Thread: Gold decay

Scribe

Gold decay

So we have a game which relies on three resources. Gold coins, Runes and food.

Considering that both runes and food show a decay rate, I wondered why gold doesnt do you. I mean your vaults can only hold so much right? At some point it just gets easier to be stolen (by random thieves roaming your own lands).

My suggestion is thus to introduce a gold decay. Numbers are up for tweaking.

1000 gold coins/acre are automatically safeguarded, going over that 10% of that amount over 1k gc/acre gets robbed every hour.

So it would be
    Decay: (Actual gc - acres*1000)*0,1 (with a nice if condition of course to not generate gc instead of decaying it).
    Hourly update: Current gc+GC generated - gold decay

COnsequences: provs of 400 acres can stash 400k gc, provs of 2k acres 2 mil, 10k acres 10 mil. Over that you will loose part of what you have.

(now Top KDs go ahead and flame it cuz it ruins your current pump methods :D)

rune decay and food decay were part of the fantasy aspect of the game.

the best way to lower the top kds pumping strats (which i'm all for destroying current way of pumping) is to kill upper end nw protection (by instituting land based gains with no top of the curve). forcing bigger kds to run higher drafts will have much more of an impact on this than gc decay.

you won't see 5k provs on 30% draft for weeks when 2k provs can break them for max gains! ofc along with this you also have to adjust offensive and defensive values, because 300 opa 50 dpa is stupid. So this change would also affect current war meta of high off low def and see who can hit the most times in 48 hrs (with straegy lying mostly in who to chain and what provs to target with tms).

I find it silly when you go into every war and both kds can quad each other off the bat without any ops or attacks.

But that's getting off topic. I don't think gc should decay. Kill the pumping in other ways. Higher drafts force lower income. Might also get rid of these GC for land deals!
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

"I mean your vaults can only hold so much right?"

That's your solution. Cap stored gold.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Scribe
    that would work as well for me a cap :)

Thread Information