Thread: - Remove asf from mod -

Postaholic

- Remove asf from mod -

If you need more info to why you can visit the utopia talk forum and the topic where is exposed to playing in a top kingdom and abusing the game to get personal gains, where he kills the fun for many to just get his own hard on.
    He is a low life and not something we in utopia should ever seek to have a part of staff.

Mr ABS aka ASF plz **** off.

Hes doing a fine job, there is no relevancy between forum moderation and in game actions.

For the reasons I stated in the initial thread about his modship, I second Mike's suggestion.

ASF not only comes with more skeletons and baggage than anybody else, he's obviously not interested in setting aside his personal Ingame interests to facilitate his transition into a more formal, assistive role within the community.

At the time he was made mod, I said it was worth a shot due to the fact he's technically qualified and everyone has history. His unwillingness to set aside his interests, thereby **** playing while competing for a crown and assisting his kd/alliance mates makes it impossible for the community to ignore his conflicts of interest, whether they are in the process of being realized as is now the case or, as a result of this incident, suspected of existing / being acted upon in the future.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What does any of that have to do with moderating the strategy forum and offering advice?

If he was bold faced cheating or something, I'd understand a bit more, but you're complaining that he abuses mechanics, when I think you'd be hard pressed to find a good player that doesn't agree that being a good player involves figuring out how to abuse the game mechanics for your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    What does any of that have to do with moderating the strategy forum and offering advice?

If he was bold faced cheating or something, I'd understand a bit more, but you're complaining that he abuses mechanics, when I think you'd be hard pressed to find a good player that doesn't agree that being a good player involves figuring out how to abuse the game mechanics for your advantage.
    Being a good player and being a responsible moderator are not necessarily inclusive of one another.

Especially when the major point is that his goal, officially, is to offer strategy advice and guide the lower tiers. Admirable of him to take such a hands on approach, but I don't think it's very constructive.

Mods should not be the center of controversy Ingame. This isn't you being in a ****y hostile with Bart or whatever, or some ghetto accusing bishop of hacking them because korp and I are mean to them. This is a mod abusing mechanics and baiting ghetto wars to obtain a prov crown.

And in his very first age as moderator, too. It doesn't bode well for what we can expect from him in the future imo, and draws into question the advice he is giving when he is personally vested into succeeding and his success depends on the failure of lessee kds.
    Last edited by Pillz; 27-04-2017 at 17:33.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Mods should not be the center of controversy Ingame
    Why not? Why does being a controversial player inhibit his ability to give advice? If you see him continuously giving people bad advice or something like him advising a ghetto to fight his kingdom and he declares and farms them out or something, then yes, obviously he needs to be removed, but agreeing to help moderate and offer advice isn't the same as agreeing not to play in the top any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Why not? Why does being a controversial player inhibit his ability to give advice? If you see him continuously giving people bad advice or something like him advising a ghetto to fight his kingdom and he declares and farms them out or something, then yes, obviously he needs to be removed, but agreeing to help moderate and offer advice isn't the same as agreeing not to play in the top any more.
    It creates, or offers the potential to create, a hostile forum environment, when a moderator is competing and is bending the rules in order to compete. I believe the lot of you should try to represent the more 'honest' side of things Ingame, rather than waddle in the mud. Bishop for example refused to go all the way in disbanding DD. Because he's got a standard to hold to. And yes, he is admin, so he does not compete.

What sort of example does ASF set as moderator, for noobs, when he's (in 1 agel

- abused sitting
    - abused exploring
    - baited ghettos

At the least he could have withheld from the public his participation in this farce. It'd have been dishonest but it wouldn't damage his standing with the public as a moderator.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    He's not "abusing" exploring any more than the other whoring kingdoms. They know how the mechanics work and the plan around that knowledge.

Baiting ghettos is hardly abuse. Every war kingdom does it.

The sitting abuse isn't really different than other mechanical abuses. The devs confirmed that they were ok with sitting being used in that way so it's not like he was going against the desires of the devs.

As far as a hostile environment, it only becomes that way when another user starts breaking the rules. There's absolutely no need for any hostility when someone asks a question and ASF provides an answer or advice.

The whole point of the strategy mods was basically to provide assurance that people were getting quality answers or advice and nothing you've brought forward has raised any legitimate question on ASF's ability or trustworthyliness to do so.

No.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information