Thread: Wizard training

Veteran

Wizard training

Kind of wondering if anyone knows how this works

If you're training 7.7 wizards/tick, does ot round down or up? Obviously you cant have 7/10th's of a wizard. Does the decimal add up until it's a whole wizard, does it round up if its 0.5 or more, or does it round down regardless. I keep trying to track this.
    Long live Mehul!

Strategy Moderator
    No one has tracked exactly this and posted about it. However as rounding up/down on a per tick basis gives quite a different # of wizards i'd assume you actually have a decimal number of wizards that gets rounded down when looking at your total population.

I agree with Persain's assessment

Every guild produce 0.02 wizards. I would assume it rounds down and the decimal number being saved as a variable until next tick to be added with the new amount of wizards that's supposed to be produced. Never checked, just thought it makes most sense.

You are seeing rounded to integer but the game takes the whole number like science(if I remember correct the rounding is always down but I tested that like 10 ages ago and can be wrong):
    7.7 -> 15.4 -> 23.1 -> 30.8 -> 38.5

About spell success I don't think 1 wizz more or less makes any difference at all.

Veteran
    It actually varies per tick. I think that there is a random factor.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    1 or 2 ages ago I was trying to track it for a little while. It seemed like you would train whole number wizards and the remainder would be kept for next tick.

So if you were training 7.7 wizards it would go.
    7 r.7
    15 r.4
    23 r.1
    30 r.8
    38 r.5

I only followed for about 10 hours but it seemed to hold true. But given the small numbers/sample size, it could have been coincidence. In the end, the different ways the non-whole wizards could be accounted for doesn't really make a difference, it should average out.

Thread Information