Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Trump brings the US yet another step towards becoming a Bana

What Palem said. ��

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I try to remain as civil as I can, but this is legitimately some of the dumbest **** I have ever read. If you think the Paris agreement would have allowed other countries to set laws for the United States you have absolutely no understanding of what the Paris agreement even is.

Not only was it completely and utterly voluntary (so they could have just said "lol no") each country set their own benchmarks to achieve.

I mean seriously you are just completely embarrassing yourself with this bull**** you're trying to peddle.
    I understand if you only watch MSNBC or CNN you wouldn't know about the built in penalties and fines that where in the Paris Treaty. The self imposed terms are true but the President didn't have the authority to impose or agree to impose most of the agreement. Senate and the house would have had to approve it, also would have had to pass new laws to be in compliance with the agreement. Obama did a end around Congress trying to bypass our democratic system. Hence it would have been deemed unconstitutional. I understand the Democrats hate our constitution as it stands in there new fascist agenda. I mean Democrats are trying to take away our presidents 1st admenment right by blocking him from Twitter. Because they hate the fact he can get the truth out there instead of the media spin. Lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    I understand if you only watch MSNBC or CNN you wouldn't know about the built in penalties and fines that where in the Paris Treaty.
    Wrong.

"How will parties be held accountable?
    Accountability will be achieved primarily through an “enhanced transparency framework.” All countries are required to submit emissions inventories and the “information necessary to track progress made in implementing and achieving” their NDCs. These reports will be subject to an independent review by technical experts and a “facilitative, multilateral consideration of progress” by fellow governments.
    Unlike the current transparency system under the UNFCCC, which sets different requirements for developed and developing countries, the new transparency framework will apply to all countries but provide “built-in flexibility” to accommodate varying national capacities. The aim is for all parties to work toward the same standards of accountability as their capacities strengthen over time.
    In addition, the agreement establishes a new mechanism to “facilitate implementation and promote compliance.” This “non-adversarial” committee of experts will seek to help countries falling behind on their commitments get back on track. There are no penalties for noncompliance."

The self imposed terms are true but the President didn't have the authority to impose or agree to impose most of the agreement. Senate and the house would have had to approve it, also would have had to pass new laws to be in compliance with the agreement. Obama did a end around Congress trying to bypass our democratic system. Hence it would have been deemed unconstitutional.
    Wrong.

"Did Congress have any say over the agreement?
    Under U.S. law, a president may under certain circumstances approve U.S. participation in an international agreement without submitting it to Congress. Important considerations include whether the new agreement is implementing a prior agreement such as the UNFCCC that was ratified with the advice and consent of the Senate, and whether it is consistent with, and can be implemented on the basis of, existing U.S. law. Because the agreement does not include binding emission targets, or binding financial commitments beyond those contained in the UNFCCC, and can be implemented on the basis of existing law, President Obama chose to approve it by executive action."

Source:
    https://www.c2es.org/international/2...imate-talks-qa

Sorry it's not freedompatriotsagainstlibtards.biz or whatever backwards ass site you subscribe to, but I think it covers things pretty well.

If you'd like to claim that there are penalties you're gonna need to cite it.

Also, lol @ hating the constitution. Obama taught constitutional law. I'd bet my life savings that Trump hasn't read it once.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's like looking into a mirror lol

Veteran
    We will never agree on anything that's obvious. But seeing 3/4 of the state's support Trump he isn't ever going to be impeached and will be re-elected. I suggest the other 1/4 just focused on their own problems seeing most of them are massively in debt. Like California, Illinois, New York Washington State. Places like that should worry about there own problems and stop wasting their time kicking and screaming about Trump.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm happy to agree with any number of things that I'm sure you believe such as
    "Donald Trump is the president of the United States"
    "Hilary Clinton is was a ****ty presidential candidate that was shoved down people's throats"
    "There are way too many government representatives that are more interested in their bank accounts than representing their constituents."
    "I love America and want to see us continue to grow into a better and stronger country"

However, when you start talking about things that have no basis in reality like
    "Climate Change is a fake"
    "The Paris agreement has tons of hidden penalties"
    "The democrats sent that Russian lawyer to frame Trump"
    Etc

Then yes, I'm gonna call you out on your nonsense and make it as clear as I can that you're wrong. If not for your own benefit, then at the very least anyone reading that legitimately doesn't know.

Regular
    I understand if you only watch MSNBC or CNN you wouldn't know about the built in penalties and fines that where in the Paris Treaty. The self imposed terms are true but the President didn't have the authority to impose or agree to impose most of the agreement. Senate and the house would have had to approve it, also would have had to pass new laws to be in compliance with the agreement. Obama did a end around Congress trying to bypass our democratic system. Hence it would have been deemed unconstitutional. I understand the Democrats hate our constitution as it stands in there new fascist agenda. I mean Democrats are trying to take away our presidents 1st admenment right by blocking him from Twitter. Because they hate the fact he can get the truth out there instead of the media spin. Lol
    Oh boy... Here we go again with the misinformation. Where do you get this stuff? Can you post any article backing these claims?
    Who is trying to block Trump from using Twitter? I know republicans have had to try and keep him off of it for their own sake but there is no democrat trying to get his account blocked. More lies it seems?
    Media spin? What do we call the spin you and king Trumpturd put out?

Regular
    We will never agree on anything that's obvious. But seeing 3/4 of the state's support Trump he isn't ever going to be impeached and will be re-elected. I suggest the other 1/4 just focused on their own problems seeing most of them are massively in debt. Like California, Illinois, New York Washington State. Places like that should worry about there own problems and stop wasting their time kicking and screaming about Trump.
    What? How can 3/4ths of the States support Trump when he has a 38% approval rating? He is barely 6 months into his presidency and failing at everything with his party controlling all 3 branches of government. Republicans were so focused on being the 'no' party for the last 8 years that they forgot how to actually work on writing actual policy.
    Wow... Why didn't all these poor subsidized republican states focus on their own problems instead of kicking and screaming about Obama for 8 years?

...I mean Democrats are trying to take away our presidents 1st admenment right by blocking him from Twitter...
    If I were a democrat, blocking Trumps Twitter account would be the last thing I'd want. Trump is making a fool out of himself there which makes his re-election impossible.

Conservative policies are what's destroying the US. IMO the US needs to raise taxes significantly, especially on the wealthiest and rebuild their countries infrastructure and give the people universal health care. Health care should be considered a basic human right. Lower taxes do not create more income for the government. The conservatives need to stop their cult like way of thinking about economics. Raising taxes is basically the worst thing you could ever say or do as a politician in America because of the conservative's idiotic view of economics and the governments role.

In all honesty though I could care less what the US does as I'm not American and I'm just trying to get my post count up to 5 so I can PM someone. :P

Veteran
    Problem with the government is not a income problem, it's a waste and abuse Problem. Dirty secret of every government agency from the top to the bottom they waste money, steal money and are incompetent with money. Raising taxes will do nothing beside transfer wealth from the rich to other rich people that work for the government. Also dirty secret of universal health care is cost management. Basically makes doctors government employees who won't make millions of dollars a year. But 100 to 200k a year. Nurses and everyone in the healthcare field will have to make less also to make universal healthcare work. Which then will have a domino effect on college's and the pharmaceutical companies forcing many to bankrupt. This is why saying universal healthcare is the answer and actually doing it are very different things. It would be a very messy transition.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Agree about government wasting money.

The stuff about universal healthcare is unfounded rubbish. Doctors in countries with universal healthcare live very well. Also, private practices would still exist. The entire cosmetic industry isn't suddenly not going to exist because the country started giving basic healthcare to it's citizens.

The one speck of truth is that the transistion would be tricky. Pretty much the entire healthcare insurance industry would cease to exist so you'd probably have to aid those people losing their jobs with either new government jobs, working in the new healthcare system, or severance packages to give them time to find new jobs something along those lines. No one should get the rug pulled out from under them.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnostic00 View Post
    In all honesty though I could care less what the US does as I'm not American and I'm just trying to get my post count up to 5 so I can PM someone. :P
    Burn! Canuckleheads for the win!

-DM <3

Regular
    Problem with the government is not a income problem, it's a waste and abuse Problem. Dirty secret of every government agency from the top to the bottom they waste money, steal money and are incompetent with money. Raising taxes will do nothing beside transfer wealth from the rich to other rich people that work for the government. Also dirty secret of universal health care is cost management. Basically makes doctors government employees who won't make millions of dollars a year. But 100 to 200k a year. Nurses and everyone in the healthcare field will have to make less also to make universal healthcare work. Which then will have a domino effect on college's and the pharmaceutical companies forcing many to bankrupt. This is why saying universal healthcare is the answer and actually doing it are very different things. It would be a very messy transition.
    Raising taxes pays for wars that we haven't been paying for, infrastructure that has been ignored, peoples healthcare etc etc etc... Sure there is waste. No different than in Private industry. Except now you gotta throw in the profit margins. Gotta love big pharma charging thousands of dollars for a 12 dollar pill. That's privatization. Thats stealing.
    Doctors use to give healthcare for a chicken dinner if thats all a settler had. Now they all have to be rich...

Thread Information