Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns About the Change to Sitting

Veteran

Concerns About the Change to Sitting

Hey guys,

So, sitting has now been changed:

"We have also reduced the minimum amount of time before you are able to cancel Province Sitting and regain control of your account from 24 hours to 1 hour. This change will go live shortly."

So, assuming this means that I can set a sitter for a day with the intent being that I need sitting for a specific few hours - maybe my army comes home while I'm in a meeting, or drunk, or w/e. Cool - I totally get the point of that. But does that not now essentially mean that with a few credits being used here and there (given how cheap they are), you can essentially have any prov being sat at any time and online 24/7?

You have a key province in war who you need to pay close attention to to keep it safe - renewing CS between MVs, perhaps, or keeping banks online, or keeping food aid coming in, using stealth and combatting ETs, etc. Well, now I can just set a sitter when I go to sleep, havethat prov kept online all night being attended to, and then cancel sitting when I wake up.

For me, this destroys a large portion of tactical gameplay within wars. When you are facing a big tanky province, effective organisation and targetting provinces during potential weak moments (often during sleep) can be, and often is, an absolute game-changer.

I am a wee bit concerned that this is now lost. I am concerned that we are removing a huge (in many cases, the only) avenue for KDs to attack strong provinces during a short window of opportunity. I feel this is moving towards a Pay2Win system, as this provides kingdoms willing to use a ton of credits a large advantage over kds who are not willing to, or cannot, do that.

Or have I got the wrong end of this all?
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Enthusiast
    Everything your saying makes sense but flip side is how many people quit the game due to waking up in the middle of the night. I would say utopia needs more players, then those rare cases that this would remove strategy. Goal should definitely be to bring in more players and this will definitely do this.

Forum Fanatic
    Not really because the casual player isn't getting up in the middle of the night and won't use it to begin with so it won't bother them ,And won't keep them playing either . Every time something gets added that moves us closer to pay to play the reason is always that new players need it when it's just the opposite.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Not really because the casual player isn't getting up in the middle of the night and won't use it to begin with so it won't bother them ,And won't keep them playing either . Every time something gets added that moves us closer to pay to play the reason is always that new players need it when it's just the opposite.
    This.
    If people want someone else to play their account the cost should be access to that account. This just legalized xlogging in the clear form of p2w.

Scribe
    If I am not mistaken max days to sit is still 21? so if the system was changed to where sitting is linked to the province and not the user that would fix abuse for the most part. Until then maybe we should just hope people won't abuse it. Yes, I know some will, and we all know who too. But for the vast majority it's a great change that will make playing a lot easier for example if you planned your return time and then your boss tells you you are working overtime, or if your kingdom is planning a wave exactly when you are in surgery etc
    And maybe the devs can keep a close eye out for those that like to abuse game mechanics ;) cause they know who that is too and hand out penalties more freely.

hell froze over

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    This.
    If people want someone else to play their account the cost should be access to that account. This just legalized xlogging in the clear form of p2w.
    I am so confused. Pills is helping and being nice. I like this positive attitude Steel. Can I continue to call you names like the old days?

I like sitting. PPL get busy. This will help PPL with families, work, etc. Sitting should be free or near free like now. Its much better than silly old vaca.

off topic but... I very much like spells in 3 places. Saves so much time looking at self spells.
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 29-04-2017 at 05:26. Reason: wanna
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

I like to post
    Understand ur concern Josh. Personally however I might consider going back to competitive play just because of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Understand ur concern Josh. Personally however I might consider going back to competitive play just because of this change.
    I agree. This is a game changer.

As we get older waking up in the middle of the night can have adverse effects on not just ourselves. Being able to set a sitter for 8 hours with someone in a different time zone would make the game more playable. Most kingdoms dont even spend more than 21 rl days in war (not counting eowcf). So the possibility is there to not have to wake up during war. That's not pay to win it's pay to be lazy, and that is great. And like everyone else has said in examples of 1 hour commitments in life, not screwing over your kd mates for a doctor's appointment or a meeting, and not getting fired for utopia or divorced.

Keep up the positive changes guys.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    I am so confused. Pills is helping and being nice. I like this positive attitude Steel. Can I continue to call you names like the old days?

I like sitting. PPL get busy. This will help PPL with families, work, etc. Sitting should be free or near free like now. Its much better than silly old vaca.

off topic but... I very much like spells in 3 places. Saves so much time looking at self spells.
    I have no idea who you are.

Bad implement at some point you should reward those that are more commited to the game.

Veteran
    If it pays to keep the game running, it's great! The pay 2 win is only 24/7 access to a prov, but kds that (think they) need this already have it one way or another, lower tier kds won't bother with it.
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 29-04-2017 at 13:43.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    This just legalized xlogging in the clear form of p2w.
    Mostly this imo. I'm not against sitting in general, but in it's current implementation, it's a necessary feature that costs money, which in a game that prides itself on not being p2w, isn't acceptable.

Imo, provinces should receive a small amount of free sitting time per age (maybe 72 hours or something) and if you want more beyond that it costs credits.

This is a nice reward for those that are still committed to playing this game.

This isn't p2w. Having someone sit your province doesnt give you any added benefits to in game. It gives you benefits out of game which is the point. pay 2 lazy, big fan!
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post

This isn't p2w. Having someone sit your province doesnt give you any added benefits to in game. It gives you benefits out of game which is the point. pay 2 lazy, big fan!
    How can you be commited to the game if you need to have people attack for you? This is a feauture that would benefit the lazy none commited people. Like me if my kd would be warring.

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post

What kind nonsense is that? Of course it gives you benefits in game.

Thread Information