Thread: Faery Heretic help/discussion

Faery Heretic help/discussion

Hello,

I'm a returning player (haven't played for several years).
    I just created a new Faery Heretic in a (it seems) warring kingdom. Most likely I'll go T/M.

My questions are:
    - what kind of WPA/TPA should I look to get in order to be effective in war?
    - what kind of spells/thievery is the most powerful in war? Back when i played the tactics were one of the following: NS 1 guy + MS on all enemy provs or Fireball+Kidnappings+Draught+Steal food on one guy. Sometimes Tornadoes would be used for underpopping one prov. Is this kind of strategy still used nowadays?
    - what kind of build strat should I aim for? Do I need TDs as an heretic (no thieves loss)?
    - what kind of DPA should I get to be relatively safe?
    - Should I invest in offensive armies or just stack defense?

Thanks in advance to anyone that has any ideas on the topic

Regular
    Just be a good sport and help the chain with your beastmasters, so your dpa is a bit lower.

So Heretic is a nice personality for the basic spells like fireball and tornadoes with the extra damage. Fireball is easier.

So just get 5 tpa raw or something and 4 wpa raw or so. And some beastmasters.

Oh and yeah Thief Dens are helpful to boost tpa, and thiefs can be lost in successful operations so...
    Last edited by erm; 18-04-2017 at 13:34.

Strategy Moderator
    i agree on the 4-6 raw tpa 4-5+ raw wpa

TD boost your tpa to make ops more successfull too...u'll run TD if u are offensive, watchtowers if you are going against a rogue heavy kd.

You should be aiming for 3-5 peasents per acre after fully trained if u have 0 homes. Typically the best way to get there is to run 30-40% homes and train "deep" then pre war switch homes into forts or TD/wt and you go from 6-8 peasents per acre right on down to 3-5.

Ater tpa/wpa train as many leets as u can. You can hit with leets into low/nearly 0 def people to grow yourself in war once you are "safe"(as safe as your kd deems u need to be).

Your core ops are blizzard,fireballs, nightmare,NS,riots+ToG if u build decent econ.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i agree on the 4-6 raw tpa 4-5+ raw wpa

TD boost your tpa to make ops more successfull too...u'll run TD if u are offensive, watchtowers if you are going against a rogue heavy kd.

You should be aiming for 3-5 peasents per acre after fully trained if u have 0 homes. Typically the best way to get there is to run 30-40% homes and train "deep" then pre war switch homes into forts or TD/wt and you go from 6-8 peasents per acre right on down to 3-5.

Ater tpa/wpa train as many leets as u can. You can hit with leets into low/nearly 0 def people to grow yourself in war once you are "safe"(as safe as your kd deems u need to be).

Your core ops are blizzard,fireballs, nightmare,NS,riots+ToG if u build decent econ.
    Only thing I don't agree on is using TOG. Played FA/Heretic this age...spell is totally nerfed even with good eco. Not worth the waste of runes ESPECIALLY during wartime
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Regular
    3 peasants per acre wow.

I thought for a moment heretic has +25% damage together with faery. No if that's the only thing you want then Mystic should be better. But losing no thiefs is nice of course.

Thread Information