Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Guide - Are you kidding

Enthusiast
    Thunder TA nailed it.. there is quite a big difference between third parties and owners, when it comes to what should be release... volunteers or not..
    The idea of involving the community is great, but there is no reason not to set high standards.

Post Fiend
    There's not a huge difference between third parties and owners really... except maybe the third party guys have a donation campaign (just munk maybe I dunno) while the owners live or die by their ad revenue (and premium stuff).

The owners are people too, and when you act like a snot-nosed little kid towards them they might take offense. If they had a team of PR people handling their responses you would get something meaningless and patronizing. Be glad you have real utopians running the game, but be careful how you flame them because utopians can flame back.

#realtalk :P

Enthusiast
    I would 100% expect the official released pages/tools to meet certain standards on the design front..

I would still like to hear from people who find the new design of the WiKi page AWESOME. I am NOT talking about the content, but the design and the stolen pictures thrown in here and there..

Something has been released and there is a thread to comment it. All of the posts are very valid and if you want to argue about how it has been said.. fine by me..

On a side note...
    You bring up a completely different debate here.. about owners being utopia and them being able to flame back..

I think the guide is nice, its a bit rough around the edges if you look the design but meh. Thats not whats important and im sure it will get better later on as well.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    I would 100% expect the official released pages/tools to meet certain standards on the design front..

I would still like to hear from people who find the new design of the WiKi page AWESOME. I am NOT talking about the content, but the design and the stolen pictures thrown in here and there..

Something has been released and there is a thread to comment it. All of the posts are very valid and if you want to argue about how it has been said.. fine by me..

On a side note...
    You bring up a completely different debate here.. about owners being utopia and them being able to flame back..
    Wiki or Guide? 2 totally different things. The guide was never intended to replace the wiki, and the wiki page link has been added now as it was supposed to.

As mad as I am that it was released before completion, I do know the devs had the best of intentions.

And while I don't care what anyone says about me, if you talk trash about the guide team or it's members be prepared to get a ration from me.
    No one was paid, no one got any advantages at all. Nothing was stolen(at least to my knowledge all images, while not originals are free to use).
    It took about 10 days to gather the information and write text and then we were left with 3 days to put it all together in a workable and visually attractive fashion.
    About 13 Utopians got together to make the game better for everyone instead of sitting and complaining.

While they all can take constructive criticism(I know because we criticized each other's work a lot), there is no need or place for useless flaming.

for those that don't understand what constructive criticism is, let me explain it.

"this is bad" not constructive and pretty much useless
    "Could you make navigation easier by adding a next page function" constructive, useful and very much appreciated

I like the new guide. Now that they have the link to the wiki with the formulas the players have derived, it's even better.

My only suggestion is to add some contrast to the lists that are in the guide. It's hard to read the list of spells and what they do because it's hard to see where one spell's description ends and a new spell is listed. Making all the spell names a different font would fix that. Same goes for buildings, races, perso, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    I like the new guide. Now that they have the link to the wiki with the formulas the players have derived, it's even better.

My only suggestion is to add some contrast to the lists that are in the guide. It's hard to read the list of spells and what they do because it's hard to see where one spell's description ends and a new spell is listed. Making all the spell names a different font would fix that. Same goes for buildings, races, perso, etc...
    Thanks for the feedback :) we'll work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Thanks for the feedback :) we'll work on that.
    I see the buildings are all in red font, that's really all the spells and thief ops need too. That'd clear it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Enthusiast
    Goodwitch you are correct regarding "constructive criticism", that could improve..

I decided to change my opinion about this to: I find this awesome.. good work.. keep it up..

Forum Fanatic
    Again tho . There probably would have been nothing posted as most were looking forward to the new guide if it hadn't been rushed to be implemented without being checked . There's no need to rush the new stuff.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    Mate, new guide looks sweet! I like it a lot. Brings back this being a fantasy game, rather than a math game.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Nothing was stolen(at least to my knowledge all images, while not originals are free to use).
    Funny you should mention that, I actually checked the images when I first saw the guide. I was glad to see you guys didn't steal them. Though I think you can find better than some renaissance faire pictures when you've got some more time.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    The light theme needs clicking for every page. I love it though.

The guide is a work in the making. I think it's great they put it out asap, and appreciate all the work, time, and effort that went into it.

Post Fiend
    Keep up the hard work.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    The light theme needs clicking for every page. I love it though.

The guide is a work in the making. I think it's great they put it out asap, and appreciate all the work, time, and effort that went into it.
    Thanks, we'll work on that

i just looked and mine stays light theme...are you incognito?
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 01-05-2017 at 23:44.

Thread Information