Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Le Pen Vs. Emmanuel Macron

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marine Le Pen Vs. Emmanuel Macron

Ready. Set. Post!

(I started this because I only have a vague understanding of what is going on in France, and I would like to here other people's opinions)

Do the Trump ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

When crisis looms Fascist rise. That's how Hitler gained power 80 years ago. These muslim murderers killing civilians in France has helped her thrive. Greece and Portugal are dragging the Euro to hell and her biggest promise is to stop using the euro, returning to the Franc. The Brexit caused much of this. If she wins look for worldwide economic depression as the planet can't tolerate 2 Trumps.
    I like the way Marnie stretches out her arms emulating Christ, if I had thought of that I could be POTUS.

There is a web that says a certain alignment of the stars foretells the end of days. Its "written" about in Revelations 12. This web says hell on earth begins Sept 23 2017, so we don't have long to wait.
    Last edited by kendy; 25-04-2017 at 20:41.

I like to post
    Trump is way more idiotic but way less dangerous than le Pen is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Trump is way more idiotic but way less dangerous than le Pen is.
    More idiotic yes, but I'm not sure about less dangerous considering the offices that each of those 2 nutjobs would/are hold(ing).
    The President of France has less catastrophic potential than the President of the US does. Especially considering that Le Pens party holds 2 / 577 in the National Assembly and 2 / 348 in the Senate...
    Le Pen would be completely lame, sh e can speak loudly but the Parliament can slap her down on basically everything she does.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Must be nice having more than 2 parties :(

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Must be nice having more than 2 parties :(
    Yes, but normally I would say that the downside is that extremists and idiots can get a seat in parliament and thus get airtime for their stupidities... but the Trump got elected so...
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    You guys make me laugh. Lol. No one really cares about France, it's not like they can even win a war. Honestly USA saved them twice and should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French people.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    You guys make me laugh. Lol. No one really cares about France, it's not like they can even win a war. Honestly USA saved them twice and should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French people.
    'No-one cares about France' - not a fact. Actually, a nonsense statement. What you mean is 'I, handofthrawn, don't care about France'.
    'It's not like they can even win a war' - not a fact. France has been involved in dozens of peace-keeping operations in Africa over the last decade and a half, all of which they 'won'. French troops defeated the Germans outside Paris in WW1 and prevented them conquering France. The 'Free French' fighters in WW2 also were instrumental in allowing the Allies to land on the beaches, with their intel, sabotage ops, and false news spread through the Germans that caused German forces to mass in the wrong spot for the Allied invasion.
    'The USA saved them twice' - not a fact. The USA, Brits, Aussies, Canadians, Saffas, Indians, Pakistanis...etc combined defeated the Germans in WW2. The Americans were not involved in the Battle of Marne in WW1, when France and the UK defeated the Germans and forced their retreat.
    'The USA should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French' - er, not a fact. A weird, imperial opinion, if anything.
    'The USA gave back the countries after we liberated them. We did not have to do this.' - not a fact (if we're talking about France, which we are). Actually, not even an opinion. Just a weird statement. The US was involved in helping liberate an ally, not conquering a nation. Had the US held France, there would have been a poltiical ****storm, and most likely we would have seen a further war with the Russians (and very possibly the UK, as the UK had a pact with the French) fight the Americans and try to forcibly remove them from France.

A few more things:

a) France has been a resolute ally of the US for a long time. French troops fought alongside Americans in Kuwait. French troops fought alongside Americans in Afghanistan. French troops fought alongside Americans in Iraq. French troops fought alongside Americans in Vietnam, in Libya, in Korea, and currently vs ISIS. To understand the dynamic between France and America as a one-way flow of resources is simply misinformed, and genuinely ignorant.
    b) France has been one of the most important peace-keeping countries in modern years. French peace-keepers have been in CAR, Israel, Palestine, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Kosovo, Libya, and others.
    c) French elections are as important for the French as the US elections are for Americans. Why must you denigrate it to 'no-one cares about France'? That's unbelievably dismissive. The world is bigger than the US, and looking at what is happening in other countries, as well as educating yourself on the basics of foreign politics, policy and society, is crucial for societal progress.

Actually, none of what you said is 'fact'. SOME of what you said is BASED in truth. But 80% of your comment is opinion. You claiming that your opinion is fact does not make it a fact. Further than that, your opinion is based on a pretty clear lack of understanding and misinformation. Instead of just saying 'I'm right-wing, and I'm American, so a) I ONLY support right-wing politics in every country all across the world without actually reading anything or being even slightly contextually-aware, and b) **** everything outside of the US, maybe you would be better served trying to open your mind and at least consider the merits of an opinion that does not match yours.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If France elects Le Pen, they'll be pulling out of the EU, which means the EU will either end, or be pretty insignificant globally.
    (For anyone curious why this is a big deal)

Veteran
    If France elects Le Pen, they'll be pulling out of the EU, which means the EU will either end, or be pretty insignificant globally.
    EU was destined to fail from the beginning. Any sort of agreement that allows people to quit when it's not beneficial to them is destined to fail. Plus add in a bunch of free loading countries and it's a recipe for disaster. Throw in forcing countries to take millions of immigrants and of course it explodes.

I don't think the French President has the power to do that without a vote in parliament, and as she controls something like 0.35% of parliament...

I don't think you're quite understanding the idea of secession. If a state decides that things are so bad and they decide to seceed, they no longer acknowledge the laws of the United States, making a US law against secession a moot point.

The point of the law is to make it very clear that secession will be met with an invasion and a reclaiming of the state (s) and it's people. That however is a separate issue entirely from States being "allowed" to seceed. Of course they can, but the consequences most likely wouldn't be worth it.

Ironically, false.
    Well there also has to be political will to fight a civil war which is anything but certain. And with other nations throwing their support for the defecting side just to interfere things could turn very very nasty very fast. And of course the loyalty of the military cannot 100% be relied upon in such a situation, it would be a disaster to morale to have to fight your former comrades in arms.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 05-05-2017 at 23:30.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I don't think the French President has the power to do that without a vote in parliament, and as she controls something like 0.35% of parliament...
    I know basically nothing about how any government outside of the US works (though I assume they're not radically different, at least parliamentary systems). But that being said my understanding of why this is concerning for most of Europe is the very real possibility that a La Pen victory would mean a very serious threat of France leaving the EU, which would be catastrophic (for the EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    No, thats not true, or do you actually have factual evidence that points towards that France has never won a war? Remember that France is much older than USA so you have to think very hard.
    No he doesn't have any such evidence unless he fabricates them like Trump fabricates "truths" because France throughout it's 1200 years or so of history has won multiple wars. Just take a look at Napoleon I who won several wars to the point where the whole of Europe basically had to unite against him.

I know basically nothing about how any government outside of the US works (though I assume they're not radically different, at least parliamentary systems). But that being said my understanding of why this is concerning for most of Europe is the very real possibility that a La Pen victory would mean a very serious threat of France leaving the EU, which would be catastrophic (for the EU)
    No doubt Le Pen could cause a whole lot of mischief, much like Trump is That on and of self would spell a bunch of problems for EU, especially given Brexit negotiations. But I'm fairly sure that just like Trump can't end NATO or cancel international treaties without the support of congress etc Le Pen would face similar hurdles. From my googling it seems that the office of the French President holds a lot less power than the US one and most of the faily power the French President has stems from the fact that the President appoints the prime minister and thus the cabinet, but parliament can declare a vote of no confidence and depose the cabinet if they don't like it, and the President can then depose the National Assembly, but only once per year. So Le Pen winning power would likely mean a whole lot of unrest and political instability until she's somehow deposed, so it'd be chaos but I do think it'd take more to bring France out of the EU.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So you think America is a disaster that's bound to explode. And here I thought you dubbed yourself a patriot.

#sad

Thread Information