Thread: Wage Rate VS. Military Effeciency

Post Fiend

Wage Rate VS. Military Effeciency

When we change our wage rate it effects military effeciency, sliding over a period of time until it catches up with the currently set wage rate.

Can we have some indication to where our military effeciency is as compared to our wage rate... and/or a mmilitary eff increase/decrease per tick?

you can find it if you look hard enough in the forums and wiki. you can see your base ME on the military advisor page "... our military is functioning at ###.#% efficiency." This includes Wages, and Science only, and updates each tick. If you divide by (1 + your MilSci), then you should get your current actual ME.

I believe the mechanic that governs this is that your wages will move 5% of the difference between what you are set to pay on your Military Training page, and what your current "effective" wages are.

IE you've been paying 100% Wages for first week of the Age, so you have 100% "effective" wages. You eventually set to 200%, but of course you don't get 200% "effective" immediately.

Each tick you gain 5% of the difference between your paid and effective wages - (200% - 100%) / 20 = 100%/20 = 5% change in "effective" wages on the first tick.

I would imagine that rather than including this in the game its one of those items they prefer people to figure out. What I've done it created a chart that tells me how many hours it takes to get from certain %s. For example if you are at 50% "Effective" wages it takes you 8 ticks of 200% paid wages to reach back up to 100% "effective"
    Last edited by RattleHead; 18-05-2017 at 18:02.

Post Fiend
    what about a corresponding (like mod off when entering units on the war room) box
    that will show ME (off and def since they seem to have different efficencies for wage rate) when it levels out to the input wage rate?

Wages don't effect OME and DME at all, they effect Base ME ... Offensive and Defensive multipliers are factored after Wages and Science.

From the wiki;

Base Military Efficiency = ( 60 + 40 * ( Effective Wage Rate / 100 ) 0.25 ) * Gangbang Protection * Science Bonus
    One reason why it may not be included on your War Room or anywhere else in-game is because it isn't usually relevant, relative to your current province stats. It could become confusing pretty quickly for some, I imagine.

at 50% wages the modifier to BM is ~0.93636, 100% it is 1, and 200% it is ~1.07568

so you can rough it out something like this;

If you are going from 50% wages to 100% wages 1 / 0.93636 = 1.06796 so you can multiply your current war room off by this to get an idea where u would be at 100% wages

if you are going from 50% wages to 200% wages 1.07568 / 0.93636 = 1.14879

I wouldn't mind to see on military advisor page (Not War Room, too confusing/distracting from the ACTUAL numbers you need) if you could incorporate ME projections in a simple chart like the in-training list... but BME is so fluid, and subject to outside forces, that the calculation wouldn't stay relevant for long, it seems hard to justify adding constant calculations like this when you can just ask, or look it up easily enough.

Post Fiend
    I only mentioned the war room (adjusted mod off from unit numbers) as an example of what I want...
    I would rather an adjusted ME from wage rate box on the military page where you adjust wages, draft rate, train.

Thread Information