Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast Blood VS Emeriti

Proteus,

Did someone from BB ask for your cell number so that they could harass YOU? Or did you, accomplished person that you are who is oh so nice to everyone, pursue and harass members of BB? Think about it! We have the WA chat logs!

See you next age. Please learn some grace in the meantime.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Protector, it sounds like you're saying early on in the war you had a choice to either go for the win with massacring but probably running out of time but at least trying to get into a "winning" position, or to just try and hold up the best you can to not get 50%'d before eoa. By choosing the latter, it seems clear that you had no intention to wd no matter how things went in the war despite you and mod previously stating that if you were legit losing you'd wd.

You were legit losing, but you didn't wd with the excuse being that you think maybe you could have been in position to win if you went with a different strategy. That excuse means that no matter how convincingly Emeriti was winning the war you would never wd because in your hypothetical alternate universe with a different strategy you might have been able to position for a win.

Also, if you chose the best strat for the length of the age, it would have been quite interesting to see how things would have looked with your alternative strat. You'd probably have been close to being 50%'d.
    ASF, that is not in the least what he is saying. I know you are impaired by your own smoke screens, but do at least stop reading what you want to see and pay attention to people's words.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Sir Postalot
    I recall a prov crown, not a kd crown pre-rage.

Strategy Moderator
    I tried pm'ing him to ask on irc hours ago but he's idle for a couple days. I honestly don't understand how that excuse for not wding can be used without also admitting you had no intention to wd no matter how convincingly emeriti was winning.

Needs to get out more
    I'm only recommending this, if you guys post your rosters with race/personality from last age: it's a learning tool.

Sim the outcome. One with the beginning of the last tick, the other from notice.

Epiphany Edit: starting from the 2 recommended sim scenarios would be a great use of the Genesis Server, or I'm I thinking in Star Trek again?

Anywho, many a table top war simulation game is based in time freeze scenarios like Waterloo or The Battle of Kursk.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-05-2017 at 01:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm only recommending this, if you guys post your rosters with race/personality from last age: it's a learning tool.

Sim the outcome. One with the beginning of the last tick, the other from notice.
    Oh Strato, you will set them to arguing about spreadsheet assumptions! You have no idea the levels of nerd-dom you are calling to be unleashed.

Sir Postalot
    Then again I recall helping with that prov crown too, so doesn't count. :p

Needs to get out more
    I just edited to move the sim to the Genesis server. That way even naive kingdom teams could stand in your shoes and try their hand at top war.

Epiphany 2: for a fee!

Top kingdoms would only be offering their wars for public consumption if they permitted it for posterity.

Edit 3 off topic: I found no olive tree dryad, which I find uncanny considering origin.

Therefor, Olivia
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-05-2017 at 01:49.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I just edited to move the sim to the Genesis server. That way even naive kingdom teams could stand in your shoes and try their hand at top war.
    It won't work. Whoever is playing my province will be paying entirely too much attention to have a proper comparison.

Sir Postalot
    I think both emeriti and BB knows I woulda withdrawn. I care about crowns and nothing more. But 3-4 days before eoa, both proteus and dorje said they wouldn't withdraw out of pride to win NW crown, even if it locked it up. There were a few Bbers that voted to wd, but more said no due to pride. They didn't want to take a war loss when they felt they wouldn't have lost the war if not up against end of age. So both sides do the same pride stuff I don't agree with.

The game is shorter now and it is just a silly game, stop taking it so seriously and have fun with it

ROFL! There was a vote? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have got to pay more attention.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    Basically TL:DR: Winners focus on winning. Emeriti played the war to win. Losers focus on winners.
    Were you focused on winning when you renewed your CF with BB when you were in prime position to farm them out and basically secure your crown?

Stop blaming others for your loss. Winners blame themselves for losing. Losers blame others.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Proteus,

Did someone from BB ask for your cell number so that they could harass YOU? Or did you, accomplished person that you are who is oh so nice to everyone, pursue and harass members of BB? Think about it! We have the WA chat logs!

See you next age. Please learn some grace in the meantime.
    When you say see you next age, is that supposed to be scary or something? Its like having a 5th grader tell me they are going to beat me up or something. Do we not farm you every age? When you say that I just look forward to receiving the gift of the ghetto.

Also exchanging 20 lines of conversation with someone is hardly called harassment. Nesta is a 3-rd tier leader with no accomplishments and needed to be reminded of such. The guy only feels big when he is joining in on GB's of kingdoms he can't beat 1v1, asking smaller kds to farm out to him, or riding the coattails of CJ or others.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Then again I recall helping with that prov crown too, so doesn't count. :p
    You really have a bad memory. Remember that time you told me I had no gravitas, swagger, skills and other stuff and that we needed to reset our setup and I made you reset your provinces after war. :P

But yeah you are right bro, everyone helps me with everything, can't do anything on my own. Thats actually why I joined Emeriti, I wanted to ride the coattails of Binar and jdorje and be gifted a charity crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Were you focused on winning when you renewed your CF with BB when you were in prime position to farm them out and basically secure your crown?

Stop blaming others for your loss. Winners blame themselves for losing. Losers blame others.
    That was our plan and one I strongly pushed for except multiple members of BB's leadership team begged us to cf them and offered acres. We replied that we rather war but they kept on pleading over the course of several days. We have never yet turned down diplomacy from anyone who has offered a reasonable deal. But yeah you are right, it was our single biggest mistake of this age, could have farmed them Y4 and spent the next 6 weeks chilling drinking mai this. Thats a mistake we won't repeat in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    ROFL! There was a vote? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have got to pay more attention.
    Surprised you did not PK with all the time you spend on the forums. Remind me of Dharan. He played for me one age a long time ago and was never around...we were all wonder where he was but then we saw that he was trolling the forums.

But 3-4 days before eoa, both proteus and dorje said they wouldn't withdraw out of pride to win NW crown, even if it locked it up.
    Why would we WD when we are winning and gift BB an undeserved and unearned WW just because they were too stubborn to WD before in spite of clearly losing.

I think I have a good excuse for next time I lose a war (which hasn't happened in more years than I can remember), I will say I did not lose because I had an alternative hypothetical strategy in which I win and farm to the top but could not implement it due to timing differences. Thats a good one, now I'm ready for success.
    Last edited by Proteus; 21-05-2017 at 03:00.

Needs to get out more
    Us three thousand losers aren't taking this sitting down. There's plenty of blame to go around to "the 25" in Barcoloco.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Strategy Moderator
    I think both emeriti and BB knows I woulda withdrawn. I care about crowns and nothing more. But 3-4 days before eoa, both proteus and dorje said they wouldn't withdraw out of pride to win NW crown, even if it locked it up. There were a few Bbers that voted to wd, but more said no due to pride. They didn't want to take a war loss when they felt they wouldn't have lost the war if not up against end of age. So both sides do the same pride stuff I don't agree with.
    Emeriti was also up a lot of land at that point and winning and needed the ww bonus to secure the land crown with Barcoloco farming out Mike. BB was getting farmed in land and crushed in nw and had no chance to win. There is a difference between not withdrawing a war you're clearly winning and one you're clearly losing.

If Emeriti was losing, they would have wd and gave bb the age win. At least this age... I would expect they wouldn't with BB in a future age now. BB decided that screwing over Emeriti this age was more important to them than improved chances to crown in future ages. This is after Emeriti gave BB a fair deal to even have this even starting war.

Thread Information