Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump brings the US yet another step towards becoming a Bana

Quote Originally Posted by Chanain View Post
    The truth is that I don't think we can put it *quite* that strongly. There are possible innocent characterizations for Trump's language. In the interview, he talked about what he was thinking about, but not so much 'why'. I could easily make the argument that he was acknowledging that there just wasn't a good time to do it, because of the Russia investigation, but that he rationalized making the call *despite* the Russia investigation because there was nothing to that anyways...

...not that I believe that for a second, but it's perfectly consistent with Trump's language. My point is just that I don't think we have a smoking gun, and there's a lot more work to be done before we can say that he's done. Besides, if he's actually trying to bury the investigation, I'd MUCH rather get him on the crap he's trying to hide, rather than merely the fact of trying to hide it.
    Well lets see here... “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
    What is that if not a smoking gun?
    And lets be clear, not even the White House is trying to denounce that media report of the summary as false, which means that either that is accurate or what's in the summary is even worse...

And personally I think getting Agent Orange on "just" obstruction is a start, it can be done quickly and relatively painlessly. We can the spend the next several years hashing out exactly what the Orange-Tufted Swamp Ogre was trying to hide, but if we wait than it's possible that by the time it's all done he's already sold out everything to Russia and ran off to the Cayman Islands with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    I am not talking about Fox VS MSNBC, but I am talking about what used to be considered unbiased news. Which now push completely far fetched stories with zero evidence and they later retract. Just saying media has went to far and now I would say 40 to 50% of the population will no longer believe anything they will say ever again. That is a scary thought as a whole but the media has went off the deep. My brother has a good tract record when it comes to protecting presidential winners. He said Trump would win hands down and is predicting Trump winning by a larger margin next time. This thing between the media and Trump has gotten personal. Media is out for blood and it's so obvious that anyone can see it. But in doing so they have undermined the credibility of journalism and Media across the USA.
    Exactly what on the media reporting on ****face von Clownstick is farfetched and untrue? Because lets be clear, a whole lot of the media reports seem very farfetched, but after a little while they turn out to be basically true, which of course is important.
    For example the reporting that the Short-Fingered Vulgarian had leaked sensitive classified intelligence to Russia during a private meeting with the Russian foreign minister no less seemed really far-fetched. I mean not even the Angry Pumpkin is that stupid right?... aaaaaand then the White House says, "well actually the President can unclassify intelligence, so he didn't leak any classified intelligence to the Russians." *facepalm*
    Last edited by Elldallan; 28-05-2017 at 08:11.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Well lets see here... “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
    What is that if not a smoking gun?
    And lets be clear, not even the White House is trying to denounce that media report of the summary as false, which means that either that is accurate or what's in the summary is even worse...

And personally I think getting Agent Orange on "just" obstruction is a start, it can be done quickly and relatively painlessly. We can the spend the next several years hashing out exactly what the Orange-Tufted Swamp Ogre was trying to hide, but if we wait than it's possible that by the time it's all done he's already sold out everything to Russia and ran off to the Cayman Islands with the proceeds.

Exactly what on the media reporting on ****face von Clownstick is farfetched and untrue? Because lets be clear, a whole lot of the media reports seem very farfetched, but after a little while they turn out to be basically true, which of course is important.
    For example the reporting that the Short-Fingered Vulgarian had leaked sensitive classified intelligence to Russia during a private meeting with the Russian foreign minister no less seemed really far-fetched. I mean not even the Angry Pumpkin is that stupid right?... aaaaaand then the White House says, "well actually the President can unclassify intelligence, so he didn't leak any classified intelligence to the Russians." *facepalm*
    Stories such as the entire video of Trump and hookers giving him a golden shower. Which proved to be 100% false. Trump having ties to the Russians even though their is zero proof of it. See in the old days Media outlets actually had to have proof before reporting something. Let's go into classified stuff the media reports that story and completely gets it 100% wrong. Their source wasn't even in the room. Lol. The Media knows the President can release any thing he wants also. They just stretched the truth to make Trump look bad. Report the other day of Trumps daughter doing pay to play by one reporter using a article from her own newspaper as proof, even though in the newspaper article it specifically says it wasn't her charity she raised the money for. I could go on but honestly I don't really care that much. Just I haven't met one person who actually dislikes Trumps in person or believes the Media anymore. So in my view that is scary. Anyways you guys on her are some rude ass holes and I will avoid this thread from now on.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Stories such as the entire video of Trump and hookers giving him a golden shower. Which proved to be 100% false.
    This was not proven to be false. Most of the dossier has since been proven to be true. For what it's worth, he wasn't having the hookers per on him. They were peeing on the bed.

Trump having ties to the Russians even though their is zero proof of it.
    There is a ton of proof that Trump has ties with Russia.

See in the old days Media outlets actually had to have proof before reporting something.
    News stories have to follow leads and dig a bit to develop a story. It's not like a newspaper just gets an anonymous tip and then they'll write up a front page headline story for the next day. Those stories get confirmed by multiple sources or those sources send them something to prove their claims.

With the way Trump has proven that he will fire anyone who speaks out against him are you really that surprised that people want to remain anonymous? You're really jumping head first towards of line of thinking that leads to Nixon being innocent and the media making up stories from their anonymous sources.

Let's go into classified stuff the media reports that story and completely gets it 100% wrong.
    They didn't get it 100% wrong and nothing was retracted.

Their source wasn't even in the room. Lol. The Media knows the President can release any thing he wants also. They just stretched the truth to make Trump look bad.
    No. They didn't mislead anyone or stretch any truth. Every news outlet I watched or listened to made it perfectly clear that president can declassify anything he wants. The fact that he declassified some information wasn't the story. The story was that Trump gave up highly classified information to the Russians (shocking) not only in exchange for nothing, but it wasn't even our own intelligence. It makes the entire US intelligence community look unreliable when allies trust us with information and then the president feels free to share that intelligence with whoever because he just feels like doing it. That's how you stop getting trusted with international intelligence.

Report the other day of Trumps daughter doing pay to play by one reporter using a article from her own newspaper as proof, even though in the newspaper article it specifically says it wasn't her charity she raised the money for.
    I'm not familiar with this. Source?

Just I haven't met one person who actually dislikes Trumps in person or believes the Media anymore. So in my view that is scary. Anyways you guys on her are some rude ass holes and I will avoid this thread from now on.
    Where to you live? Who do you talk to? I for one am very proud of the media for doing their jobs. Investigative reporting had been dead for years and I'm much happier to be getting more stories out of Washington and less stories about Ling Ling the panda and just how cute he is.

Scribe
    Even if you ignore the media and outside sources I don't see how anyone cannot see that President Trump is not the right fit for the job.
    The people he hired and appointed are constantly giving statements that either misquote the President or are contrary to the things the President said.
    That means either he is a pretty good business man and hired brilliant people that do their jobs diligently but he lacks the moral fortitude befitting his office. Or he actually is a good guy but hired all kinds of people stabbing his back which makes him a bad leader.

Director of Age Changes
    Or, he's just a filthy liar and a hypocrite with his 'drain the swamp'. Occam's razor.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Forum Addict
    But, if the people want filthy lies and hypocrisy, wouldn't it be a good politician's duty to supply?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    But, if the people want filthy lies and hypocrisy, wouldn't it be a good politician's duty to supply?
    I don't think any people objectively want that, they're all either so jaded/disenfranchised about only ever getting that already so that they don't give a **** anymore. Or they're deluded by the shiny cloth that's pulled over their heads.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Regular
    When 60+% of the population wants the president to not do something and he does it anyway he is no longer a president, he is a dictator.

Veteran
    The one thing you guys all are missing is Trump voters do not believe or care what the media says, what polls say or any other politicians have to say. The man is doing exactly what he promised he would do when elected. That is extremely rare in a politician. Such as this week leaving the Paris climate treaty. Which was a joke, USA gives up everything and has our energy cost triple which is devastating for the poor and businesses. While China and India gives up nothing plus negates any saving of the planet we attempt to do. On top of that we have to pay 100 billion dollars to third world country's so they can build power plants. But we can't even take care of our vets in this country and have a homeless problem. I guarantee Trump wins in 2020. ;)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    The one thing you guys all are missing is Trump voters do not believe or care what the media says, what polls say or any other politicians have to say.
    We're all perfectly aware that Trump voters are detached from reality and refuse to acknowledge any truth of reality beyond their experience.

The man is doing exactly what he promised he would do when elected.
    I wouldn't say "exactly". Trump has by far not lived up to his campaign promises. Though to his credit, we're only months into his administration, even though it feels like it's been decades.

That is extremely rare in a politician.
    It's not.

Which was a joke, USA gives up everything and has our energy cost triple which is devastating for the poor and businesses.
    While I'm not completely sure what you mean by "gives up everything" I'm very sure it's inaccurate as well as your claim that our energy costs have tripled. I welcome sources that back up these claims.

While China and India gives up nothing plus negates any saving of the planet we attempt to do. On top of that we have to pay 100 billion dollars to third world country's so they can build power plants.
    I believe that countries like China and India are held to the same standards, they're simply just given more time to get to the standards that the agreement calls for.

But we can't even take care of our vets in this country and have a homeless problem.
    I'd like to think that a country as vast and wealthy as America is capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

I guarantee Trump wins in 2020. ;)
    I doubt that, but in all fairness I highly doubted his victory in the first place, so we'll see.

Enthusiast
    Guys play nice.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 03-06-2017 at 02:33.

Regular
    The one thing you guys all are missing is Trump voters do not believe or care what the media says, what polls say or any other politicians have to say. The man is doing exactly what he promised he would do when elected. That is extremely rare in a politician. Such as this week leaving the Paris climate treaty. Which was a joke, USA gives up everything and has our energy cost triple which is devastating for the poor and businesses. While China and India gives up nothing plus negates any saving of the planet we attempt to do. On top of that we have to pay 100 billion dollars to third world country's so they can build power plants. But we can't even take care of our vets in this country and have a homeless problem. I guarantee Trump wins in 2020. ;)
    What in the world are you talking about? We don't pay 3rd world countries. Show me where this info is found please? Even republican sites that attacked it under Obama never even mention this fact you came up with.
    No... China is leading in renewable energy. We are going the way of the dinosaur. We became a great nation from innovation, not by rooting ourselves to old technologies. Lead the way to the future. To do otherwise is to doom this nation.
    Hell, even GE is not happy with Trump and this decision.

His job is to do the will of the American people and he failed again to do so. End of story.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? We don't pay 3rd world countries. Show me where this info is found please? Even republican sites that attacked it under Obama never even mention this fact you came up with.
    No... China is leading in renewable energy. We are going the way of the dinosaur. We became a great nation from innovation, not by rooting ourselves to old technologies. Lead the way to the future. To do otherwise is to doom this nation.
    Hell, even GE is not happy with Trump and this decision.

His job is to do the will of the American people and he failed again to do so. End of story.
    It's part of the Paris Treaty that USA would have to give 100 billion dollars to a fund that built electrical plants for 3rd world nations. As for China you have no idea what your talking about. Some of their city's are so polluted they have to wear mask just to leave their homes. In what world do you live? China follows no regulations what's so ever. Why do you think all factories over there? Next your going to tell me India is environmentally friendly. Lol. I can tell you have never left the USA and only watch MSNBC.

It's part of the Paris Treaty that USA would have to give 100 billion dollars to a fund that built electrical plants for 3rd world nations. As for China you have no idea what your talking about. Some of their city's are so polluted they have to wear mask just to leave their homes. In what world do you live? China follows no regulations what's so ever. Why do you think all factories over there? Next your going to tell me India is environmentally friendly. Lol. I can tell you have never left the USA and only watch MSNBC.
    You have no ide what you talking about might I suggest you get familiar with the Paris treaty first then you talk.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You have no ide what you talking about might I suggest you get familiar with the Paris treaty first then you talk.
    I watched the President press conference where he laid out exactly why he withdrew from it. Then the analyst admit that China and India could double there use of coal while we had to give up all of our coal. Negating any good to the environment that we did.

Thread Information