit. Don't allow razing of current "in progress" buildings. That alone helps keep the current mechanics in place and prevents abuse.
    Instead, offer an option to "re-tool" in progress buildings. Maybe for a fee (100g?) you can convert existing in-progress buildings to something else. This would penalize you for being careless and putting in the wrong building (anybody that says they haven't done it is a dirty liar) but offer some reprieve, rather than forcing you to wait out the entire build then raze and rebuild.

In war, it would offer a response-option...if you suddenly start getting chained maybe you switch your in progress buildings to homes. Would this be a problematic for war, or present a strategic opportunity?

Outside of war - specifically EoWCF it would remedy a solution. I don't think anybody is going to cry "abuse" about anything done in EoWCF to get ready....changing buildings that were put into construction just prior to an enemy surrender, and fixing the misclick problems that do nothing but hurt kingdoms as a whole and contribute to forcing them to leave CF into fort, which isn't helpful or fun to anybody.

Needs to get out more
    Possible abuse scenario: if a province stole a rediculous amount of gold, and wanted to get rid of it, they could raze and rebuild in multiplicity to squander the cash.

Obviously this is a narrow field but a lone troll or even a covertly assigned troll could steal gold and internally rid themselves of it in order to minimize detection and prevention.

@ OP: I still think this is a pretty good idea. We just need to think like evil elitists to find the possible mechanical abuses so they can be reduced or totally eliminated.

Edit: The same could be done with soldier training but you have a limit on population space rather than building space. One could release and train elites until the objective amount of gold was spent.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 09-04-2017 at 18:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Right, Im SURE there would be a way to abuse it but I think for a vast majority of the population it would be a very well received addition/update to the current system. We've all done it, lets fix it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    That said, I'd like to modify the suggestion a bit. Don't allow razing of current "in progress" buildings. That alone helps keep the current mechanics in place and prevents abuse.
    Instead, offer an option to "re-tool" in progress buildings. Maybe for a fee (100g?) you can convert existing in-progress buildings to something else. This would penalize you for being careless and putting in the wrong building (anybody that says they haven't done it is a dirty liar) but offer some reprieve, rather than forcing you to wait out the entire build then raze and rebuild.
    I don't agree that the cost should be something trivial like that, it ought to be considerably more expensive than raze&build. Make the raze&rebuild cost on buildings in construction be double or triple the normal rate. That way you can still sort your f***up but you're penalized for screwing up.

In war, it would offer a response-option...if you suddenly start getting chained maybe you switch your in progress buildings to homes. Would this be a problematic for war, or present a strategic opportunity?
    Yes lets make chaining even more impotent that it currently is... no thanks, chaining needs to be strengthened imo, and therefore the cost to rebuild acres in construction should be significant.

Outside of war - specifically EoWCF it would remedy a solution. I don't think anybody is going to cry "abuse" about anything done in EoWCF to get ready....changing buildings that were put into construction just prior to an enemy surrender, and fixing the misclick problems that do nothing but hurt kingdoms as a whole and contribute to forcing them to leave CF into fort, which isn't helpful or fun to anybody.
    Yes aside from the occasional f***up this'd be the biggest reason for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Possible abuse scenario: if a province stole a rediculous amount of gold, and wanted to get rid of it, they could raze and rebuild in multiplicity to squander the cash.

Obviously this is a narrow field but a lone troll or even a covertly assigned troll could steal gold and internally rid themselves of it in order to minimize detection and prevention.

@ OP: I still think this is a pretty good idea. We just need to think like evil elitists to find the possible mechanical abuses so they can be reduced or totally eliminated.

Edit: The same could be done with soldier training but you have a limit on population space rather than building space. One could release and train elites until the objective amount of gold was spent.
    Use Caelum's suggestion for "retooling" buildings in construction and limit it so that each acre can only be retooled once, obviously "retooled" acres should have their progress reset. This would limit the potential abuse you mention
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Regular
    Much of what you've said would be remedied by only allowing reassignments during the hour they were built, like I first suggested. You have X amount of minutes to fix it, no tick occurs, no penalty GC charge, just switch your buildings. I think that's the easiest way to keep it away from abuse, not much can happen without a tick involved.

Post Fiend
    Regulate, it doesn't fix the abuse that Strat pointed out. Gc could still be black-hole'd. Also being able to fix it during the tick you did it is not much of a feature. While I'm sure I've wanted an 'undo' button in utopia, that's not really why I'd like access to my buildings-in-progress...

Regular
    Well there would be no GC used to make the switch, is what i'm proposing, so there would be no way to black hole GC. Just switch the buildings.

Thread Information