Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age ending way early?

Enthusiast

Age ending way early?

Age end in 2 weeks? Am I going crazy or is this like half the normal duration? I feel like we just started.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Age end in 2 weeks? Am I going crazy or is this like half the normal duration? I feel like we just started.
    they said at the beginning that ages would probably be around 12 weeks long

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    they said at the beginning that ages would probably be around 12 weeks long
    This one will be 10. Pretty dissapointing to just get a prov into decent shape and have it end. The staring of the age is always the worst so I'm not excited to do that more frequently.

Forum Addict
    Normal duration is 12 weeks. Recent years have seen ages extend far beyond that due to growing dev apathy. Renewed dev enthusiasm should get things back to the 12 week average timespan; this one is shorter mainly because they're eager to add new features into the game that require restarts. Very pleasing stuff.

Regular
    This one will be 10. Pretty dissapointing to just get a prov into decent shape and have it end. The staring of the age is always the worst so I'm not excited to do that more frequently.
    It's not even 10. It ends at the end of YR9

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Scribe
    We are getting new toys for Christmas(New Age)!

"What? So soon? Can't we wait a little longer?"...said no one ever except a few select Utopians

Director of Age Changes
    Nah, it's okay considering the last ones were pretty long.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    Word!

Scribe
    I'm looking forward to the new age, but mostly I'm just really happy that we're getting lots of advance notice of the expected timeline :)

Scribe
    yes its short, but only 3 weeks shorter and we had dozen of ages being 4-6 weeks too long with a 1 week notice before EoA etc. I personally dont mind a short age for a change.

also goodwitch: thats why we play this game right? people complaining bout stuff you wouldnt expect anyone to complain about ;-)

Enthusiast
    Awesome decision.. Keep up the great work..

Needs to get out more
    StratO-MemO: I'll use this opportunity to remind the victims of bottom feeding that you should start considering your new strat. Because the kingdoms that bottom feed certainly are ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhBw80Y54gg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Hoping this will be a trend. Game is terribly stagnant last month of game play. Shorter ages with higher tempo and more action should be fun, and also a bit more exciting for new players. Could potentially encourage more kingdoms to try new things too. Going for growth and failing 4 weeks in will only mean 4 weeks of fsu time instead of 2 months. Downside is it'll be a strain on leadership in the long run with shorter ages and less slack periods.

I very much appreciate the combination of making the game a bit more slack (new sitting function for instance) while speeding the tempo up by shortening ages. More action packed. Easier to sell to new players. Fine line to balance to not burn players and leaders out though. But definitely a step in a worthwhile direction.

Keep it up.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

cool.

Can you guys please make freeze longer than 32 hrs this time? 3 days or so is needed both to replenish the kd, choose kd setup and decide on a theme
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    cool.

Can you guys please make freeze longer than 32 hrs this time? 3 days or so is needed both to replenish the kd, choose kd setup and decide on a theme
    No.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Thread Information