Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump brings the US yet another step towards becoming a Bana

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    OK, this is not really what The New York Times wrote in its editorial (the actual editorial can be found here). But it does closely track what the Times' editorial accuses Trump of doing, and the Times' accusations about a Trump "nexus" with Russia are just about as flimsy.
    This is an actual quite from the article you linked. Even the dude writing the article thinks his argument that the Russians are in bed with the Clintons is dumb.

The point of the article wasn't to show that Clinton was tied to the Russians. It was to make fun of a piece that tied Russians to Trump.

I mean...seriously lol

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Wow, I have heard some dumb theories in my life but this takes the cake.
    Well I have to agree with you there, that's pretty far out.

In fact Hillary Clinton had Russian funding.
    There has been absolutely zero evidence of this ZERO. On the other hand it is not beyond any reasonable doubt that the P*ssygrabber election campaign conspired to collude with the Russian government to influence the election, this is coming from the very mouth of F*ckface von Clownstick Jr. himself, so there is no doubt about it because that's called an 'admission against interest'.
    If there's any evidence that the Clinton Campaign received money, or any "thing of value" from a foreign state or national then that is against the Federal Election Campaign Act and people would go to prison for that, just as F*ckface von Clownstick Jr. is likely to do, because he's publicly admitted to violating that exact act.

Also voting fraud happens and the only party that does it at a 95% to 5% is Democrats vs Republicans.
    The accusation that there is any meaningful amount of voter fraud is just as ludicrous as the post you're replying to, there has been absolutely zero credible evidence provided of any sort of significant voter fraud. On the other hand there has been plenty of evidence of illegal voter intimidation by Republicans and there are several cases making their way through the judicial system.

Gerrymandering is not illegal if done by the books. Regardless doesn't have much to do with presidential races.
    Actually that is complete bull****, Gerrymandering has everything to do with the presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    I'm not arguing the legality of gerrymandering (although heavily partisan gerrymandering can violate the constitution).
    Sadly there's no precedent yet that this is true although there is a case making it's way to the Supreme Court on this topic. Currently gerrymandering is completely legal as long as it's not on the basis of race, religion, etc. But sadly it's perfectly ok to gerrymander on basis of party affiliation.
    Election districts ought to be decided by an unpartisan panel, not by the party that holds power.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 13-07-2017 at 22:48.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Gerrymandering has everything to do with the presidential election.
    Unless you're trying to get at something and I'm missing it, gerrymandering has nothing you do with the presidential election. The issue only exists for the house of representatives. Senators and states electoral points are elected by popular vote.

Not to downplay the general lameness of gerrymandering though lol

Can we tone it down with the insulting nicknames please. It detracts from the discussion.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    I never said Hillary Clinton campaign took money from the Russians. I said Hllary and Bill Clinton received millions of dollars from them. Big difference in a legal sense but in a common sense it's the same damn thing. When is the last time any foreign government just given you millions of dollars for nothing in return? Anyways my point is if anyone related to Trump or his Campaign even talks to a Russian citizen or Russian decent. The media and democrats go crazy. But there own Queen Hillary Clinton takes millions of dollars, talks about a Russian reset, sells them uranium production. They don't even talk about that. Plus your King Bernie wife is under investigation for fraud. Lol Democrats really need to actually stand for something or they will continue to lose elections. I mean Democrat politicians are just a bunch of sell outs and con artest.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 14-07-2017 at 00:17.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    First of all, what's this "They don't talk about it" nonsense? Iirc conservative media tore her to pieces over the uranium deal. The reason it wasn't a major media scandal was because it was being way overblown by conservative media. It's not like Clinton got to walk into her office one day and declare "I'm giving Russia 20% of our uranium mines and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me!" Iirc, something like 7 independent government departments had to approve the deal. Believe it or not every former secretary of state has made international deals because that's literally their job.

Secondly, the reason the media goes crazy when Trump and company talk to Russians is because they interfered in our elections and literally the only person of any consequence that denies that is Donald Trump. About every day that goes by we get more and more proof that the Russians not only wanted Trump to win, but actively worked with them to do it.

Thirdly, my king Bernie? I liked Bernie more than Hilary and Trump. Universal healthcare was his big issue and it's my big issue as well. I have a lot of personal investment in the issue.

Forth, Democrats need to stand for something? For the past decade the only thing republicans have stood for is "librul tears!" Now they're in power and they can't get anything done because they have no idea what they should be doing outside of trying to destroy any lasting impact of Obama, which is hardly governing.

Lastly, lolol @ sell outs and con artists. Trump is the literal definition of a sellout and con artist. He's lied to the American people at every single moment of his political spotlight and the disenfranchised were desperate enough to buy his bull****.
    Last edited by Palem; 14-07-2017 at 01:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Unless you're trying to get at something and I'm missing it, gerrymandering has nothing you do with the presidential election. The issue only exists for the house of representatives. Senators and states electoral points are elected by popular vote.

Not to downplay the general lameness of gerrymandering though lol
    Ah rite, it was my impression that the districting also applied to the Electoral College and thus would impact the presidential election. But that's only true for Maine and Nebraska, my bad.

I never said Hillary Clinton campaign took money from the Russians. I said Hllary and Bill Clinton received millions of dollars from them. Big difference in a legal sense but in a common sense it's the same damn thing. When is the last time any foreign government just given you millions of dollars for nothing in return?
    So what you're saying is that you think that it's problematic that Trump is an international businessman, because he like the Clinton Foundation has received funds from foreign states and foreign nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Secondly, the reason the media goes crazy when Trump and company talk to Russians is because they interfered in our elections and literally the only person of any consequence that denies that is Donald Trump. About every day that goes by we get more and more proof that the Russians not only wanted Trump to win, but actively worked with them to do it.
    You forgot to mention that he's also literally the one person of any consequence in the US who benefited from said interference, which makes his denials all the more suspect.
    And now we literally have an admission of guilt from his son that the Trump campaign attempted to collude with the Russian Government.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 14-07-2017 at 17:46. Reason: typos
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Personally i look to the future as a chook looks to the dawn ... King Trumps new killer robot gives me hope ... its half the height of the Liberty Lady Statue, 13 megatonnes and operates on a mixture of nuclear and solar energy ... King Trump controlling a "Mechwarrior" should instill pride and peace within the citizenry ...
    Live long and prosper

The choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was just like that episode of South Park. You get to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich...
    All politicians are some form of corrupt. And they work more on getting re-elected than doing their job.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't disagree with that general sentiment, but one of those choices was clearly a better decision.

Hopefully the country learned a valuable lesson with this election. You can't just elect someone that's not a politician and expect them not to be a shady, powerhungry, snake.

Everyone knows lawyers are terrible. But if I get into legal trouble, I'm not letting my neighbor Donna represent me because she's such a sweet person. I'm calling the best lawyer I can afford.

I think people were hoping for something different than just another politician. I know I was. I have been disappointed with the primary objective being just undoing what Obama did. I am also disappointed in the withdraw from the Paris agreement.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Ah rite, it was my impression that the districting also applied to the Electoral College and thus would impact the presidential election. But that's only true for Maine and Nebraska, my bad.

So what you're saying is that you think that it's problematic that Trump is an international businessman, because he like the Clinton Foundation has received funds from foreign states and foreign nationals.

You forgot to mention that he's also literally the one person of any consequence in the US who benefited from said interference, which makes his denials all the more suspect.
    And now we literally have an admission of guilt from his son that the Trump campaign attempted to collude with the Russian Government.
    Doing business and being just given money is completely Different. Actually it's illegal not to do business with someone just based on their race. Hillary was just given millions by Russian government officials. Trump never received a penny from the Russians or favors from the Russian government. Hillary Clinton campaign had a Ukranian official on the pay roll to dig up dirt on Trump. Was that not collusion?

Trump was going to win regardless of the emails being leaked. They still have yet to actually prove it was the Russians seeing the DNC refuses to let the FBI have the actual server's. So we have to take the DNC word it was the Russians. As for the Don Jr thing, he did nothing illegal talking to a private citizen to dig up dirt on Hillary Clinton. Come to find out this woman was a anti Trump supporter who was in the country on a special visa given to her by Loretta lynch. So yeah it was obviously a set up, but either way nothing illegal about talking to a private citizen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mpd View Post
    I think people were hoping for something different than just another politician. I know I was. I have been disappointed with the primary objective being just undoing what Obama did. I am also disappointed in the withdraw from the Paris agreement.
    Paris agreement was the dumbest thing Obama did. USA gave up everything and had to give money to other countries. While China, India and others gave up Zero. While we lost factories they would increase there production and more then double there pollution off setting anything we did. Just sending our jobs and pollution over seas does nothing for the environment or jobs in the USA. It was not only the stupidest agreement in the history of the United States next only to the Iran deal. But it was unconstitutional because it was not approved by Congress and never would have held up in the Supreme Court. Paris agreement would have installed laws onto the United States crafted by foreign nations. This is completely un American but illegal. We fought a entire war to get rid of British Rule but Obama and his ideology tried to do a end around Congress but in doing so tried to put under Europe rules again. We are still far superior then most civilized nations. Also climate change isn't even real come to find out. Alot of the science was faked just like global warming science was. Lol

Also Trump has done a ton of things to help business in General. As the number one thing in the USA killing jobs was Regulations and trade agreements. Trump is fixing all of those things as he promised to do. Stock market is at a all time high, manufacturing jobs are exploding in numbers all thanks to deregulation and fixing trade agreements. Next is Taxes and getting rid of Obama care. Two major job killers right their that need to be fixed. Only reason those aren't fixed already is there is alot of corrupt Republicans who do what's best for there bank accounts and not what's best for the country.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 15-07-2017 at 21:48.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Hillary was just given millions by Russian government officials.
    No she wasn't. They donated money to her charity. Unless you have proof that she took that money and used it for her own personal use (which if you do I'm sure there's plenty of news outlets that would love to have that) then your point is moot.

Trump never received a penny from the Russians or favors from the Russian government.
    You have no proof of this and I can say that definitely because Trump refuses to release his taxes.

Hillary Clinton campaign had a Ukranian official on the pay roll to dig up dirt on Trump. Was that not collusion?
    No. That's not the same thing. For starters, Ukraine has been an ally to the US and Russia has been an enemy.

Although as an interesting aside, if Trump has absolutely no ties to Russia, why would hiring someone from Ukraine be of any benefit?

Trump was going to win regardless of the emails being leaked.
    Probably untrue, but proving something like that one way or the other would be near impossible.

They still have yet to actually prove it was the Russians seeing the DNC refuses to let the FBI have the actual server's. So we have to take the DNC word it was the Russians.
    This is completely untrue. They turned over the information that was needed. The entire intelligence community is in agreement that the Russians were responsible for the hack. Again, the only person of consequence that denies Russia hacked the DNC (and attempted to hack the RNC) is Trump.

As for the Don Jr thing, he did nothing illegal talking to a private citizen to dig up dirt on Hillary Clinton. Come to find out this woman was a anti Trump supporter who was in the country on a special visa given to her by Loretta lynch. So yeah it was obviously a set up, but either way nothing illegal about talking to a private citizen.
    As someone that claims the MSM is unreliable you sure do echo every single one of Fox News' incredibly lame talking points. Suggesting that Lorreta Lynch is somehow involved because she gave a foreign lawyer a visa to come into the country is such an unbelievably massive leap of logic that they can smell the desperation to cover up for god emperor Trump in Moscow. You understand that conspiracy theories actually have to make sense in the big picture right?

Hilary Clinton makes a deal with the Russians. They get uranium mines and in exchange they'll:
    1. Hack her emails and release them, hurting her chances of being elected.
    2. Actively work on getting Donald Trump elected.

They'll arrange to have a Russian lawyer and former KGB Intel officer meet up with Roland Trump Jr. and offer up incriminating stuff during the election. Then, 6 months after Trump takes the office over Hilary, they'll release the details of that meeting and make Trump look guilty of collusion!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Paris agreement was the dumbest thing Obama did. USA gave up everything and had to give money to other countries. While China, India and others gave up Zero. While we lost factories they would increase there production and more then double there pollution off setting anything we did. Just sending our jobs and pollution over seas does nothing for the environment or jobs in the USA. It was not only the stupidest agreement in the history of the United States next only to the Iran deal. But it was unconstitutional because it was not approved by Congress and never would have held up in the Supreme Court. Paris agreement would have installed laws onto the United States crafted by foreign nations. This is completely un American but illegal. We fought a entire war to get rid of British Rule but Obama and his ideology tried to do a end around Congress but in doing so tried to put under Europe rules again. We are still far superior then most civilized nations. Also climate change isn't even real come to find out. Alot of the science was faked just like global warming science was. Lol

Also Trump has done a ton of things to help business in General. As the number one thing in the USA killing jobs was Regulations and trade agreements. Trump is fixing all of those things as he promised to do. Stock market is at a all time high, manufacturing jobs are exploding in numbers all thanks to deregulation and fixing trade agreements. Next is Taxes and getting rid of Obama care. Two major job killers right their that need to be fixed. Only reason those aren't fixed already is there is alot of corrupt Republicans who do what's best for there bank accounts and not what's best for the country.
    I try to remain as civil as I can, but this is legitimately some of the dumbest **** I have ever read. If you think the Paris agreement would have allowed other countries to set laws for the United States you have absolutely no understanding of what the Paris agreement even is.

Not only was it completely and utterly voluntary (so they could have just said "lol no") each country set their own benchmarks to achieve.

I mean seriously you are just completely embarrassing yourself with this bull**** you're trying to peddle.

Thread Information