Thread: Race Modifiers

Post Fiend

Race Modifiers

I don't pretend to understand all the math and mechanics of this game but just curious, the orc -10% thievery penalty is that reflected in the actual science/tpa values I see or do I have to subtract the 10% myself?

eg I have 50% crime science & 2tpa, but I have to subtract 10% so I actually have 40% crime & 1.8tpa because I'm orc?

Same question goes for all race bonuses/penalties.

Thanks

It's not additive bonus is multiplicative(therefore doesn't matter when you calculate it).

2(base) * 1.5(sci) * 0.9(penalty).

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    I don't pretend to understand all the math and mechanics of this game but just curious, the orc -10% thievery penalty is that reflected in the actual science/tpa values I see or do I have to subtract the 10% myself?

eg I have 50% crime science & 2tpa, but I have to subtract 10% so I actually have 40% crime & 1.8tpa because I'm orc?

Same question goes for all race bonuses/penalties.

Thanks
    All #'s are only considered when oping or being oped. Simplistically if you have 50% crime science and 2 raw tpa you have 2*(1+.5)=3 mod tpa. However if your an orc you have -10% mod tpa, so when someone attempts to op you you have 3*(1+(-0.1))=2.7 mod tpa for the purpose of calculating op success/failure.

Same goes for say wpa. you dont "do" anything the values are automatically calc'ed when ops are attempted.

Thread Information