Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf mystic

Elf mystic

Hi!!

I need help.
    I'm new to this game so this age will be my first from the start of an age.
    I am going to play a Elf mystic.
    What i funniest to play M/a or M/t?

And what startingbuild should i go for as a Elf mystic??

//Areon

That depends a lot on how your KD is going to start the age. Are you going to hit early fort to train or are you going to stay in normal for few days? Are you going to grow with exploring? Are you going to war early and when exactly(oop, after fort or after a week in normal)?

This isn't individual game. We need more info about how your KD is going to play and what is expected.

Generally speaking. I think any sort of A/M is frustrating as hell to play because of the relatively severe space efficiency issues.

If it is your first age, I would first decide how often you want to log in. If it is a lot, I would play avian attacker, if not, I would play something that lets you look REALLY scary so that you don't get fed on (probably Orc).

As a new player you will be turned off by the frustration that outside of War, mages are basically useless.

GL HF!
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Regular
    Hi. The problem with wizards is: It is hard to get them in numbers. And when you got them it is hard to get rid of them.
    So, if you have a lot wizards for your size, you do not want to loose a lot of your land. Because when you are overpopulated, you cannot sent wizards as aid shipments. You are mostly stuck with them and loose a lot of defense, which makes it even easier to attack you again. With a lot of wizards, you want to have a very strong defense. Unfortunately with a lot of wizards and a lot of defense, there is not much space left for offense units or thieves. With a mystic perso you want to cast the hard spells. And as elf mystic you might want to cast these hard spells like meteor showers on targets with same magic defense, like T/m, so you need a lot of wizards.

My suggestion is: get like 2 thieves per acre for some defense capabilities, 1 elite per acre to attack/raze chained enemies and put everything else into defense and wizards.
    A reliable, defendably supermage is a great asset in every kingdom.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    That depends a lot on how your KD is going to start the age. Are you going to hit early fort to train or are you going to stay in normal for few days? Are you going to grow with exploring? Are you going to war early and when exactly(oop, after fort or after a week in normal)?

This isn't individual game. We need more info about how your KD is going to play and what is expected.
    To clarify, Bo To is asking if your kingdom is going into what's known as "fortified" stance when your kingdom is "out of protection" (oop) from the beginning of the new age.

If you don't have any of this information, please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Don't be discouraged by Sheister: he's very experienced and plays the game at the highest level. But I take it that you want to play hybrid so let's try to get you in the door.

Build wise, and I'm a sloppy builder, so a little help from our esteemed strategists is welcome:

15% guilds. I stink at math but I know elf mystic gets 100% effect from guilds.

15% guard stations. You're racial bonus of 35% lower losses can bite you if you lose acres faster than your defense dies.

10% universities. Cast revelations and hope this works, lol.

15% laboratories. This addreses what Sheister mentioned about getting mobbed.

10% banks. Your troop maintenance is insane.

10% farms. Lots of guys try to skate on low food and I caution against it in low activity kingdoms.

15% towers. These are your bullets. The idea is to accumulate enough to cast your mana down to 20%.

10% homes. Now I usually run a simpler strat with much higher homes, guilds and banks, but I usually run attacker races. This gives you a little wiggle room.

Edit: at the first sign of conflict switch out building to 15% watch towers. You don't wait. Lots of casters can get wrecked before war even starts by a good rogue. Maybe switch out your universities and 5% laboratories, but it depends. Guild effect self spell reliability and duration so I personally run 15% on non-mystics in war.

The reason I'm not promoting a pump build: a build that promotes high resource production, is because the traditional thief and rogue races(t/m) including elf, faery and halfling are targeted by many heavy attackers throughout the age. I'm recommending a low and slow approach because of your inexperience.

Good luck and keep it coming. I'm not the smartest builder, so hopefully some guys that are good at number crunching can offer you superior advice.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-05-2017 at 19:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    To clarify, Bo To is asking if your kingdom is going into what's known as "fortified" stance when your kingdom is "out of protection" (oop) from the beginning of the new age.

If you don't have any of this information, please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Don't be discouraged by Sheister: he's very experienced and plays the game at the highest level. But I take it that you want to play hybrid so let's try to get you in the door.

Build wise, and I'm a sloppy builder, so a little help from our esteemed strategists is welcome:

15% guilds. I stink at math but I know elf mystic gets 100% effect from guilds.

15% guard stations. You're racial bonus of 35% lower losses can bite you if you lose acres faster than your defense dies.

10% universities. Cast revelations and hope this works, lol.

15% laboratories. This addreses what Sheister mentioned about getting mobbed.

10% banks. Your troop maintenance is insane.

10% farms. Lots of guys try to skate on low food and I caution against it in low activity kingdoms.

15% towers. These are your bullets. The idea is to accumulate enough to cast your mana down to 20%.

10% homes. Now I usually run a simpler strat with much higher homes, guilds and banks, but I usually run attacker races. This gives you a little wiggle room.

The reason I'm not promoting a pump build: a build that promotes high resource production, is because the traditional thief and rogue races(t/m) including elf, faery and halfling are targeted by many heavy attackers throughout the age. I'm recommending a low and slow approach because of your inexperience.

Good luck and keep it coming. I'm not the smartest builder, so hopefully some guys that are good at number crunching can offer you superior advice.
    Everything in this post is absolutely wrong for starting elf :D.

1) elf doesn't have inbuild cleric - lost the -losses in the finale changes
    2) elf has the strongest def spec - 4k def specs with 10% forts make you UB oop(around 40k def).(NOTE: 3k def specs with mp and 10% forts give 30k def which also should be enough to be UB)
    3) elf is going to play with specs oop(def or off depends what you want) at 100% wages(which can't be change the first 1-2 days). The wage penalty is not that big problem at this point.
    4) as being UB you don't need gs or unis.
    5) You start with 40 farms, 30k food and half your max pop. You don't need that many farms. Actually if you aren't growing you can destroy 5 farms and still will have food for 3-4 days. If you are growing no need to remove farms.
    6) 15% guilds aren't enough to pump wpa unless you have something like 5+ and you need just 1 more.
    7) I can give you starting build if you tell what your role is going to be(hybrid or full t/m) and are you going to use fort or grow in the protection.

Needs to get out more
    The cleric thing, ok. I haven't looked that hard yet. ;) thank you.

He will be breakable though so you can't say that unequivocally; about UB.

Actually I'd run guard stations anyway. If he's hybrid attacker it's the best system because it's coming from all directions. Suffice to say, we do things differently. I'm a savvy ghetto creep and trying not to get this guy farmed.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The cleric thing, ok. I haven't looked that hard yet. ;) thank you.

He will be breakable though so you can't say that unequivocally; about UB.

Actually I'd run guard stations anyway. If he's hybrid attacker it's the best system because it's coming from all directions. Suffice to say, we do things differently. I'm a savvy ghetto creep and trying not to get this guy farmed.
    4000 (def specs) * 8 * 1.18(10% forts at 100% BE) * 1.05(MP) = 39648
    3000 (def specs) * 8 * 1.18(10% forts at 100% BE) * 1.05(MP) = 29736(in case he decides to explore 200a)

Nobody can break him. Even if someone can he won't be a desirable target. For real strato being UB as elf oop is the easiest thing ever :D. Now latter it gets harder :).

All I'm saying - 10% forts on elf for oop are much better than gs.

Veteran
    Haven't done maths but I think you can break 39k OOP. I agree he wouldn't be a desirable target and I would choose forts over GS OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Haven't done maths but I think you can break 39k OOP. I agree he wouldn't be a desirable target and I would choose forts over GS OOP.
    Ok avian with 2800 credits(I don't know how their -cred penalty is applied to starting credits), bl + fana, and 15% tgs can break 40k def. But I don't know anyone who is going to do it.

EDIT: ok that new race is going to be strong once it gets elites. But not for oop.
    Last edited by Bo To; 20-05-2017 at 20:32.

Needs to get out more
    I think its important to think of it this way: if he was in an organized kingdom they'd likely slot him as an attacker.

I agree with the fort idea, I'm just not a fort guy when hybrid a/m. If he's going M/t I'd go forts.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    4000 (def specs) * 8 * 1.18(10% forts at 100% BE) * 1.05(MP) = 39648
    3000 (def specs) * 8 * 1.18(10% forts at 100% BE) * 1.05(MP) = 29736(in case he decides to explore 200a)

Nobody can break him. Even if someone can he won't be a desirable target. For real strato being UB as elf oop is the easiest thing ever :D. Now latter it gets harder :).

All I'm saying - 10% forts on elf for oop are much better than gs.
    Bet you 100 Credits I can make 80k MO OOP.

On Topic: Talk with your kingdom. Nobody here are likely to guide you half as well as they can.
    Last edited by Folle; 20-05-2017 at 21:17. Reason: On topic stuff

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by areon View Post
    Hi!!

I need help.
    I'm new to this game so this age will be my first from the start of an age.
    I am going to play a Elf mystic.
    What i funniest to play M/a or M/t?

And what startingbuild should i go for as a Elf mystic??

//Areon
    The best thing you can do is once the game comes up login.. introduce yourself to your kingdom and ask what they need you to play.
    Then ask questions, and be active and you will be just fine.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

...and don't play mage.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I will go full m/t. I am going to use fort in protection. That would be awsome if u could post a startbuild :) And thx for trying to help me!!

Thread Information