Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new macro interface

new macro interface

Ability to auto set things like auto changing wages based on if your in EOWCF, WAR, fort, aggressive or normal, auto changes wages by user determined set date, ability to pre arrange science, ability to macro training of thieves and soldiers etc.

Ability to set up a auto build que and set conditions on it being paused based on stance, income, current size, or and date.

Just a few examples of macro functions that would be nice.
    #magi

I disagree.

Forum Fanatic
    The game needs people logging in for hits to attract advertising. Making it to where people don't have to log in is just the opposite of what they need right now

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Ya I think that ANY auto-actions will hurt the game.

1. Activity IS an integral part of the game.
    2. This will just be one step closer to flooding the game with bots.

If you suck at coding, then yeah I agree.

(As for korp, I'm not giving silent consent to whatever he said, I just have him on ignore here)
    #magi

What about a script that casually opens ads in the background where they won't bother anybody?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    I see your point, on the part of being easier, and sometimes I wish we had functions like that, but mainly when I have a rough week or bad mood..

I also think it will hurt the general activity of utopia, Im more into getting more people into playing by improving the guide ALOT, making a WAY better source of communication to kill those pesky third party chat programs, also it would bring the community closer, if we could reach all kd's ingame, in a IRC-ish like chat, where each kd, could have a public and private channel.

Back in the good ol' days there were massive activity in iRC, that was a friggin joy

Quote Originally Posted by PikeBadCompany View Post
    I see your point, on the part of being easier, and sometimes I wish we had functions like that, but mainly when I have a rough week or bad mood..

I also think it will hurt the general activity of utopia, Im more into getting more people into playing by improving the guide ALOT, making a WAY better source of communication to kill those pesky third party chat programs, also it would bring the community closer, if we could reach all kd's ingame, in a IRC-ish like chat, where each kd, could have a public and private channel.

Back in the good ol' days there were massive activity in iRC, that was a friggin joy
    if you code it right there is no reason it should kill activity in game
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Well, how do you mean by coding it right?

Im not saying that it will, Im saying that it might..

If you have to login less to do stuff, why should you login the same or more?
    Unless youre in a super active warring kd?

I'm not going to discuss the finer points on this, because, I surmise that the chances of this suggestion seeing the light of day is small. That said, the game will attract and retain more people via this suggestion, or it is assumed it will, and therefore have more activity via those new people. Moreover, coding this suggestion in the correct manner, will insure there is a sufficient enough activity per user.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 23-04-2017 at 15:21.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I'm not going to discuss the finer points on this, because, I surmise that the chances of this suggestion seeing the light of day is small. That said, the game will attract and retain more people via this suggestion, or it is assumed it will, and therefore have more activity via those new people. Moreover, coding this suggestion in the correct manner, will insure there is a sufficient enough activity per user.
    What an entirely substanceless post.

You were asked a question and you posted spam in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    What an entirely substanceless post.

You were asked a question and you posted spam in response.
    Not as useless as this post (I am posting) and the post you just now made (that I am quoting); and certainly not spam.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Not as useless as this post (I am posting) and the post you just now made (that I am quoting); and certainly not spam.
    Absolutely spam. You were asked a question and failed to respond. All you did was restate the premise of your suggestion again.

My post wasn't spam, as it was calling you on your sidestepping.

Answer the man's question why don't you? Well, how do you mean by coding it right?

Declining to answer does not = what you just claimed it does.
    #magi

i turn off adblock and click ads now and then
    Started Age 68

Thread Information