Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Change Feedback - Other

Administrator

Proposed Change Feedback - Other

For feedback on other elements.

Finally lanbased gains. On the other hand I think dice not consuming pool is a bad idea.
    I rather liked the current scientist generation compared to the suggested change, some randomness in our lives is a good thing :P

I'm sceptic about the proposed changes to WW's, I think it'd be better to have the tiered component be based on war duration instead of some measure of success which will most likely end up being completely arbitrary, just like the War meter of olden times, or the "Happiness" mechanic. Making some arbitrary "success" mechanic also increases the incentive for fake wars and it will be incredibly difficult to determine which war is real and which is fake. Tying it to war duration you can tweak it so that it's always less beneficial than not warring but still compensates somewhat for the long war.

I also think that NW protection from Op's/Spells should remain the same OOW unless the minimum raze gains is similarly improved OOW, or all Spells and Sabotage op's(including robbery ops) needs to be locked behind Unfriendly.
    Otherwise the current change will only end up with a clueless ghetto robbing the wrong target and end up getting razed and then coming to the forums to cry about the "mean bullies".
    Last edited by Elldallan; 12-05-2017 at 02:34.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Remove protection spec credits entirely (or at least cut it in half) and give a small amount more gold to provinces to start the game to prevent the avian cluster**** that was OOP this age.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Director of Age Changes
    Hybrid land-nw gains. Like you'd still gain 50% of what you gain now if extremely out of land range.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Remove protection spec credits entirely (or at least cut it in half) and give a small amount more gold to provinces to start the game to prevent the avian cluster**** that was OOP this age.
    wholehearted +1

Wouldn't infinite paradise be a problem?
    Started Age 68

can i get a rundown on what full conquest access is? on the warrior personality

Utopia is a war game, not an explorer kingdom game. There should be some penalties against those exploring kingdom with no intention of war, 0 war throughout the whole age but only to grow fast up to bottom feed on kingdom 200-300% smaller than them. Straight ball-less bullies. At least 0 or little gains if hitting against kingdom alot smaller, to discourage bullying and make them compete within their own range

Regular
    Remove exploring alltogeter. Instead attacks create land in war. Bank that land (cap it to a % of the ww bonus) and at the end of the war distribute that under the median proportional to size (smallest gets most, right under median gets smallest amount).

Make paradise a rogue and my spell only. Maybe ad a size mod.

Remove honor. Replace that with experience. Experience cannot be lost. Is gained with att and succ ops at a fixed amount (harder spells and ops still get more , similar to honor. Maybe differenciate gains between attacks too).
    Double the xp gains in war. Also add a ww bonus of a % from the lossings kd xp. Each prov in the winning kd gets the median of the lossin honor (a 8 provs kd gets the same xp per prov as if they were 25 instead getting the % of total/8).

Add a moddifier to the gain % tied to the percentual diff of xp between the warring kds (if you win against a much lesser xp kd you get less and the other way around).

No xp bonuses for max metter wars as well.

Provs start with 0 xp. Bonuses are given at a lower amount of xp gained (750?). No doubles after the current viscount rank.

Remove ww chart. Honor chart --> xp chart.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Yblessmi View Post
    Utopia is a war game, not an explorer kingdom game.
    Utopia is a strategy game, not a war game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Finally lanbased gains.
    I thought you don't want LBG. A lot old players were complaining how bad that system was.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Do you get a special notification when someone says "uto is a war game" :P?

At the devs: can we get numbers about scientists generation. Also are we going to keep the linear scaling or switching to diminishing returns? Is there going to be change in the cap of the categories(% and number of scientists)?

Enthusiast
    Am I missing something in terms of how land based gains is good? Doesn't this just lead to longer, boring wars with no deep chaining? It's hard enough to fit a decent number of wars in as is with everyone being scared to fight.

Networth gains

Land based gains are not necessary, the only reason you are considering them is because the top kingdom would sit on a stock pile of soilders and gc and then be able to double there networth in 12 hours. Why not keep the networth based gains and after 36 or 48 hours any soilders not trained are converted back to peasants limiting a players use of soilders. This fixes the issue with the top kingdoms and saves you a whole bunch of coding and testing.
    Last edited by Natethegreat; 12-05-2017 at 13:21. Reason: Spelling error

I am not sure how I like the Land based gains idea .. should be able to use both land and NW and get an average %, and base gains that way. just a thought.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    WW Chart Chains - In order to incentivize conflict between top WW kingdoms, we have altered the formula to provide additional WW points (scaling from the current if the kingdom you war is outside of the top 50 for land, honor, NW, and warwins) to double the current points.
    Can you elaborate more on how this will work?
    How would a KD that is Ranked 80 in NW that is 5/6 compare to a 3/3 that is in the top 20 NW when both fight the same relative opponent size?

The way I read it, is that War Wins in the top 50 NW are worth more.

How will this effect KD's that play the game outside the top 50 NW and compete for the war win crown?

Are you trying to force everyone to be in the top 50 NW?

Kingdoms with less than 25 players will be hit with another disadvantage it appears.

Currently the top 10 KDs in war wins are all in the top 40 of KD NW, and of the top 20 war wins only 2 are outside of the top 50 NW. you have to go down to the 25 spot before you start seeing a significant # of KD out side of the top 50 NW
    It would appear that you are handing them a way to ensure they stay in the top, instead of encouraging more wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    This change in my KDs mind would make it a race to the top 50 war based game.
    Zinc

Kobi and his boys together since age 50

Thread Information