Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns About the Change to Sitting

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You know fine well we don't. You can replicate it by playing therefore it doesn't fit the definition of p2w.
    You pay to play 2 provinces how can you do that with just playing?

Especially consider you can legally play two provinces since sitting is just account bound. 21 days, abandon, new player 21 days, rinse repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You pay to play 2 provinces how can you do that with just playing?

Especially consider you can legally play two provinces since sitting is just account bound. 21 days, abandon, new player 21 days, rinse repeat.
    Sitting is only beneficial when a player is not playing. By playing you match that.

We will be changing sitting to be linked to a province next age probably.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Do we have free sitting?
    Not at the moment. But maybe Bishop is hinting that sitting will be made freely available to non paying players as well?
    Or perhaps he consider the f2p option simply having someone log on to your account when you sleep?

I too will love some free legal options to have someone play my account while I sleep please.

Post Fiend
    But in all seriousness this whole discussion for me boils down to:

Is there any legal way to get someone to play my province for me, while I'm away, without paying for sitting?
    The answer is NO.

Therefore by my definition sitting provide a function that is impossible to replicate, ergo its a p2w feature.
    Convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by drkzeraga View Post
    But in all seriousness this whole discussion for me boils down to:

Is there any legal way to get someone to play my province for me, while I'm away, without paying for sitting?
    The answer is NO.

Therefore by my definition sitting provide a function that is impossible to replicate, ergo its a p2w feature.
    Convince me otherwise.
    You don't really get to create new definitions to suit your argument. Regardless, we do we need to convince anyone? Sitting has existed for what, 8 years now? It's not really going anywhere soon.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to post
    TLDR: Yes it is p2w, BUT it is simply necessary to accomodate for irl and a good source of revenue. Would save us all a lot of time if admins/people against it just admit this ^^

If you have problems with it, get teamviewer and run the risk of getting deleted when the devs find out.

You don't really get to create new definitions to suit your argument. Regardless, we do we need to convince anyone? Sitting has existed for what, 8 years now? It's not really going anywhere soon.
    Would you care to source your claim of your definition of p2w is the only acceptable (Im nto trying to be douchey but I am curious cause you seem to be convinced there is one standard definition that everyone uses)

I dont think sitting was a bad idea when for the intended purpose as it was implented. As a option instead of using vac mode but as it progressed further its been "OH i cant be at this time to attack ill set sitter"
    Last edited by Korp; 30-04-2017 at 16:53.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    TLDR: Yes it is p2w, BUT it is simply necessary to accomodate for irl and a good source of revenue. Would save us all a lot of time if admins/people against it just admit this ^^

If you have problems with it, get teamviewer and run the risk of getting deleted when the devs find out.
    Ty that was basically my whole point as well. Its p2w, its not going anywhere and I'm perfectly fine with it.
    Last edited by drkzeraga; 30-04-2017 at 16:59.

Your definition of p2w is wrong. For it to be p2w it must both offer an advantage and the mechanic/item must not be available to a non paying player. Anything that can be obtained by a non paying player by just playing cannot be p2w, by definition.
    I am a paying member. I can have Korp play my account for me.
    I am a non-paying member. I can not have Korp play my account for me.
    Last edited by Bishop; 30-04-2017 at 18:39. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Administrator
    I will clarify a few things:
    1) Pay 2 win would be something more along the lines of, 10 credits for an item that gives you things like: land, troops, thieves, wizards, scientists, gold, food, runes, faster build time, shorter army attack time, bonus to BE, increased income, increased population, etc. Using a sitting credit so that you personally don't need to log in is not providing a resource or something that is not attainable by no other means; you can attain the benefit provided by a sitting credit by just logging in yourself.
    2) When a province uses sitting, it will take a minimum of 1 day from the 21 days that are allotted to that province.
    3) We are looking to change sitting for next age to prevent the abuse of abandoning provinces and inviting a new owner with 21 new days of sitting available.

I saw a post referencing a 'bug that already occurred': the change had not been implemented at that time. The announcement was made that it would go live shortly, not that it was live. However, I can confirm that it is live at this time.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

I like to post
    To respond to your first point:

I agree there are certain degrees, but the fact remains that sitting gives you an advantage over KDs that don't. KDs that don't use it burn out faster, suffer more from starvation/MS (if you have someone to monitor a prov all night to check for possible GA farms or MV MS). I mean, if it really didn't have any advantage, people wouldn't pay for it :P

People pay for things that don't give advantages in terms of playability all the time. Like cosmetic fluff. Essentially here it's pay to be able to share the workload. When you abuse it in ways other than sitting someone who just can't make a wave etc. it's cool but someone abusing it to gain advantage by playing two provinces while one doesn't really have an owner (if that's what happened - haven't been paying too much attention to what was going on myself) leaves a sour taste imo.
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 30-04-2017 at 18:56.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

1) Pay 2 win would be something more along the lines of, 10 credits for an item that gives you things like: land, troops, thieves, wizards, scientists, gold, food, runes, faster build time, shorter army attack time, bonus to BE, increased income, increased population, etc. Using a sitting credit so that you personally don't need to log in is not providing a resource or something that is not attainable by no other means; you can attain the benefit provided by a sitting credit by just logging in yourself.
    You attain the possibility to play two provinces (only for a shorter duration yes) which is only attainable by paying for sitting. How do I play two provinces without paying for credits?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    I will clarify a few things:
    2) When a province uses sitting, it will take a minimum of 1 day from the 21 days that are allotted to that province.
    3) We are looking to change sitting for next age to prevent the abuse of abandoning provinces and inviting a new owner with 21 new days of sitting available.

I saw a post referencing a 'bug that already occurred': the change had not been implemented at that time. The announcement was made that it would go live shortly, not that it was live. However, I can confirm that it is live at this time.
    1. Again it does tho as your paying for someone else to play ,not because your away for vacation ,but just because you got armies coming in at a bad time.Vacation mode or sitting was fine for those times.

2.Atleast thats something

3. You already admit its going to be abused and will be so why implement it now instead of next age with changes so you could eliminate it atleast alittle with filters or blocks to combat the abuse ? why rush this out.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

3. You already admit its going to be abused and will be so why implement it now instead of next age with changes so you could eliminate it atleast alittle with filters or blocks to combat the abuse ? why rush this out.
    That abuse has nothing to do with the change.

Thread Information