Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
You guys make me laugh. Lol. No one really cares about France, it's not like they can even win a war. Honestly USA saved them twice and should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French people.
'No-one cares about France' - not a fact. Actually, a nonsense statement. What you mean is 'I, handofthrawn, don't care about France'.
'It's not like they can even win a war' - not a fact. France has been involved in dozens of peace-keeping operations in Africa over the last decade and a half, all of which they 'won'. French troops defeated the Germans outside Paris in WW1 and prevented them conquering France. The 'Free French' fighters in WW2 also were instrumental in allowing the Allies to land on the beaches, with their intel, sabotage ops, and false news spread through the Germans that caused German forces to mass in the wrong spot for the Allied invasion.
'The USA saved them twice' - not a fact. The USA, Brits, Aussies, Canadians, Saffas, Indians, Pakistanis...etc combined defeated the Germans in WW2. The Americans were not involved in the Battle of Marne in WW1, when France and the UK defeated the Germans and forced their retreat.
'The USA should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French' - er, not a fact. A weird, imperial opinion, if anything.
'The USA gave back the countries after we liberated them. We did not have to do this.' - not a fact (if we're talking about France, which we are). Actually, not even an opinion. Just a weird statement. The US was involved in helping liberate an ally, not conquering a nation. Had the US held France, there would have been a poltiical ****storm, and most likely we would have seen a further war with the Russians (and very possibly the UK, as the UK had a pact with the French) fight the Americans and try to forcibly remove them from France.

A few more things:

a) France has been a resolute ally of the US for a long time. French troops fought alongside Americans in Kuwait. French troops fought alongside Americans in Afghanistan. French troops fought alongside Americans in Iraq. French troops fought alongside Americans in Vietnam, in Libya, in Korea, and currently vs ISIS. To understand the dynamic between France and America as a one-way flow of resources is simply misinformed, and genuinely ignorant.
b) France has been one of the most important peace-keeping countries in modern years. French peace-keepers have been in CAR, Israel, Palestine, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Kosovo, Libya, and others.
c) French elections are as important for the French as the US elections are for Americans. Why must you denigrate it to 'no-one cares about France'? That's unbelievably dismissive. The world is bigger than the US, and looking at what is happening in other countries, as well as educating yourself on the basics of foreign politics, policy and society, is crucial for societal progress.

Actually, none of what you said is 'fact'. SOME of what you said is BASED in truth. But 80% of your comment is opinion. You claiming that your opinion is fact does not make it a fact. Further than that, your opinion is based on a pretty clear lack of understanding and misinformation. Instead of just saying 'I'm right-wing, and I'm American, so a) I ONLY support right-wing politics in every country all across the world without actually reading anything or being even slightly contextually-aware, and b) **** everything outside of the US, maybe you would be better served trying to open your mind and at least consider the merits of an opinion that does not match yours.