Thread: Massacres Or TM

Post Fiend

Massacres Or TM

We where thinking of going to war vs an really TM heavy kd. Lets say 16 are either elf Or ha. Hybrid tms WHO Will hit out and be a problem with thieves and magic. IF its only 5-9 tms i like to TRademarch their rogues first overpop and reduce their nw to save our bigger attackers. But vs many i wonder IF a full massacre wave for 2 waves and NM 1 attacker just to get some acres in. 1x massacre and 1-3 hits on a massacre target. How would u do IT?

Can you provide more details about both KDs. How many t/ms, hybrids, attackers on each side. How many of your attackers can break how many rogues.

If you have significantly more attackers focus on massacring the rogues and aw their mystics/heretics. If you have access to NM you will need a lot runes so make some stockpile. Massacre the rogues oow, in war fast and good chain their attackers and then move to the t/ms.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    We where thinking of going to war vs an really TM heavy kd. Lets say 16 are either elf Or ha. Hybrid tms WHO Will hit out and be a problem with thieves and magic. IF its only 5-9 tms i like to TRademarch their rogues first overpop and reduce their nw to save our bigger attackers. But vs many i wonder IF a full massacre wave for 2 waves and NM 1 attacker just to get some acres in. 1x massacre and 1-3 hits on a massacre target. How would u do IT?
    i personally would need FULL intell before deciding if i massacre/ignor/chain. I would however not x1 massacre and then 1-3 trad marches on the massacre target. you are defeating the purpose of massacres when u trad march.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i personally would need FULL intell before deciding if i massacre/ignor/chain. I would however not x1 massacre and then 1-3 trad marches on the massacre target. you are defeating the purpose of massacres when u trad march.
    Yeah, massacres after trads if anything. Not before. Unless you hollow them out with massacres and take the land later one I suppose.

I think he meant 1 mass and 1-3 side hits on attackers for land.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    I think he meant 1 mass and 1-3 side hits on attackers for land.
    I got this too.

I've always toyed with the idea of opening a war with a full massacre round, maybe have 4 mass targets and mass them all x4 or something.

A very general rule would be to chain rogues and mass non-rouges. Rogues can prop army back, and halfers have cheap thieves. So massing is often less usefuil than chaining them. (obviously, though, that is situational).

A hybrid only needs 2-3 massacres on them to knock them out. Combined with bloat, that should do the job.

If warring vs hybrids, also go high WTs - 20% across the board will do a good job of slowing them down, especially if they aren't suiper co-ordinated and aren't doing things like GA/MV CS before running thievery ops.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Enthusiast
    Personally I prefer
    vs mages - mass/AW/prop then ignore them, unless they are part of a chain or low def for off hits (mages work even when overpop)
    vs rogues - trad/razes/tornado/prop and finish them off (thieves dont work when overpop)
    vs hybrid T/M - pick one of the above based on their WPA/TPA numbers
    vs hybrid attackers - treat them like attackers

Do note the following
    The problem about a massacre is you got no incoming.
    The problem about a traditional is that their WPA/TPA goes up the roof.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Thread Information