Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowlight: Overpriced and Underpowered

Shadowlight: Overpriced and Underpowered

One of the more expensive spells, and all it does is tell you about the first thievery attempt. A long time ago, it was a duration spell, which made a lot more sense. I bet few people use it these days. Please make it a duration spell.

mmmm. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

it was 3-6 days back in the day
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Regular
    Turn it into something like Mystic Aura. Make the thief op fail automatically and reveal who it is.

cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Packwolf View Post
    One of the more expensive spells, and all it does is tell you about the first thievery attempt. A long time ago, it was a duration spell, which made a lot more sense. I bet few people use it these days. Please make it a duration spell.
    Could make it cheap to use, 500 runes

Post Fiend
    I agree for what it does and becomes very expensive to constantly recast especially during war, also the fact that anyone can burn it by sending 1 thief into your prov!

Make it a short duration spell for the cost! But this really should be in suggestions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    I agree for what it does and becomes very expensive to constantly recast especially during war, also the fact that anyone can burn it by sending 1 thief into your prov!

Make it a short duration spell for the cost! But this really should be in suggestions thread!
    Why burn it? SL doesn't fail next op on you just reveals who has done it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Why burn it? SL doesn't fail next op on you just reveals who has done it.
    That's what I said but maybe I wasn't clear, by burn it I mean if someone in your kd sends 1 thief to your prov it might trigger SL and it's gone!

Why burn it?! It doesn't matter if it stays or not what do you accomplish by removing it except wasting 2% stealth?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Why burn it?! It doesn't matter if it stays or not what do you accomplish by removing it except wasting 2% stealth?
    You're misunderstanding my point, I'm saying if you cast it and someone decides and take a peek at your prov for whatever reason from your kd and it's triggered it's wasted, that's what I meant by burn it! Means you have to recast it, in the mean time while you're offline you could have had thieves from an enemy and be none the wiser especially if you get hit by anon, you have no way of ID'ing the attacker.

i guess it has different uses for different people in different situations. i dont mind it as-is, maybe slightly cheaper just cuz my runes are precious to me but meh

Scribe
    Information is critical, and this gives you guaranteed information on who successfully op'd you (AFAIK from my own frequent use of the spell it only triggers on success, not failed). I'll keep it up out of war, keep tabs on others and hardly, if ever, use it in war.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocke View Post
    Information is critical, and this gives you guaranteed information on who successfully op'd you (AFAIK from my own frequent use of the spell it only triggers on success, not failed). I'll keep it up out of war, keep tabs on others and hardly, if ever, use it in war.
    I agree, but at the cost and the fact it only ID's the first successful thief op on you it's too expensive especially if you get multiple ops on you while you're offline, all subsequent ops are not ID'ed and all you get is; "We have found thieves causing trouble within our lands. Unfortunately, we know not where they came from."

It needs to be revisited and made into a short duration spell for a similar cost, I doubt it very much but no harm in hoping.

Veteran
    The most use I have from it is in EOWCF. I cast and forget, but it will usually give you a good heads up on who is looking to jump you once EOWCF is done. I don't really see a use for it in war so a good portion of the game it seems pointless, but a few spells and thief ops are like that.

EDIT: Actually all theif ops are useful for one thing or another in war so I take that back.

Why would people be using it outside of the top?

Thread Information