Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are getting waved by a bigger kd with abducts

We are getting waved by a bigger kd with abducts

Hi,
    We are getting waved by a bigger kd with abducts continuously over several days. We aren't used to diplomacy, and our current policy is just waiting it out. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by LochNess; 18-04-2017 at 14:23. Reason: Edited out locations
    Started Age 68

Not sure if this goes here or in strategy
    Started Age 68

Scribe
    just waiting it out is almost always a bad idea. send them an in game mail and start diplomacy.
    ask them to stop or what it would take to make them stop. they may actually prefer to have a cf with you over "beating a dead horse"

I like to post
    Short-term solution would be to build universities so they don't get much on abducts. You can also tag "hostile" or "war agreed" and throw a fuzz if they still hit in.

A long-term solution would be to raze into their future wars, and establish a name that is well-known for doing so. Partner up with other larger KDs who can hit them down before you declare. Make gc-deals with top-KDs that allow you to grow quickly and train up then declare and beat them, then after beating them demand 3-4 free abduct waves.

There are many solutions, the only obstacles are: Time, strategy, ethics. Some KDs have both time and strategy, but are held back by ethics. Others have no ethics and a lot of time but lack strategy. The best KDs have a lot of time, are good at strategy, lack any sense of ethics yet are able to sell their actions AS F they are ethical. These KDs generally are most successful.

MSG them for a CF, if they aren't willing give them 25/25 provinces on MS and msg them again. No larger KD benefits from hitting a KD such as yours repeatedly unless you roll over.

Most KDs are quite happy with quickly taking that free abduct-wave for a CF just to avoid getting MS and losing a bunch of troops unnecessarily. I'm fairly sure my KD has waved yours in a similar manner already in fact....
    Last edited by Minty; 18-04-2017 at 10:10.

Know your enemy.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Veteran
    How much bigger is bigger? You might be able to just take em to war. If you can suprise declare them and chain 2-3 of their provinces without land incoming on declaration, the advantages that come with being bigger are gone pretty fast. Whatever you do, try to make it as hard as possible for bully kingdoms to mess with you. If nothing else, at least op them hard. It also nets you some honor for the trouble they caused you, making your t/m's stronger for the next real war you're fighting.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    If I'm reading your news right, they're not too much bigger (not top 20, but probably too big to war w/o strategy). Probably hoping you retal and accidentally give the button. You guys could considering ducking into fort - if you want to fight them, you could pump and declare when they don't expect it.

Alternatively, you could go the diplo route as others suggested. I notice you haven't proposed a CF yet. Maybe have your king PM theirs and negotiate a CF. If I were them I wouldn't leave an open hostile behind me so I would either want to clear relations with a CF or just keep hitting because we can't move on and wave someone else.

Just ignore all the people telling you to "roll over" and do diplomacy... best way to do real diplomacy is with a bat; retaliation... just start razing them.

Also make sure to put in buildings that protect you against abducts. If they are literally so much bigger than you, that you are unable to break any of them, then wait until they go to war and then raze them.

Note: some times you get messed with by a kingdom that has no plans to go to war, is not a waring kingdom, they are a growth kingdom, or worse a pseudo growth kingdom with no real goals, if that is the case here, I'm not sure what to advise off hand.
    #magi

Thanks everyone, I'll refer our king to this post and ask our guys what to do.
    Last edited by LochNess; 18-04-2017 at 14:26.
    Started Age 68

MS and AW are good tools to get a cf. Also is conquesting a t/m. You don't want to trad him because GPB will kick in, just conquest one particular t/m with 50% of his def 10-15 times(you will lose a lot offence tho).

But don't send it ask for it.

Making few waves without cf-ing is their mistake.
    Last edited by Bo To; 18-04-2017 at 15:49.

Do not worry about how much damage you take,,,, be focused only on how much trouble / damage you can cause. Do not be afraid to make them go all out and hate you, in fact do whatever you can to make them really hate you, do not give them a war unless you can win it, even after they hate you, keep causing issues. Make sure that when the conflict ends, they know you are not fun to bully.
    #magi

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Just ignore all the people telling you to "roll over" and do diplomacy... best way to do real diplomacy is with a bat; retaliation... just start razing them.

Also make sure to put in buildings that protect you against abducts. If they are literally so much bigger than you, that you are unable to break any of them, then wait until they go to war and then raze them.
    Also ignore all people telling you that doing diplomacy is weakness and to start razing into wars at the first provocation.
    Sure you need to retaliate or at least threaten to retaliate if they don't accept your terms e.g. a CF or whatever else.
    A bat is a good tool but it doesn't replace the need to communicate what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Also ignore all people telling you that doing diplomacy is weakness and to start razing into wars at the first provocation.
    Sure you need to retaliate or at least threaten to retaliate if they don't accept your terms e.g. a CF or whatever else.
    A bat is a good tool but it doesn't replace the need to communicate what you want.
    You like putting words into peoples mouth it appears. I'll highlight the important differences. I said If they are literally so much bigger than you are unable to break any of them you said I said start razing into wars at the first provocation

All I can imagine is you think that for some reason there are situations where its okay to take land from a kingdom so much smaller than your self that they can't even break you. I feel compelled to think this must be your position because I said to raze into kingdoms when they go to war if they are so much bigger, you cannot raze them.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 19-04-2017 at 13:44.
    #magi

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    All I can imagine is you think that for some reason there are situations where its okay to take land from a kingdom so much smaller than your self that they can't even break you. I feel compelled to think this must be your position because I said to raze into kingdoms when they go to war if they are so much bigger, you cannot raze them.
    Because you feel, wrongly, that I was putting words into your mouth, you then feel compelled to know what my position must be (e.g. some evil bully from a whoring kd?). That's an interesting take on things.

Just stop reinforcing the old stereotype that doing diplo is a bad thing, it's an essential part of the game. Also why did you suggest to immediately start razing when there may be more effective ways for immediate retaliation?

Thread Information