Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast Blood VS Emeriti

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    OK, I can see that you can't restrain your angst. However, can you at least back off on that. Block? Maybe if you somehow believe that we were in collusion with Barcoloco. Chart shape? If we were shaping (by your own argument) we were shaping FOR you as we were generating so many yummy acres for you.

I know it is hard for you to be logically consistent when you are super angsty (it is for most people), but try.
    The point being made here is BB really has no chance to win the war or a crown past a certain point. There was a point where they held the NW gap and acres loss (them being down 20k constant) but after that their NW crashed and became down 37k acres, that's a clear of a loss as possible. The only reason to not withdraw after such a loss is to influence the crown race. I'm not saying Bb and 6:15 were in collusion. I'm saying when it became clear that BB had 0% chance to win, their only reason for not WD was to be spiteful and influence crown race.

The funny thing though is when this gets used against Bb in the future, they are going to whine and make angry forum posts or maybe even organize a GB (nesta is good at that, it's about the only thing he knows how to do other than begging people for land drops OOW). Generally it's stupid to piss off a kingdom that is superior to you as that makes life harder and there isn't a single person who plays this game who wouldn't pretend otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    The difference between having time to back to back or not completely changed tactics. As did the lack of ability to even go hostile again (forced 72h cf period). Plus war win bonus stuff. This is simple mechanics stuff Matija. All forcing a change in tactics to make sure Emeriti couldn't wd up in land with no time to get it back. Whether or not Emeriti would withdraw up or not is another argument altogether. But saying it didn't affect how things were done, is just flat out ignorance. But I should not be surprised about that should I considering your feelings towards BB of late.
    If Emeriti withdrew you'd get the war win bonus, why does that bonus bother you?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    You were not in a position to win.
    This is true, but only because the game is set-up so that the only way to be in position to win is to have the opponent voluntarily decide to give you the win or to put the opponent on less than 50% of your own nw.

Over the last few days of war, BB continued to lose land kingdom wide and by the last day even their biggest two were on a negative land trajectory. 50% nw was not achieved, but it was clear to any knowledgeable observer that it would be achieved with enough time. Emeriti made a huge strategical blunder when they extended BB just to not be jerks earlier in the age. The extension allowed BB to enter the fight with 3M more nw than emeriti and be close enough to eoa that they could successfully avoid being put under 50% nw before eoa and therefore prevent Emeriti from getting the crown.

BeastBlood
    29,739,138gc (-40,177,661) 159,775 acres (-33,004)
    They have: 164k acres | 29,753k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 1,774k nw | 726k peons | 1,865k units (+139k solds) | 2,489k income (0k TOG) | 1,095k wages | 8,947k gc | 4,112k runes | 19,223k food

Emeriti
    38,641,510gc (-28,167,282) 221,811 acres (26,713)
    We have: 222k acres | 38,642k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 1,436k nw |*2,426k peons | 2,294k units (+515k solds) | 8,359k income (0k TOG) | 2,702k wages | 17,182k gc | 2,079k runes | 15,036k food

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    If Emeriti withdrew you'd get the war win bonus, why does that bonus bother you?
    The goal of both kds is land/nw crown. If getting the bonus doesn't lead to that, it's worthless. Not exactly complicated. FYI, I'm only an observer so it doesn't bother me at all. Don't have any feelings really. Just shedding some light.

No one anticipated such a short age or things would have been set up differently cf wise. I really would have loved to see them have 3-4 weeks to duke it out.
    In all fairness, I did because the Devs posted the age was going to be only 10 weeks. I personally was not paying any attention because I am not in leadership so I don't have to :). The timing was, to me, ****ty in general because I just think the leadership of both kingdoms did not think things through.

First expiry on/near Easter? Stupidity.
    Second expiry near Mother's day? Stupidity.

(*HINT* Assholes, before doing diplomacy, check who is/can be around on the major summer holidays, like for Americans 7/4/2017 is kind of a get drunk and be stupid day! Don't plan stuff you need them lucid for on that day! I am sure other nations have something too...work it out ahead of time! Sheesh!)

Its like no one ever heard of looking at a ****ing calendar!

Then of course there were the age timing issues generally. I can get Emeriti not thinking of having timing problems because Avians shoot for short wars. BB? Come on, you know that when you war Avians you have to make it through the first 48 hrs and kill all their military so that they should be shells/mostly shells and then come back on them. (This is part of why the Dev's keeping avian Birthrates at 40% for the next age coming up is crappy, but that is for another thread.) That said, I don't think anyone was anticipating more than 96 hours or so. The naive expectation I would have had is to tag Emeriti in unfriendly for a while pinning them with the button so they can't use their speed. Sure it limits our hits, but that is less of a limitation on us than them. Eventually Emeriti would have to give the button if they wanted to use their speed. Then we would not have had to lose what 6? 8? (I am not sure how many, but it was a lot and it hurt) core provinces by giving button. Again, not my call, and I would NEVER have made the call that flogger did, but it is what it is. Anyway, 48 hrs of getting outhit, check military, if we have more, we can potentially turn it, within 96 hrs either it is turned or not. In this case, 96 hrs came and things were pretty even, so it dragged. Avian BR's became productive enough that their econ was problematic at the end, which is different/out of character from the standard expectation of warring avians and made this interesting.

But yeah, speaking for myself the last 5-6 weeks of this age are not at all how I would have done things if I ruled the world (many will probably say that is a good thing, so I will save you all the effort of flaming me, just consider all that crap said). I don't, so it was and so whatever.

As I said before, looking forward to next age for the first time in MANY ages, as opposed to playing because someone or other guilted me into it or because I was going to random ghetto just to run stupid stuff.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Emeriti made a huge strategical blunder when they extended BB just to not be jerks earlier in the age. The extension allowed BB to enter the fight with 3M more nw
    BB was something like 15% larger when the extension happenned. BB likely had a better chance in that fight than the later one if they wanted to play utopia for 3 straight weeks (after playing for 10 straight days prior). So this isn't exactly true.

Yeah, only an idiot thinks BB was really still in the fight. Near the end it was clearly spiralling downward and that war was definitely over. Who is arguing that it wasn't? Only arguments I've seen is that some things would have been done differently and it wouldn't have even ended up there had there been more time.

Post Fiend
    So much hate in the forums from Emeriti to BB. Make love not war. Its ok to not win a crown, you shouldnt really expect a WW from a kd you taxed when they have the chance to deprive you from crowning. Its simple. Move on, meet next age, since this is usually the war the whole server waits for just have it a bit earlier. No Cfs and no sick deals just war all age long and let Brocolocco or whatever win again. noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    The point being made here is BB really has no chance to win the war or a crown past a certain point. There was a point where they held the NW gap and acres loss (them being down 20k constant) but after that their NW crashed and became down 37k acres, that's a clear of a loss as possible. The only reason to not withdraw after such a loss is to influence the crown race. I'm not saying Bb and 6:15 were in collusion. I'm saying when it became clear that BB had 0% chance to win, their only reason for not WD was to be spiteful and influence crown race.

The funny thing though is when this gets used against Bb in the future, they are going to whine and make angry forum posts or maybe even organize a GB (nesta is good at that, it's about the only thing he knows how to do other than begging people for land drops OOW). Generally it's stupid to piss off a kingdom that is superior to you as that makes life harder and there isn't a single person who plays this game who wouldn't pretend otherwise.
    As opposed to those who choose to chase BB members on to Whatsapp and other media in order to harass them? Learn to leave the game on the server man.

I would not claim to be a mastermind of the war as I was not really paying attention, but to me, when I was looking at several pieces of intel I saw a lot of holes in Emeriti too at the NW drop point. Also, NW now is heavily land based, so the NW crash coincided with a small acres surge you all had. Had I bothered to calculate things would I have read it differently? I can't say I would have, but generally I don't calc anything, I guestimate the whole game. I can say that was not concerned at any time during this war, even when you all made me 40% of my original size and so on and so forth. At no time I was worried in the least. Now, perhaps it is because I was not paying attention, but I was not worried.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Yeah, only an idiot thinks BB was really still in the fight. Near the end it was clearly spiralling downward and that war was definitely over. Who is arguing that it wasn't? Only arguments I've seen is that some things would have been done differently and it wouldn't have even ended up there had there been more time.
    I think you need to read again. BB players/Leadership were clear about how the war would have been (1) started (2) played if it was not 1 week till EOA.

The goal of both kds is land/nw crown. If getting the bonus doesn't lead to that, it's worthless. Not exactly complicated. FYI, I'm only an observer so it doesn't bother me at all. Don't have any feelings really. Just shedding some light.
    Well I'm on your case, doesn't mean feelings are clouding my judgement.
    You basically misjudged the situation then. You should have gone for the long con, at least you'd get a war win? You got hyped by your high opa war heroes but couldn't take it home due to the bank disadvantage and not being Avian. That's "simple mechanics" according to you.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post

The only one Whining here is you Proteus. oh, and Binar. I dont see any BB players not rejoicing the fact that you didnt get crown. Watching BB destroy your Crown dream is more satisfying that crowning in itself. GG 6:15 for snatching the Crowns.

Why do you keep saying "you". I'm not with anyone.

Semantics? Really?
    Please try again, you.

OK, point taken that at least Migz seems to have lived for ruining your crown. Its not something I saw people in any BB chat talking about so.... whatever.

I think if more of you people simply got to where I am (not that I was not angst ridden and passionate about pointless **** (as Binar has intimated in the past)) and just recognize that this game is nothing more than a trifling excercise to keep your left mouse clicking finger in shape, we would all be better off.
    Last edited by Sheister; 20-05-2017 at 22:11.

Thread Information