Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
In general land based gains favor bottom feeding and pumped provinces.
Well. It also discourages bottom feeding by removing the possibility of manipulating nw.

and pumped provinces.
Indeed. There's no number trade-off to being as pumped as possible.

But I doubt people will be much more pumped on avg. In war/honor tier people pump as deep as possible without running neg income. Pumping deeper is inefficient when searching for war might take days. Don't see that changing much. Aside for when wars have been agreed upon and scheduled in advance - but then I don't see the problem; pumping right and picking setups that allow for it becomes part of the strategy. And no change from before really, if u know a war is coming, you pump as deep as you can nowadays too.

Also there is a personal explore pool as i read and not a kd wide one, so ideally you want to be a little bit bigger than the rest so when exploring reaches a point where it's very expensive you can hit lower with safety.
If you're whoring, yes. Majority doesn't. And again, being bigger than everyone else = lower gains from hitting, and without being able to manipulate nw your gains will be lower.

War spoils might also be important this age cos an attack that gives you land directly might get you out of range of your target (free hit)
Indeed. WS would be the same as adding GS instantly. Game changer oop :)

Chaining with current gains was most hits in a small time window while target still had nw to maximize gains. With land based gains i doubt we'll see people chained to 150 acres or less but chains to -50% to -60% of pre chain land size should be more common.
Well. People could also opt to increase acre spread in their kd to ladder chain better. One way of maintaining chain efficiency.