Thread: in war invites

Post Fiend

in war invites

since provs in vacation are not allowed to come out of vaca when in war....maybe invites possibly be similar thing? we just exited a war..where we were built for long haul. we were down after 48 hours..there monarch.. DIAMONDS of all people (people know him for his nubbery...no explanation needed) was mocking us and inviting us this his kd cuz we were down..and we started coming back. was a fair fun 22 vs 22 prov war. all a sudden their monarch was getting less and less cocky and we assumed panicked and quick invited in 3 new provs..2 which showed up. i know 3 days prot is long..but in a 10 day war..those provs can wreck havoc..boost nw..and give numbers advantage. a war we were gaining ground and getting ahead on now lost due to them recruiting and inviting while in war. i can understand if a prov goes inactive and you recruit someone to fill that prov if abandoned..but getting new provs in war to turn tides of battle..no diff than having provs come out of vaca in war..which isnt allowed. just my 2 cents as a suggestion. should go into war and war with what you have
    Who shot who in the what now?

The difference is that provs which were coming out of VM during war had huge gold stockpile to fund drake and it was abuse of the system. In your case it's just bad luck because he found 3 new players during war. They come out in as bad shape as your chained attackers(unless they get huge help meanwhile you are wrecking their attackers).

Regular
    Was there anything preventing you recruiting 2 or 3 additional players too other thank the monarch being lazy?

It's a common tactic in long, attritional wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    The difference is that provs which were coming out of VM during war had huge gold stockpile to fund drake and it was abuse of the system. In your case it's just bad luck because he found 3 new players during war. They come out in as bad shape as your chained attackers(unless they get huge help meanwhile you are wrecking their attackers).
    Well, if you're warring at a relatively small size where the 400 acres isn't 1/4th to 1/5th of your average attacker size but closer to 2/3rds to 3/4 then it can easily be a big problem. The solution is ofcourse not to war at such a small size and it won't be a problem. Therefore I don't feel that it's really a problem because it's your own fault for warring at a very small size.

Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Was there anything preventing you recruiting 2 or 3 additional players too other thank the monarch being lazy?

It's a common tactic in long, attritional wars.
    Only in ridiculously small wars, otherwise the new provinces comes out at a too small size to really matter.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    no..we war with what we have. we admit when we are beat fair and square. we could of invited in players..but we dont. im sorry..we rather try to beat a kd by suprising them with our activity or lack of then suprising them by screwing them over by gaining number advantage to take back a war they are losing. and ya..we arent a huge kd..after a week of warring and aid..they can come out quite pumped..and destroy chained provs. an extra 2-3 provs is an extra 4x per prov..so 12 hits..24 hits a day..plus boosts nw and such..which isnt a big issue. also in a 3 day prot..they can additionaly fund/stock gc till able to send it out while taking aid. not saying its a huge deal....but fail to see how a prov coming out of vac in war..maybe with a bunch of gc to gain advantage is called abuse of system..or someone is just coming back from camping or a honeymoon...and abusing invite system to gain advantage of a war isnt. it is a tactic yes..but imo..should war with what you have going into war. those at 25 provs dont obviously have to worry about that so i take who says what with a grain of salt..but as a 22 prov kd..it can make or break a tight war. and our monarch is far from lazy fyi

Post Fiend
    I agree with this suggestion to block/prohibit invitations during war, especially poaching opposite kds provs, this has happened to us 5 times now, we war and lose and other kd poaches our active players, either directly or indirectly.

To keep things fair all invites should be prohibited during war and if at the eowcf players want to join other kd they can do so afterwards, because during this time we still have the war forums in which the defectors can taunt us which affects kd morale, the game is hard enough with such few players and yes we bicker and not an awesome top kd but that doesn't mean you need to make things worse because this has a negative impact on the kd as a whole and people just start leaving/quitting and the kd falls apart.

If you're wondering why the game is dying, one of the reasons is that there are too many half empty ghetto kds struggling to stay afloat and it doesn't help when active members are poached out of said kd to join a buffed kd, eventually players in these ghettos will just quit the game and give up because they see no future in the kd, especially when you get another kd feed off you because they can as you have no hope of defending yourself, so all your hard work to build up a nice prov is destroyed when you get umpteen abducts on you by a buff kd.

Post Fiend
    I also agree with the suggestion. I dont mind the idea of inviting during war, but not exiting protection. Fair enough if you've been PK'd and respawned, but gaining another few attackers 3 days into it invites the system to be abused. Early in the age we had a 20 v 20 (18 v 18 if you dont count the low activity/useless players) then it becomes 20 v 23 (18 v 21) with their invites joining.

Forum Fanatic
    I agree as ive seen provinces pop out of protection after 3 days with gc and runes stockpiles while pumped. I brought this up a few ages ago .

I should be against just because Dizzy you let the Nub Diamonds beat you in anything but ill still agree with your post anyway.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    i know thunder..im ashamed :(

Its not enough that at first Diamond asked us for war when we are not interested and demanded for button while they were 200k-300k bigger.

Then we started eating waves from huge ass kds so we went fort. And then DIAMOND threw a b*** fit about it. What now only you can pump up in fort and others can't?

Exit fort, start hostilities. We planned for a long war. 1 day into war Diamond sent our king an arrogant mail demanding surrender. Ignored, war dragged on, over time his mails became less arrogant and more like begging for us to surrender once we had the upper hand.

Then, 2 invites came in. And a 3rd one. By that time the war has dragged on for 10 days and people have real life issues to deal with. We WD. Call him out in war forums our posts keep getting deleted.

I never knew Diamonds.

But after this, I wish I didn't know him. Such cowardice and dishonor

Thread Information