Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Age ending way early?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Oh, and the next person to refer to the core of players being idiots or retards will feel my wrath to the highest extent. Don't test me.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

I like a 13-14 week age, but I think there was a few things needed to be addressed, and we still got in 6 wars this age, so I am ok with cutting it short. (not that it matters if I wasn't)
    I am looking forward to the changes, and I like how they at least gave us a timetable for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Well, the schedule (if I read it correctly) says there will be 48 hours of Freeze. So let's assume that's what is going to happen.

Proposed changes are scheduled to come out 9 days before Age start, and Final changes are scheduled to come out 4 days before age start. That seems reasonable right?

And end of age announced 17.5 days in advance? Interesting.

Oh, and the next person to refer to the core of players being idiots or retards will feel my wrath to the highest extent. Don't test me.

Iam most likely gonna be mid war and occupied while the changes are being posted. and No its not reasonable if its sub 2days from game ending to game restarting. Maybe iam being selfish, but I kinda want 1 day to not give a f*ck abt utopia before I have to finalize the kd setup and fill the kd again. 3 days or even 2.5 days would be veryvery nice.
    And I didnt say that they were idiots or retards, I just said that most of their kd setups suck
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Maybe you should take a break Binar or delegate some stuff. You seem to take Utopia way too seriously.

Strategy Moderator
    I think there may be a concern that too long of a freeze will result in people getting bored and quitting. I don't know how many players feel this way.

I do know that I always wished I had an extra day or two to prepare for the new age. I also think that a player is more likley to join a new game, or even come back to a game, if they can join for the start of a new age. It's less "attractive" to join a game with the age already started and feel hopelessly behind everyone right from the start. Therefore, I think giving a bit longer time between ages could also be helpful for getting new players to join or come back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Maybe you should take a break Binar or delegate some stuff. You seem to take Utopia way too seriously.
    Well, instead of losing one of the most active players/leaders in this game maybe just give me that half day Iam asking for instead :P
    Also you shouldnt stick your nose into what I should or shouldnt do korp, I got my sh1t under controll
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Well, instead of losing one of the most active players/leaders in this game maybe just give me that half day Iam asking for instead :P
    Also you shouldnt stick your nose into what I should or shouldnt do korp, I got my sh1t under controll
    Yea, seems you got everything under control since you cant even take a break from Utopia 1 day on your own and need people to force you take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Yea, seems you got everything under control since you cant even take a break from Utopia 1 day on your own and need people to force you take a break.
    Cant you just find another forum for another game to spam in Korp? You havent added anything but negativity to this game/forum for years.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Cant you just find another forum for another game to spam in Korp? You havent added anything but negativity to this game/forum for years.
    If you cant handle people replying to your posts then might I suggest you dont post at all? You seem very mentally unstable when you crack this bad from a nice suggestion.

Didnt shai allready say everything thats needed to be said about you and how you suck at life?
    You rly dont wanna start comparing e-penis or RL-stuff with me korp. We both know what you are.

And im replying to the devs and this thread. You just came in and made it personal and trolling as always
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    I think there may be a concern that too long of a freeze will result in people getting bored and quitting. I don't know how many players feel this way.
    The problem is the "care gap". You've got casual players that will legitimately forget to log into the game every now and then and you have players that legitimately dedicate a significant amount of their lives to the game and the only break they get is freeze time that isn't dedicated to figuring out their strategy foe the age.

If you do what the casuals want, the hardcores suffer. If you do what the hardcores want, the casuals suffer. Imo, the best choice is to do what no one wants and eliminate freeze time so that everyone suffers and it's fair.

Also, chill out korp & bin bin

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The problem is the "care gap". You've got casual players that will legitimately forget to log into the game every now and then and you have players that legitimately dedicate a significant amount of their lives to the game and the only break they get is freeze time that isn't dedicated to figuring out their strategy foe the age.

If you do what the casuals want, the hardcores suffer. If you do what the hardcores want, the casuals suffer. Imo, the best choice is to do what no one wants and eliminate freeze time so that everyone suffers and it's fair.

Also, chill out korp & bin bin
    Any of the casual KDs I have played in had issues filling the KD and setting up a strategy in the freeze time even when it was longer. I do agree that it is too short now.

Thread Information