Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Le Pen Vs. Emmanuel Macron

Marine Le Pen Vs. Emmanuel Macron

Ready. Set. Post!

(I started this because I only have a vague understanding of what is going on in France, and I would like to here other people's opinions)

Do the Trump ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

When crisis looms Fascist rise. That's how Hitler gained power 80 years ago. These muslim murderers killing civilians in France has helped her thrive. Greece and Portugal are dragging the Euro to hell and her biggest promise is to stop using the euro, returning to the Franc. The Brexit caused much of this. If she wins look for worldwide economic depression as the planet can't tolerate 2 Trumps.
    I like the way Marnie stretches out her arms emulating Christ, if I had thought of that I could be POTUS.

There is a web that says a certain alignment of the stars foretells the end of days. Its "written" about in Revelations 12. This web says hell on earth begins Sept 23 2017, so we don't have long to wait.
    Last edited by kendy; 25-04-2017 at 20:41.

I like to post
    Trump is way more idiotic but way less dangerous than le Pen is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Trump is way more idiotic but way less dangerous than le Pen is.
    More idiotic yes, but I'm not sure about less dangerous considering the offices that each of those 2 nutjobs would/are hold(ing).
    The President of France has less catastrophic potential than the President of the US does. Especially considering that Le Pens party holds 2 / 577 in the National Assembly and 2 / 348 in the Senate...
    Le Pen would be completely lame, sh e can speak loudly but the Parliament can slap her down on basically everything she does.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Must be nice having more than 2 parties :(

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Must be nice having more than 2 parties :(
    Yes, but normally I would say that the downside is that extremists and idiots can get a seat in parliament and thus get airtime for their stupidities... but the Trump got elected so...
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    You guys make me laugh. Lol. No one really cares about France, it's not like they can even win a war. Honestly USA saved them twice and should have just kept France instead of giving it back to the French people.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If France elects Le Pen, they'll be pulling out of the EU, which means the EU will either end, or be pretty insignificant globally.
    (For anyone curious why this is a big deal)

Veteran
    If France elects Le Pen, they'll be pulling out of the EU, which means the EU will either end, or be pretty insignificant globally.
    (For anyone curious why this is a big deal)
    EU was destined to fail from the beginning. Any sort of agreement that allows people to quit when it's not beneficial to them is destined to fail. Plus add in a bunch of free loading countries and it's a recipe for disaster. Throw in forcing countries to take millions of immigrants and of course it explodes.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So you think America is a disaster that's bound to explode. And here I thought you dubbed yourself a patriot.

#sad

Veteran
    Jesus, handofthrawn is so deeply self-involved. Really the classic idea of the cartoon-belligerent American.

France is crucial to Europe's unity, especially after the UK told everyone to piss off. France is one of the largest economies in Europe, is a historical ally of NATO and others, has huge sway across increasingly-radical middle-north Africa, a historically secular political ideology, etc blah more. It is also the crossroads of the Muslim world and western Europe and is currently struggling with an influx of refugees and asylum seekers that the EU needs to figure out how to deal with. It is important in every way. The world is not the US.

Increasing fear = increasing tensions = increasing manipulation of the population = increasing radicalism. Muslims aren't the only group that become radicalised, as brexit and DT's election show us. Macron seems like a good pick - stable, dynamic, and committed to social care - and MlP seems like poison. If you read any of the transcripts from the debate the other day, she basically spent the time insulting Macron without talking about anything of substance. Luckily, France seems to be keen on Macron. Hopefully they stand up to the backwards slide we seem to be watching happen globally.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    So you think America is a disaster that's bound to explode. And here I thought you dubbed yourself a patriot.

#sad
    No State besides Texas is allowed to leave the Union of the USA. Ever heard of the civil war? If a State attempts to leave the Union they will be forced by the military to remain in the USA. ;)

Veteran
    Everything I say is based in facts and I am sorry you guys don't want to hear it. Fact is USA saved Europe twice, Fact USA gave back countries after liberating them. We did not have to do this and could have followed Russia by remaining in countries we liberated as a conquering force. Point is without the USA all of Europe would be speaking German. After ww2 without the USA you would be speaking Russian.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    No State besides Texas is allowed to leave the Union of the USA. Ever heard of the civil war? If a State attempts to leave the Union they will be forced by the military to remain in the USA. ;)
    I don't think you're quite understanding the idea of secession. If a state decides that things are so bad and they decide to seceed, they no longer acknowledge the laws of the United States, making a US law against secession a moot point.

The point of the law is to make it very clear that secession will be met with an invasion and a reclaiming of the state (s) and it's people. That however is a separate issue entirely from States being "allowed" to seceed. Of course they can, but the consequences most likely wouldn't be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Everything I say is based in facts and I am sorry you guys don't want to hear it.
    Ironically, false.

Thread Information