Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marine Le Pen Vs. Emmanuel Macron

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    I would point out though, that I ****en despise you as a bigoted piece of ****.
    Lololol

Ok done laughing, not sure how pointing out Egypt used to be a hot spot for tourism but now is a war torn unsafe environment to visit. Is the future France is headed towards. Alot of tourist have been killed in terrorist attacks over the last few years in France and they are still in a heightened state of alarm right now. How that makes me a bigot but I guess anyone that supports Trump is a bigot right, but that way of thinking makes you a bigot too Right. Now I am confused. Haha
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 10-05-2017 at 02:16.

Still waiting for that list handofthrawn.

Post Fiend
    In Canada, the usual equivalent of 'not voting' is just deliberately spoiling your ballot. The argument being made is much the same as Elldallan's: If we just don't show up, politicians will think we don't care, that we're disengaged. The counter-argument, at least for spoiled ballots, is, "Great, instead you'll be lumped in with the demographic too stupid to properly mark an X in a box."

But even where there is a mechanism for deliberately voting 'none of the above' (and in fact, Canada has such a thing, though it's little known), ultimately it's pointless.

Politicians bank on low turnout figures. It's easier to manipulate the final tally by targeting specific demographics and running a good ground game, when the overall turnout numbers are likely to be low anyways. By *not voting*, whether deliberately or not, what you are actually *doing* is relegating your voice to those who do - and, specifically, the largest group who do. And the message you send to the politicians - the one they will take home, every time - is "Work harder to make the people who *actually* vote happier."

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Lololol

Ok done laughing, not sure how pointing out Egypt used to be a hot spot for tourism but now is a war torn unsafe environment to visit. Is the future France is headed towards. Alot of tourist have been killed in terrorist attacks over the last few years in France and they are still in a heightened state of alarm right now. How that makes me a bigot but I guess anyone that supports Trump is a bigot right, but that way of thinking makes you a bigot too Right. Now I am confused. Haha

You are a bigot because you don't understand that France is not under any greater attack than it ever has been or are capable of understanding that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are happy in a secular society.

I'll say it clearly. We live in the safest modern western times of ever. Even compared to my Irish bomb throwing childhood things are so safe. :P

Your claim that France will become a hot bed is facile.
    Last edited by makeo; 26-05-2017 at 06:06.

You are a bigot because you don't understand that France is not under any greater attack than it ever has been or are capable of understanding that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are happy in a secular society.

I'll say it clearly. We live in the safest modern western times of ever. Even compared to my Irish bomb throwing childhood things are so safe. :P

<3 Makeo
    PEW PEW PEW!

+1.

Thread Information