Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are getting waved by a bigger kd with abducts

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Because you feel, wrongly, that I was putting words into your mouth, you then feel compelled to know what my position must be (e.g. some evil bully from a whoring kd?). That's an interesting take on things.

Just stop reinforcing the old stereotype that doing diplo is a bad thing, it's an essential part of the game. Also why did you suggest to immediately start razing when there may be more effective ways for immediate retaliation?
    Again you put words in my mouth; I previously said, best way to do real diplomacy is with a bat; whereas my objection was to diplomacy that is done in a manner of "lets roll over".
    #magi

Because you feel, wrongly, that I was putting words into your mouth, you then feel compelled to know what my position must be (e.g. some evil bully from a whoring kd?). That's an interesting take on things.

Just stop reinforcing the old stereotype that doing diplo is a bad thing, it's an essential part of the game. Also why did you suggest to immediately start razing when there may be more effective ways for immediate retaliation?
    Again you put words in my mouth, where did I suggest they immediately start razing. I said to do that if the kingdom was so much larger they could not hit back currently. Then in that case, yes, just wait for them to go to war and raze... a kingdom that much bigger _never_ has a legit reason to bully a kingdom that much smaller and expect nice treatment back.

Edit: I see I may of misunderstood you. I suggested razing them because the kingdom is supposedly much larger than they are. I consider razing + ambush the generally superior tactic against large bullies.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 19-04-2017 at 15:00.
    #magi

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I consider razing + ambush the generally superior tactic against large bullies.
    Does razing destroy honor? Not all bullies are large, honor kds have been known to bully quite a lot as well. In that case anon might be a better choice unless raze actually does lower their honor.

Does razing destroy honor? Not all bullies are large, honor kds have been known to bully quite a lot as well. In that case anon might be a better choice unless raze actually does lower their honor.
    Different situations require different methods. I gave my "go to plan" obv there is not a "one size fits every situation solution". I'm not going to get involved in detailed "what if" situations with you. You seem to have left out that I put in there the generally in my sentence.
    #magi

Thank you guys for all the advice. It's given us a different perspective on how we do things
    Started Age 68

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    MS and AW are good tools to get a cf. Also is conquesting a t/m. You don't want to trad him because GPB will kick in, just conquest one particular t/m with 50% of his def 10-15 times(you will lose a lot offence tho).

But don't send it ask for it.

Making few waves without cf-ing is their mistake.
    And why would conquesting a TM be better than bouncing?

Regular
    Be spiteful and dedicate your entire existence into thieving them and razing them until end of age. :P

No need too be spiteful... just need to make sure that getting resources from you is undesirable; because, if you fail to do that, everyone and their dog will come for some.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    We all understand sage now, lol.

You almost always, because you never say never, get a small band of sages in kingdom.

I'll tell you again; the first age the science system changed I took undead sage. People will publicly say that Amnesia is ineffective, but my experience was quite different. It was like they suddenly realized what they were doing and stopped.
    And I didn't even kick yet. Because they burned the meter into the abyss and I hadn't even countered.

It's a curious thing seeing a big bully standing alone,,, way above their means to exchange and you haven't hit them.

There are a few things in this game akin to pushing a man into a fire ant mound. - 'nibbled to death' is a horrifying prospect and should be considered for small kingdom arsenals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information