Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I've been playing this game a long time," said the noobie.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    There's a good chance that undead is the best player in your kingdom (yourself included) and, like XCross suggests, you might want to have some discussions with him without assumptions about you knowing better than him. Maybe he will help you with running the kingdom. If you give serious open minded effort to get him involved and he has no interest in helping, then you might need to ask him to find a new kingdom.

It seems that you acknowledge you're not cut out for monarching, but you also assume that you know best and other (bigger) provinces are nubs. Perhaps those assumptions are what are holding you back from being a good monarch.
    Maybe if it was a solo game but since its not its a team player game and hes basically useless. Hes overinflating their nw, acres, etc, he doesnt partake in the team effort at all. And a bloody undead with 10 dspa? lol, plz. Bigger doesnt necessarly mean best.

Strategy Moderator
    I agree he needs to be convinced to be a team player, but I don't think assuming he's a nub and doesn't know what he's doing is the right approach to that happening. It sounds like he probably was adapting to the situation for what was best for his province and it seems he was somewhat successful at it if he is twice the size of the rest. If you can bring him into the leadership and to be actively involved on helping, then he could be an asset.

That is possible ASF. If its so, he would not be confrontational, and would understand the plight his KD is in. A good player would know losing a Monarch is serious.

There is a good chance he is only an asshat also. My King left after being treated shabby in the forum after 2 very close war loss. Five others left or defected same day. The loudmouth defected soon after, t00t. We went w/o a king for 10 days. Did not need one as we only had 12 ppl playing, and nobody wanted Monarch. Hard to find leaders. We now have 3. One random in. One invited.

We are doing much better now but still have not recovered. You are welcome to join us Woozy
    Last edited by kendy; 22-04-2017 at 19:51.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    Don't let them bring you down. One of the problems with vast veteran communities is the expectation that everyone is aware of traditional mechanics.

This doesn't mean you're mechanics aren't workable. I've in fact seen attackers developed with low wpa/tpa that work on a different dynamic. I'm fairly conventional myself and push wpa with a cause, but must admit when faced with mana/rune exhaustion the enemy build became apparent. They were like some weird regeneration monsters. It's more a usable mechanic involving acre consumption and troop distribution. The basis of that strat was we could bombard them and we could chain a couple, but the overall strat was incredibly hard to contain. Their runaway attackers grew with alarming rapidity and their t/ms could easily MV any fader blankets.

The only thing hurting the strat was the low activity of some of those core provinces. The kingdom was wisely arranged so not all attackers had the ludicrous numbers. Some were balanced and bricked up. Luckily we had a min time limit and highest gains won.

As for the undead guy, he should leave or be ousted. A lot of us out here could be behemoths if we chose, but like korp points out, team thingy. I feel for you in adopting the role of leadership. While I might have the durability for leadership I'm cursed with answering questions with questions as a central personality flaw.

I wish you luck in the thankless unpaid work of Utopian monarchy.

* edit: As memory serves me the strat I saw was initially used by a steward, province name Dalek, of Villians back in the 50s. Their monarch, Montgomery Burns, retired the age after I visited them. The steward took over monarchy as I understand and we faced them when I was with Arktic Fury. Between 6-8 provinces were outfitted with his strat.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 22-04-2017 at 20:59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

2017 is StratOcastle
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    2017 is StratOcastle
    Harsh
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    2017 is StratOcastle
    Damn hippies.

The undead dude is trying to develop wpa ahead of the inevitable acreage to elite conversion curve. So while he might be oversized I think he's expecting a catastrophic farm out and thus intends to be somewhere in the "defend the t/ms size range". I'm not agreeing with his attitude, just that it is sound if you project an efficient all elite army in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    We picked a king, we got munk, we got slack, we won some wars, we lost some wars, we recruited and some defected out.

... this kinda stuff just makes my head spin.
    Yes it is obvous that you are the only problem in the kingdom. Why cause you are illiterate ?! I suggest you write this to your fellow ''noobs'' asap. ''This game is not free but Pay to play. The fun is generated by the amout of money you spend in-game.''

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by rouge_3016 View Post
    Yes it is obvous that you are the only problem in the kingdom. Why cause you are illiterate ?! I suggest you write this to your fellow ''noobs'' asap. ''This game is not free but Pay to play. The fun is generated by the amout of money you spend in-game.''
    How is this related/relevant in any way?

Are you a bot? With scripted SJW troll responses? Diabolical.

I just want to say that I like a big UD pumping wpa to over 2wpa. If he's going to be dropped then maybe putting 2wpa at his current size isn't smart, but why do you want to drop him? He could be awesome, have a lot of potential, and having a big attacker is generally a good thing in wars, they can hit enemy big provinces!
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Postaholic
    Have you asked him what his goals are in re: to helping the team? Since it is a team game. If you start him thinking about the processes involved in the mechanics in war, and as a team, he might rethink his strat. 10dspa is like nails on a chalkboard for me. The guilds would be irritating if he doesnt have econ buildings to afford the elites he does need. There is nothing wrong with pumping wizards, and it's a good thing. My main concern would be it looks like he plans to keep those acres by turtling and thus become a much less effective attacker.

I do understand leadership can be tough - it's frustrating, tiresome. There are so many attitudes and players abilities to deal with and to try to bring a newer kd into a cohesive, workable unit is extremely challenging, especially for a solo leader. Kudos to you for trying, and caring enough to post here asking for advice.

Post Fiend
    The kingdom I represent has been together for 22 ages and we still constantly build the kingdom each age, filling gaps and roles, vacations, etc.

Regular
    cant we all just be newbees with (not too) dumb tactics :) also nicer to say instead of noob hehe.
    Last edited by erm; 02-05-2017 at 20:07.

Scribe
    Depending on his total popspace you can't really say 10 dspa is wrong as long as he has decent offense like 10 epa as well. Kinda like being the outlier on the bottom end of the kd where all you want is offense to be able to hit chains as they come down, being the outlier on the top end is not bad to tend towards a little more defense since their avg. kd acres is 1k his offense per acre is more effective relative to enemies they'd be looking at.

Not gonna tell you how to run your kd, but will tell you what worked for me when building up mine. Don't burn yourself out trying to manage each prov, just roll with the punches and try to make it work with what you have for now and build your relationship/trust with your players. Do war write-ups after each war listing pros and cons of what areas you guys did well and where you need/want to improve which will naturally progress your kd's overall understanding of province optimization. Seek out players that like to talk about strategy and engage with them and other veterans in your kd to build not just a core of players but a core of leaders. My kingdom is now in its 4th age together with a 3/3 record so far and has like 5-6 players that can easily interchange the monarch position at this point and we all run the kingdom together in our private slack channel, which greatly greatly reduces the burnout associated with the monarch position.

I think Pills had the best tips. Also, whoever mentioned wall drop for 2-3 players at a time and kick those who don't make some kind of effort. I remember I made a post a few years back and I think jsmeaze gave me two tips and those were build a rapport with the players and build activity. Set modest goals like total wars you want to be involved on or kingdom nw end of age. Every war try to work on improving 1 or two things like funding and not sending dragon or lining up for a wave. Get a council and appoint a decent steward. I think studying the mechanics of the game and always having an answer will help tremendously. Looking back it is remarkable how simply knowing more than the next guy (or bluffing like you do) can sway your Kd mates to follow orders. If you have munk, slack, irc, what's app, upon, or whatever get them to understand how vital it is to have. Who doesn't like target finders anyways? Be patient. Stick to the basics on race and personality early age and have solid standards and rules. Fortune favors the bold.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Thread Information